Engine strengthing - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-02-2013, 08:23 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Engine strengthing

So I plan on going FI whether it be a turbo or a procharger, but if I want to run like 12-14 psi max how much hp would I be looking at and what would I have to do to make sure my car would last me a long time? I probably want to get at max around 450 ish to the wheels and idk what psi id be running to achieve that
Mattmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2013, 03:43 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattmyr View Post
So I plan on going FI whether it be a turbo or a procharger, but if I want to run like 12-14 psi max how much hp would I be looking at and what would I have to do to make sure my car would last me a long time? I probably want to get at max around 450 ish to the wheels and idk what psi id be running to achieve that
I think the procharger itself and a dyno tune will put u at 400 last I checked.

Your gna need forged internals and new heads from MMR.com

After that up the boost so u can get 500hp and your engine will last you for as long as you want with the new forged parts as long as its maintained properly of course.
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:47 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Besides the engine you will need to upgrade more parts as well
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2013, 03:53 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831 View Post
Besides the engine you will need to upgrade more parts as well
Well yea supporting mods but the main parts that will cost the most are internals and heads. After that the rest will come easy.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:56 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

If you want to a correct build by not taking short cuts it gets preety pricey. Not familiar with the new 6ers and engine wise
Old 05-03-2013, 05:27 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Will our mt-82 blow up?
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:03 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
If you want to a correct build by not taking short cuts it gets preety pricey. Not familiar with the new 6ers and engine wise
Don't second guess yourself... This will not be a cheap under taking. Anyone who has done a serious build that nearly doubles HP knows that factory parts start to break real quick.

Not sure about the MT-82... You will at least need to beef it up but personally, I would be looking at a high performance trans that was built for what your throwing at it...
Old 05-03-2013, 09:38 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeltx View Post

Don't second guess yourself... This will not be a cheap under taking. Anyone who has done a serious build that nearly doubles HP knows that factory parts start to break real quick.

Not sure about the MT-82... You will at least need to beef it up but personally, I would be looking at a high performance trans that was built for what your throwing at it...
The stock trans will hold up to 600HP with a normal procharger he wont be out putting more than 500 and thats with alot more work than a stock pro charger setup. Even clamphire if I spelled that right is trying to squeeze more than 425 out of his badass procharger setup.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:41 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Wheel if the trans can withstand 600hp then he's good there. I know a new clutch would be needed though
Old 05-03-2013, 12:01 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Wheel if the trans can withstand 600hp then he's good there. I know a new clutch would be needed though
If hes auto he would just need a new DS
Old 05-03-2013, 12:07 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to brandonveiga Send a message via Skype™ to brandonveiga
I think this is your best bet for going FI. They've featured some amazing results with little other modification outside of their kit. Especially AM's 2011 V6. You should talk to Dan from AM to get some more detailed answers if you're putting some serious thought into it. He's the man.

As Jeremy Clarkson would say: POWEEERRRRR
brandonveiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:21 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonveiga View Post
I think this is your best bet for going FI. They've featured some amazing results with little other modification outside of their kit. Especially AM's 2011 V6. You should talk to Dan from AM to get some more detailed answers if you're putting some serious thought into it. He's the man.
Id actually get In contact with MMR. My friend and myself are currently talking to them about getting him sponsored by them. Hes done 12's easy with just 50 shots of nitrous. When done he should be in the high 10s with his 250 shots. They seem to be interested but need a full portfolio on his car n parts hes put in and any car shows and plans for getting the word out etc.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:23 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

MMR is an awesome company. I was talking to them for a while and plan on talking again when I start NMRA next year... Tell your buddy to get a trailer or be ready to drive to events... companies love to have there name on cars so if you can get the car seen and followed you will have a much much better shot at getting sponsored.

as for the trans holding on at high horsepower, im glad to hear there holding as much as 600hp...is that fly wheel HP or wheel HP?
Old 05-03-2013, 03:33 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
MMR is an awesome company. I was talking to them for a while and plan on talking again when I start NMRA next year... Tell your buddy to get a trailer or be ready to drive to events... companies love to have there name on cars so if you can get the car seen and followed you will have a much much better shot at getting sponsored.

as for the trans holding on at high horsepower, im glad to hear there holding as much as 600hp...is that fly wheel HP or wheel HP?
Thats flywheel. So around 540 to the wheel

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

Quote:

But yea were ready bro
Old 05-03-2013, 05:14 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

sweeeet... its good to see more 3.7's getting serious about racing. good luck to the both of you
Old 05-03-2013, 08:05 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831
Transmissins are rated in torque, not horsepower.
ak_stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:05 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Can't wait to go FI
Taylorations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:12 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak_stang View Post

Sorry missread the ford document but I know for sure it was 600 same as the 5.0s

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak_stang View Post

And ive actualky seen my buddies single turbo 5.0 do 800HP to the wheels and the tranny held up. Then he upgraded it but it never gave out on him at the track nor as his daily driver
Old 05-04-2013, 08:54 AM   #19
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

If you got the $$$$ to spend

Go to Shelby America and let them super charge your 3.7 and although it will cost you a lot your 3.7 will now have the Shelby name and be done right. It will also be a good way of keeping the value up on your car instead of it going way down after you get some other place to throw on the SC for you.

Of course it will cost $$$$$$ but that is what I will do when I hit the Lotto or find a rich old lady that likes Mustangs.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:49 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

You cant forget that the mt-82 are made from China like every other ****ty thing at walmart is. I dont trust the trans that much to be honest.
TruChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:52 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Go to Shelby America and let them super charge your 3.7 and although it will cost you a lot your 3.7 will now have the Shelby name and be done right. It will also be a good way of keeping the value up on your car instead of it going way down after you get some other place to throw on the SC for you.

Of course it will cost $$$$$$ but that is what I will do when I hit the Lotto or find a rich old lady that likes Mustangs.

Ronnie
I like the way you think

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang