Mustang pride! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-09-2013, 10:18 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Mustang pride!

Love your running pony! I have always had a love for mustangs. I don't know where it came from but I've had it since I was a little kid. I have the nothing but pride for my stang. And I hope to one day get my dream 67 fastback. But until then I'm gonna love and enjoy my stang!

But I just wanna know, when or how did your love for mustang start? And what's your dream year mustang?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3778605411.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	452.6 KB
ID:	107028  
MustangMade is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2013, 10:44 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
It all started in 1993 I'm the movie Menace II Society and Cain pulled up in brand new convertible fox body GT. I've been sold ever since
Tyriqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:57 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Idk where my love for mustangs came from I've just always loved them and knew one day I would own one.
cheelyb09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2013, 01:15 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Back when I was in middle school they would put a yellow early 2000's one in front of the high school as a raffle prize for good grades every year, that is where my love for mustangs came from. Ever since I always wanted one and made a promise to myself once I could own one I would get one and last year I was able too. My dream mustang would be a late 60's fast back or early 70's boss 302.
rmlong06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:25 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Once i actually drove one it took my heart lol.
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:00 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Always liked mustangs but I was obsessed with g35s when I was looking for a car. While out looking for the g35 I saw my baby at the end of the parking lot and forgot about the Infiniti. It was love at first sight really and I don't regret it at all!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3286884196.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	809.6 KB
ID:	107056  
Eric e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:02 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmlong06 View Post
Back when I was in middle school they would put a yellow early 2000's one in front of the high school as a raffle prize for good grades every year, that is where my love for mustangs came from. Ever since I always wanted one and made a promise to myself once I could own one I would get one and last year I was able too. My dream mustang would be a late 60's fast back or early 70's boss 302.
WTH?!!?! What school was this? Is that a common thing now? If they had done that when I was in school I would be teaching rocket science at a major university right now.lol. What an incentive! Lucky kids.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:57 AM   #8
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida

I was driving down the street and A Ford Car Hauling truck was in the right lane. A baby blue mustang convertible was on the top back. I followed that truck to the Ford dealer and bought it on the spot. It was the only one on the truck with a V8 (260 CI) four speed. It had the Rally Pack and Power steering and Power Brakes. A white top and blue interior.

How little did I know that one yer later I would be trading it on a 1965 289 Hi-Performance Notch-back with a black interior. 271 horsepower. I kept this one for three years and because it was souped up so much my new bride could not drive it so we traded it for a 1967 fully loaded notch-back with 289/ auto. air condition/ PS/PB/White with a black vinyl top. Brown leather interior. It was nice but no performance car like my 65 which I loved. I should have traded in the wife.

I did get a 69 Z28 Camaro the next year for myself.

Now I have a 2012 Mustang 3.7 MCA premium that I love and really enjoy driving. My Friend Shari has a 1966 Mustang Convertible so we have the old & the new.

My Mustang

Shari's 66 Mustang

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:03 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I should have traded in the wife.

My Mustang

Ronnie[/QUOTE]

^^^^^^HAHAHA^^^^^^^^^^
Tyriqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:34 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
When I was maybe 15-16.

I dreamed that my first car would be an 02 red (whichever red they had back then) mustang GT. Seems like most of the other guys in my class got one...I did not.

Can't complain with what the parents bought me though...I still love my corolla!
Old 05-10-2013, 01:52 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I remember when I was like 12 my dad took me to some drag races in Mexico just basically run what you brung and there was a fox body that was just destroying anything and everyone. The road down there aren't great at all but he launched it and stayed on it. The best part that it was a guy with very little money and he did all his own work. People with more costly cars didn't stand a chance. It's been a wrap every since.
SoberGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:18 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

My love for mustangs happened one late night I was like 7 years old and I heard a noise outside I went out by the door and all I hear is a roari g engine and tons of smoke then heard a car take off as I see pass by it was an early 90s mustang gt burning rubber. I wasn't scared even though it was loud obnoxious and fast I wanted more and to see more I was soo excited but thats the earliest I can remember about knowing about mustangs
Old 05-12-2013, 07:56 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
All my life I was a Chevy guy, inherited it from my family. (I still catch flak everyday ) but when I moved off to college my roommate was a diehard mustang fanatic. He owned 5 when I meet him. Long story short he is now my best friend and I am on my second mustang and he is on his 9-10th one He has a 65 fastback that is just a dream.
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:45 AM   #14
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
My neighbor had a 1969 Mach 1 with a 351 Cleveland. Red fastback with the black hood and shaker scoop. I would drool over that car and swore I'd have one someday. It ended up taking over 40 years befor I bought my first Mustang, a 1971 "Florida Special". It was a coupe with Mach 1 stripes from the factory. Ford was making attempts to draw in buyers with some "flash". Today, I have a close resemblence to that 1969 Mach with my 2011 Race red.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:10 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I grew up around the classic mid to late '60's muscle cars ( all makes). If I were rich I'd have one of each. The 2013 V6 I now have is great. To me it it has the the best style & lines of all the current reincarnations. I'm not into racing so the V6 suites my needs quite well.
Skidmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:11 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidmark View Post
I grew up around the classic mid to late '60's muscle cars ( all makes). If I were rich I'd have one of each. The 2013 V6 I now have is great. To me it it has the the best style & lines of all the current reincarnations. I'm not into racing so the V6 suites my needs quite well.
Those 3.7s don't play. There are many members on here with over 300rwhp in them.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:49 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I hear ya Black on Boss. I've had it for a week and just the stock setup has plenty of go. It's good to know there are options available should I get the itch. For now, it's time to get familiar with the wee beast and enjoy the ride.
Skidmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:51 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

I have a few mods for it if you are looking. I just traded my 3.7 for my boss and I demodded it before the trade.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:58 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post
I have a few mods for it if you are looking. I just traded my 3.7 for my boss and I demodded it before the trade.
I may be interested on some of the things.

It all started for me back when I was a little kid and my uncle would tell me stories about his Mustang. From then on I always wanted one. My dream Mustang would be a 2012 Yellow with black stripe Shelby GT500.

JMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:58 PM   #20
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post
What kind of goodies do you have??
Old 08-01-2013, 11:00 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Why 2012? I'd get the 2013 with the 5.8

---------- Post added 08-02-2013 at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was 08-01-2013 at 11:59 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIG View Post

What kind of goodies do you have??
Check out my classifieds post
Old 08-02-2013, 05:57 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

I was 11 years old when i saw my first Mustang at the Ford dealer. My Dad looked at one but it was too small, i have two younger sisters . In 1967 my Dad bought a new 2 door Galaxie 500. It was white with a black vinyl top........It also had a 428 with a 4 speed and a rare bench front seat. I got this car in 1986 from my Dad but it got stolen a year later
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang