Help: Questions about tuner. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-10-2013, 11:02 PM   #1

Region: Arkansas
Help: Questions about tuner.

OKAY..... I am frustrated driving my new 2013. I know she isn't going to feel like a V8 BUT.... when I press on the "gas" it is like I am fighting against the car to GOOOOOO !!!! ughhhhhhhhhh!!! She will GO when I slam my foot to the floorboard.... but, I'm frustrated cruising in town.

I am experiencing a "laggg" ... ( I shoulda had a V8) lol
WHAT IS UP WITH THAT???

Would a tune help??? AND I MEAN... a tune that would not void my warranty..,..?

Foondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2013, 11:06 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foondi View Post
OKAY..... I am frustrated driving my new 2013. I know she isn't going to feel like a V8 BUT.... when I press on the "gas" it is like I am fighting against the car to GOOOOOO !!!! ughhhhhhhhhh!!! She will GO when I slam my foot to the floorboard.... but, I'm frustrated cruising in town.

WHAT IS UP WITH THAT???

There isnt a tune that WONT void ur warranty unless its the ford tuner. A tune from AM or MPT will fix ur throttle lag
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:07 PM   #3
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

A tune and some gears would help a ton. FYI, any tune will void your warranty except the ford pro cal.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2013, 11:10 PM   #4

the gay ford tuners are not made for a V6 that won't void warranty... UNLESS you know something I don't LOL

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

from what I'm finding... the procal is not available for a V6
Old 05-10-2013, 11:20 PM   #5

I LOVE MY NEW MUSTANG!!! I just want some help understanding the way she's supposed to "feel" when I drive her. I am a NOVICE "femme" LOL
I've always driven 4 cyl economy type cars. It feels good some days and some days not so much.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:06 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
I LOVE MY NEW MUSTANG!!! I just want some help understanding the way she's supposed to "feel" when I drive her. I am a NOVICE "femme" LOL
I've always driven 4 cyl economy type cars. It feels good some days and some days not so much.
Why wouldn't 305 hp and 280ibs torque feel like a V8?
Step on the gas pedal. It doesn't take much. And use your Sport Mode when in town.
It's much more powerful than my 65 289 V8 was. So let me ask, if you've always driven 4 cylinders how do you know what a V8 feels like?
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:08 AM   #7
Regular
Supporter

It's the torque....
Old 05-11-2013, 02:34 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
It's the torque....
In your case no doubt.
But the 3.7 has the same torque as the 65 289 2bbl V8. Now where it came on is a different story. That 282 lbs of torque was at 2400 rpm vs our 4500 rpm. Which reminds me I have the 3:31 rear end so probably can't relate to how she is feeling. Mines going to get to rpm quicker. Having an automatic I do understand a little how the op feels but if hers is a 2013 using +\- should solve that problem.

The 3.7 is much faster in the quarter mile than the old 289 V8. But yeah it won't ever feel like your 5.0. That monster is quicker than any of the originals.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:53 AM   #9
Regular
Supporter

4.10s will help.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:52 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
4.10s will help.
True dat !
Old 05-11-2013, 05:55 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

WHAT IS UP WITH THAT???

No tune will void your warranty unless it causes damages. Even then it's iffy if it voids it or not. I know plenty of people that have gotten tunes and warranty work with no problems.
mrkrabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:06 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkrabz View Post

No tune will void your warranty unless it causes damages. Even then it's iffy if it voids it or not. I know plenty of people that have gotten tunes and warranty work with no problems.
False....tuning your car voids your warranty on your power train/engine. Doesn't mean dealers won't ignore it. Anything big enough to cause a Ford tech to come in to replace, so engine or power train is going to leave you with a huge bills for repair. They are going to pull the PCM and see you are tuned and you are a done deal. If it is something the dealer can fix on their own and they don't care your fine.

Hell my car has been to the dealer tuned/cat less and they never said a word. They don't care. Doesn't mean every dealership is that way.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:32 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Get a CAI. I did and it helped fix the lag issue.
elliottxspyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:36 PM   #14

My husband has a 2012 V8 ... he was experiencing what I am and referred to it as being "nannied". He got the procal and it runs much better for him now. He couldn't even do a burn out before the tune. There is no procal for V6

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

I already have the stock CAI... would that make much difference without a tune?

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

Old 05-11-2013, 01:48 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
My husband has a 2012 V8 ... he was experiencing what I am and referred to it as being "nannied". He got the procal and it runs much better for him now. He couldn't even do a burn out before the tune. There is no procal for V6

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

I already have the stock CAI... would that make much difference without a tune?

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

Well you're right then your V6 is never going to feel like a 412 hp V8 but it comes darn close to a 2009.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:52 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2012 View Post

Well you're right then your V6 is never going to feel like a 412 hp V8 but it comes darn close to a 2009.
420hp for the 2013
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:55 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

420hp for the 2013
Her husbands is a 2012.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:58 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
False....tuning your car voids your warranty on your power train/engine. Doesn't mean dealers won't ignore it. Anything big enough to cause a Ford tech to come in to replace, so engine or power train is going to leave you with a huge bills for repair. They are going to pull the PCM and see you are tuned and you are a done deal. If it is something the dealer can fix on their own and they don't care your fine.

Hell my car has been to the dealer tuned/cat less and they never said a word. They don't care. Doesn't mean every dealership is that way.
False, Tuning does not void any warranty. I've been back and forth on this issue on multiple threads across the website. A tune will not void the warranty.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:49 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Makes for some good reading.http://m.dummies.com/how-to/content/...ty-intact.html one paragraph taken from that site.

Further, under the act, aftermarket equipment that improves performance does not automatically void a vehicle manufacturer's original warranty, unless the warranty clearly states the addition of aftermarket equipment automatically voids your vehicle's warranty, or if it can be proven that the aftermarket device is the direct cause of the failure.

BTW I'm not saying anyone is a "dummy" lol. Some dealers won't make any fuss about modding. Talk to your dealer to see if your dealing with aholes or not. The moss magnuson act isn't a I can do what ever I want to my car law.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:49 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Makes for some good reading.http://m.dummies.com/how-to/content/...ty-intact.html one paragraph taken from that site.

Further, under the act, aftermarket equipment that improves performance does not automatically void a vehicle manufacturer's original warranty, unless the warranty clearly states the addition of aftermarket equipment automatically voids your vehicle's warranty, or if it can be proven that the aftermarket device is the direct cause of the failure.

BTW I'm not saying anyone is a "dummy" lol. Some dealers won't make any fuss about modding. Talk to your dealer to see if your dealing with aholes or not. The moss magnuson act isn't a I can do what ever I want to my car law.
I wish that I had that link back when deadsp0t was ridding my *** about how looking at your car the wrong way will void your warranty. Now that we have proof, he's no where to be seen.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang