Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Warranty question

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  tj@steeda 
#1 ·
If I just get a new muffler in replacement of the stock one, will I void my warranty? I was just planning on getting a flowmaster super 44 for right now. I also have the 4year extended warranty if that helps. Thanks!

#4 ·
Many have done this common mod, with no ill effects on warranty issues.

If you have any concerns about mods and warranty issues, it's best to ask your service advisor at your nearest Ford dealer that you will use for service. Some dealers are more strick than others. Some members here have stated they have installed more than just axle back muffler kits, and still got there warranty issues resolved with the mods they installed.
Always best to check first with the dealer you plan to have servicing your Mustang.

#5 ·
You only voided the warranty on the stock mufflers, not the entire car. I recently took my car in for a tranny leak, I had a Cai, O/R h pipe, pype-bombs, and my tuner (iTSX) connected to the car at time of warranty service. No issues, but as ^ said check with your service dept, bc some of them are hardcore a holes.

#11 ·
they can pretty much void it for anything they want, but 99% of the time mufflers are fine, they dont really impact anything and are at the back end so usually its fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.