3K views 48 replies 10 participants last post by  Charlie_santos 
#1 ·
So Chris finally got his catts cut :D

Attachments

See less See more
#14 ·
And don't have to listen to people talk while you're driving. Lol

#26 ·
Hope you kept the cats. If you trade in, or sell to a private person without the cats installed, the next owner can come after you and request their money back, and/or you pay a hefty Federal fine, regardless of local laws. It's against federal law to remove them, and against Federal law to sell the vehicle without them.

My son went through this a few years ago. Sold his car to a private individual with the typical "sold as is" letter signed by both parties. Less than one week later my son was served papers stating he had two choices, either install the cats at his cost, or return the purchase price. After doing some investiation with the family lawyer, we found those two choices to be correct. My son was lucky that he also did not have to pay the 30K fine on top of it! Our layer informed us of cases where folks traded in their vehicle with the cats removed. A few days later the dealership contacted them and said they had to install the cats, or bring back the vehicle they traded in, as the dealer was not going to pay to install them, as they could not sell the vehicle until they were on.

So, enjoy the loud. Just be sure to weld them back on before you trade or sell.

#27 ·
Bucko is right again

Yes, Big trouble in selling or trading in a car or truck without the cat's.

If I were going to remove my cats I would go to a muffler shop and just get a left and a right streight pipe made from the header to the muffler. No X No H just a nice set of streigt pipes for the great seperation sounds of the good old days.

Then at trade in or selling time I would have the cats reinstalled.

Ronnie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.