Cold air intake - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-19-2013, 09:27 AM   #1

Region: Florida
Cold air intake

Please no bull **** answers. I have a 2013 v6 mustang. Do the cold air intake systems work or not? Also will the cold air intake affect my warranty> I suspect not, but have to ask. So in closing should I invest in a cold air intake or will I be just pissing away my money. Thanks.
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2013, 09:30 AM   #2
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
IMO, I think the stock air boxes on the 2011+ Mustang are great CIA's. I would just buy a drop-in K&N filter if it was me.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:33 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
IMO they are well worth the money. First off, they're really not all that expensive which is nice. If you head to americanmuscle.com and check out the reviews for some of the intakes, you'll see pretty much everyone says it well worth the investment. All the reviewers say its an instant noticeable difference in power and throttle response. For example, Airraid claims of gains up to 13hp and 15tq or something like that. It's a great first mod and I'm actually buying mine tomorrow. Should also help with mpg too. As for the warranty, it shouldn't void it.. But depending on your dealer, you never know. But a simple modification like that, shouldn't cause a failure for anything, thus not voiding your warranty.
Dhawk1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2013, 10:52 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Everything is a marketing ploy and a perception of the consumer..... If you like it? Buy it?
Old 05-19-2013, 11:00 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I don't know if you have the coin, but a shaker system would be better, but like dog said its really up to you. The tuner is where you will see the most benefit from a CAI. As far as brands go I'm clueless to which is better but highly recommend any that require a tune
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 05:52 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Get the Steeda CAI and tuner combo. End of discussion. I have one and it is amazing, but as ^ said. The tuner is where the most gain comes from, but tuner and Cai go hand in hand.
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:50 AM   #7
Admin

Supporter
Admin

CAI and axle back exhaust systems are the two most popular questions on this site. Here's one that came up about the same time as yours:

CAI or Drop in filter??

Grab a beverage of choice, select the search tab, type in "CAI", or "cold air intake", or "axle back" (next most popular question) and read away.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:51 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Well for $265, i would say the cai isn't such a bad deal. I can feel a very slight difference on the normal driving but once you floor it, I'm pretty sure its given me some decent gains. Also the sound it adds, it's great. I picked up the AFE stage 2 cai from horsepowerdirect.com because americanmuscle has it going for like $350. Got to me in a week, and the whole setup was real nice quality. If you have a tuner, than you cant go wrong with this, but I dont think theres much of a difference to the stock intake without a tune.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130520_215015.png
Views:	143
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	109389   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130520_215032.png
Views:	182
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	109390  

Gdocumet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:13 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post
Get the Steeda CAI and tuner combo. End of discussion. I have one and it is amazing, but as ^ said. The tuner is where the most gain comes from, but tuner and Cai go hand in hand.
Yup, I got the same. Get a cai that requires a tune and you will feel big difference. If you get one with no tune required then you just have a noise maker. I had one one of those but after the Steeda, there is no turning back. I love the suction noise it makes when I step on the gas pedal.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:06 AM   #10
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamp1 View Post
Get a cai that requires a tune and you will feel big difference. If you get one with no tune required then you just have a noise maker.
This. So many out here are brainwashed into thinking they have to have a CAI for better performance. Ford did their homework with this V6 Mustang, including getting plenty of cold air into the intake. Unless you plan to go the way of a tuner, want noise, or wish to dress up the engine, save the money of a basic CAI for something else.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:03 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post

This. So many out here are brainwashed into thinking they have to have a CAI for better performance. Ford did their homework with this V6 Mustang, including getting plenty of cold air into the intake. Unless you plan to go the way of a tuner, want noise, or wish to dress up the engine, save the money of a basic CAI for something else.
+1
EricJames is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang