Hellion Single Turbo - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-05-2013, 06:46 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Hellion Single Turbo

Have any of you put this on your Stang, and what is the HP increase without engine work? Just trying to get an idea before I think about purchasing one.
Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2013, 06:47 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shack View Post
Have any of you put this on your Stang, and what is the HP increase without engine work? Just trying to get an idea before I think about purchasing one.
I saw a video on YouTube of a 2012 v6 making 456 rwhp on 9 psi completely stock.
Crowned1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:49 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowned1 View Post

I saw a video on YouTube of a 2012 v6 making 456 rwhp on 9 psi completely stock.
Umm sign me up that's sick for a stock setup.
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2013, 06:58 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Wow that's awesome!
Old 05-05-2013, 07:59 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
That's a definite future mod for me I want to turbo my car so bad ! ! !
dozer 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:10 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
I wish mine was turbo instead of centri
Old 05-05-2013, 08:15 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah ?
Old 05-05-2013, 08:16 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Wow that's awesome!
yea of course if you wanna turn up the boost you start havjng to get into internals, injectors, etc. but having a v6 that makes 450 hp is pretty nice to me.
Crowned1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:17 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Sounds amazing to me
Old 05-05-2013, 08:21 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

You have to change your injectors with the kit. I was going to get it but got a way better deal on a centri. Also I was told you would still have to fab some things...
clamphier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:24 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Heard hellion has a really nice kit, except the turbonetics turbo they use is a poor turbo for the amount your paying.
Turbonetics use to be good, now not so much from what everyone has said
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:31 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Yea they blow seals really easy and they wont hold boost as long as they used to. If you do get a kit you would want to make sure its a ball bearing turbo if you do go turbonetics
Old 05-05-2013, 09:32 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

yea of course if you wanna turn up the boost you start havjng to get into internals, injectors, etc. but having a v6 that makes 450 hp is pretty nice to me.
A 5.0 is about 10k more than our 3.7s, and for 6k with a turbo kit I'd have more rwhp. Sounds good to me.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:55 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamphier View Post
You have to change your injectors with the kit. I was going to get it but got a way better deal on a centri. Also I was told you would still have to fab some things...
Changing injectors is crazy easy. With your centri, you might get 410 flywheel hp right? And it is what it is. With a turbo, forged internals a such, 600+ hp is very capable. What's your point dude? You may have paid 2k less, but you are stuck at what you have.

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

Remember that everything but a turbocharger is a paracyte to the engine. Prochargers and superchargers use hp to gain hp. Turbos use exhaust gas.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:57 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Changing injectors is crazy easy. With your centri, you might get 410 flywheel hp right? And it is what it is. With a turbo, forged internals a such, 600+ hp is very capable. What's your point dude? You may have paid 2k less, but you are stuck at what you have.
He could always change pulley size to up boost... So he's not totally stuck.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:03 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

And I'm at 415 to the wheels. And it would cost a little more than 2000 to forge the internals. Either one is capable of 600. I'm only running 8 pounds I can do up to 18ish with my actual supercharger and all I have to do is switch a pulley. Then if I wanna run more 1100 bucks and I can upgrade it to a ds1 and can go up to 30 pounds. Anything is capable and I am by no means stuck
Old 05-07-2013, 07:04 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeltx View Post

He could always change pulley size to up boost... So he's not totally stuck.
To what 50 or so hp? No thanks. And prochargers sound really weird.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:10 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

And you aren't capable of 600 with that turbo.. I'm not saying turbos are bad just saying what I have and that I'm not stuck

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

The pulley size is basically limitless. If I got down one size I'll be running about 13 psi and I would be between 450-475. Then one more pulley size down and I'm at 500 easy. Also have helical cut gears so you can't even really hear it

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

It uses about 8% so about 10 HP to get 140 I'll go ahead and do that
Old 05-07-2013, 07:11 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
And you aren't capable of 600 with that turbo.. I'm not saying turbos are bad just saying what I have and that I'm not stuck
That turbo with a stock engine running 9psi puts out around 456rwhp. Forged internals and a few other mods is perfectly capable of 600+rwhp. The procharger is not.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:15 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Yes it is I get forged internals and get the ds1 upgrade I'm at 600. I do this for a living I know what I'm talking about
Old 05-07-2013, 07:26 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Yes it is I get forged internals and get the ds1 upgrade I'm at 600. I do this for a living I know what I'm talking about
I'm just going to interject and say that's freaking awesome!!!!
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:27 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So do I. I started this thread to argue with someone like you lol. You might get to 600rwhp, but you are maxed out dude. Turbos are endless. Hell, you could even add twin turbos to top it off. The price of the added ds1 and other bs, why not just buy a turbo and be done?
Old 05-07-2013, 07:34 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

So do I. I started this thread to argue with someone like you lol. You might get to 600rwhp, but you are maxed out dude. Turbos are endless. Hell, you could even add twin turbos to top it off. The price of the added ds1 and other bs, why not just buy a turbo and be done?
I'm not maxed out at all though that's what I'm saying. Yes turbos are endless but not a 67mm turbo or a pieced together hellion kit. I'm saying right now total I was at 4200 everything to run a Procharger. Forged internals let's say 2200 so 6400, then ds1 upgrade I get it for 800 cause I know people so 7200. Then I'm easily 600 and only 400 more than the hellion kit. Would I like to have turbos sure but I like that I don't have a blow off its basically silent and I have power through the whole rpm range. But you can't tell me Procharger isn't good, look at what the fastest pro street car runs a Procharger. Just saying they make a good product for a nice price and without the hassle of building a turbo kit
Old 05-07-2013, 08:12 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'm not maxed out at all though that's what I'm saying. Yes turbos are endless but not a 67mm turbo or a pieced together hellion kit. I'm saying right now total I was at 4200 everything to run a Procharger. Forged internals let's say 2200 so 6400, then ds1 upgrade I get it for 800 cause I know people so 7200. Then I'm easily 600 and only 400 more than the hellion kit. Would I like to have turbos sure but I like that I don't have a blow off its basically silent and I have power through the whole rpm range. But you can't tell me Procharger isn't good, look at what the fastest pro street car runs a Procharger. Just saying they make a good product for a nice price and without the hassle of building a turbo kit
I'm not saying the procharger isn't good. For the price, it is. But you have forged internals. Running a stock turbo at 8psi has the same results. Now, you obviously like a sleeper car cause you hated on the blow off valve. Personally, I love it. It sounds amazing. And unless you go over 3k rpm, you will never hear it. And if you wanna race for real, the 1/4 mile is the true race. I live in NC and we have the 4 wide Z Max. You might win in a 1/8 mile run, but not a 1/4 mile. We should meet up after I put on my turbo and race for sure bro.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:17 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'm not saying the procharger isn't good. For the price, it is. But you have forged internals. Running a stock turbo at 8psi has the same results. Now, you obviously like a sleeper car cause you hated on the blow off valve. Personally, I love it. It sounds amazing. And unless you go over 3k rpm, you will never hear it. And if you wanna race for real, the 1/4 mile is the true race. I live in NC and we have the 4 wide Z Max. You might win in a 1/8 mile run, but not a 1/4 mile. We should meet up after I put on my turbo and race for sure bro.
I wanna watch
Old 05-07-2013, 08:24 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

I'm down and I wouldn't say sleeper I just have a real loud exhaust to cover everything else up lol. Personally I think you would have the 1/8 cause you could brake boost because my back end is really nice. I've been wanting to go there just haven't had the time. Yes the helical gears and hooked my bypass valve up where you couldn't hear it would portray sleeper though. Then there is a nitrous guy too we need to get him to come and we will see who has the best lol. So do you have a turbo and internals now?
Old 05-07-2013, 08:49 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm down and I wouldn't say sleeper I just have a real loud exhaust to cover everything else up lol. Personally I think you would have the 1/8 cause you could brake boost because my back end is really nice. I've been wanting to go there just haven't had the time. Yes the helical gears and hooked my bypass valve up where you couldn't hear it would portray sleeper though. Then there is a nitrous guy too we need to get him to come and we will see who has the best lol. So do you have a turbo and internals now?
No lol. I actually just bought my stang a few weeks ago. I have borla exhaust, cai, tune, and putting on racing stripes tomorrow. I wanted to get the exterior done first. But I have about 2 more grand to save up and the turbo will be on. Also I'm putting 3.55 gears in the rear at work on Monday. Keep in touch bro.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:54 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

No lol. I actually just bought my stang a few weeks ago. I have borla exhaust, cai, tune, and putting on racing stripes tomorrow. I wanted to get the exterior done first. But I have about 2 more grand to save up and the turbo will be on. Also I'm putting 3.55 gears in the rear at work on Monday. Keep in touch bro.
Imo 3.55 = waste of money but with turbo it may be an ok ratio.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:01 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

I have 3.55s its a good in between the car is still my daily and it helps trust me. And it gives you a lot more top end potential by no means a waste

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Quote:

Nice I'm trying to decide if I want to do stripes or a wrap. What shop do you work at? And I will you to.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:38 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post

Imo 3.55 = waste of money but with turbo it may be an ok ratio.
Very close to 3.73s and a huge difference from 2.73s. Not even close to a waste of money
Mustangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:45 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangs View Post

Very close to 3.73s and a huge difference from 2.73s. Not even close to a waste of money
I have 3.31 stockers, so it'd be a waste to me.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:51 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

It'd help you'd be surprised. At least 2 tenths. I'm just gonna get a nine inch rear end for the track with some 4.10s and upgraded axles
Old 05-07-2013, 10:53 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It'd help you'd be surprised. At least 2 tenths. I'm just gonna get a nine inch rear end for the track with some 4.10s and upgraded axles
I don't think that's necessary
Old 05-07-2013, 10:59 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

It would for sure be necessary then it'd be a track monster!
Old 05-07-2013, 11:12 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
A guy on YouTube. Stock 2.73s ran only 14.55 in the 1/4. Changed to 3.55 tune and intake. 13.3 1/4. That would beat a stock new ss
Mustangs is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang