Axle back mufflers. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-19-2013, 09:34 AM   #1

Region: Florida
Axle back mufflers.

Will the installation of axle back mufflers void the mfgr's warranty. I am looking for a throatier sound. Any suggestions for a set? I have a 2013 v6 still under warranty automatic. Thank you.
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2013, 11:26 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
Will the installation of axle back mufflers void the mfgr's warranty. I am looking for a throatier sound. Any suggestions for a set? I have a 2013 v6 still under warranty automatic. Thank you.
It shouldn't void no warranty but it's up to the dealership say so. Some say yes and some say no.
silvrbullet2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:40 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrbullet2012 View Post

It shouldn't void no warranty but it's up to the dealership say so. Some say yes and some say no.
Just like bullet said it's up to your dealership. My dealership only voids warranty if you use a tuner on the engine. If I were you visit the dealership you bought the car from and talk to them about what will and will not void your warranty.
As for axle backs, if you can afford borla ataks then go balls out! They are amazing. Haha
Good luck!
TruChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2013, 12:43 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Okay here's an interesting thought.

I bought my car here in California and am about to move to VA. What should I do when I get out there? Should I pick the best Ford dealer with regards to warranty?
Old 05-19-2013, 11:08 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderfreak145 View Post

I bought my car here in California and am about to move to VA. What should I do when I get out there? Should I pick the best Ford dealer with regards to warranty?
I have no clue how that will work.. Sorry man lol
TruChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:17 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Go to the dealers in the new area and talk to the head manager of the service department. Or just go balls deep like me n get them to keeo ur warranty with all your mods and tunes hahaha
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:33 AM   #7
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:

Yes. Some dealerships will work with you and your mods. Others will not. In all cases, any part that was changed will most definatly affect the warranty for that part, meaning if you change the axle backs, they no longer have a factory waranty. If you install a CAI, the intake system is no longer warrantied, and possibly other engine parts. In all cases, talk to a service manager and ask before you install.

No one here is going to pay for your repairs if you are denied warranty work because of an install you did. So, read everyones answers here, but the final decision should be between you and whichever Ford dealership you chose to work with.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:09 AM   #8

Best bet is to write Ford service and warranty division. Ask them. Then when you get the reply print it out and take it with you. Problem solved. I do know that Virginia is not as stringent as Cali when it comes to vehicle mods. But get that answer from Ford.
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang