CAR ACCIDENT :'( - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-21-2013, 05:55 PM   #36
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
No Lawyer

All it will do is cost you a lot of $$$$$ for nothing. When you see your Doctor be sure to save the receipts. As far as you not being able to think straight. You will get nothing extra from the insurance company for that. Your better off just to go to school and get your test done. Get your car fixed or replaced and move on. If You want money for pain and suffering you need to sue the person in small claims court. The guy's insurance company will spend a million dollars to not pay you a few thousand. Thats just the way it always has been and the way it is now. The insurance company will fix or replace your car and that is all they will do. They should pay for a rental car and Doctors bills but they sure ain't gonna hire you a driver or pay your cab fare. Plus, They will try to only pay you book value for your car if they total it. You can then argue for a tad more but don't count on that. Good luck and just keep on doing what needs to be done in your life.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2013, 07:24 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
All it will do is cost you a lot of $$$$$ for nothing. When you see your Doctor be sure to save the receipts. As far as you not being able to think straight. You will get nothing extra from the insurance company for that. Your better off just to go to school and get your test done. Get your car fixed or replaced and move on. If You want money for pain and suffering you need to sue the person in small claims court. The guy's insurance company will spend a million dollars to not pay you a few thousand. Thats just the way it always has been and the way it is now. The insurance company will fix or replace your car and that is all they will do. They should pay for a rental car and Doctors bills but they sure ain't gonna hire you a driver or pay your cab fare. Plus, They will try to only pay you book value for your car if they total it. You can then argue for a tad more but don't count on that. Good luck and just keep on doing what needs to be done in your life.

Ronnie
Every thing here is true. Ditch the lawyer idea. I just settled a case and had a lawyer this time. Unless your seriously hurt, the lawyer is the only one that makes out. If you do hire a lawyer, expect all your medical bills to be sent to collection during the 2yrs your lawyer slo jacks you. I actually got less money than they offered before I hired the lawyer, and then I had to pay his sorry ***.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:11 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
If u do decide in a lawyer make sure they work on percentage!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2013, 08:16 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
If u do decide in a lawyer make sure they work on percentage!
Most all work on percentage, 33 1/3 plus expenses. When it's all said an done, its more like 60% plus their kick back from the ins. Co.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:52 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

Most all work on percentage, 33 1/3 plus expenses. When it's all said an done, its more like 60% plus their kick back from the ins. Co.
It saved me a huge head ache though! I hate dealing with insurance companies! Plus I know some people that only got 50% from the insurance company because they said one wrong detail!
Old 05-22-2013, 04:11 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

thank u guys so much for the feedback i will keep u guys updated and honestly i feel like i lost an important family member when my car got totaled
killrocker52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:14 AM   #42
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Most of these pain and suffering cases end up going through arbitration and settle for a small amount, unless you have perminant physical injuries.

The TV is full of infomercials from lawyers wanting folks to sue for car accidents. Sigh.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:18 AM   #43
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by killrocker52 View Post
thank u guys so much for the feedback i will keep u guys updated and honestly i feel like i lost an important family member when my car got totaled
Sorry for your loss and for your injuries. This forum can be a great place to share and get feelings off your chest. Your car is easily replaced. Your life will move forward.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:37 AM   #44
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
If I were lawyer I'd say differently, but I'm not. Os his insurance a major carrier Geico, Liberty Mutual, State Farm, All State, Progressive, etc.. You know the ones that advertise all the time? If so then I wouldn't worry with the lawyer
Old 05-22-2013, 12:29 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Sorry to hear about your wreck. Each state has different laws. A few years ago i got hit in the rear and messed my neck up. I now have a plate in my neck with 8 screws and 6 stapels . But i got 6 figures . It took 3 years to get it but i did .
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 04:09 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

update: my insurance company wants to pay me for the car and then my insurance company is going to ask the money from the other guy's insurance, this seems really sketchy to me because at the same time they want me to call the other insurance company for all the injuries. for any of u wondering i have explorer insurance.
Old 05-27-2013, 04:20 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
update: my insurance company wants to pay me for the car and then my insurance company is going to ask the money from the other guy's insurance, this seems really sketchy to me because at the same time they want me to call the other insurance company for all the injuries. for any of u wondering i have explorer insurance.
Wtf is that kind of insurance..... Never heard
Old 05-27-2013, 04:53 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

im beyond pissed off right now i hate every ****ing thing right now i just want everything to be over i want my car back or a new car
Old 05-27-2013, 06:47 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
im beyond pissed off right now i hate every ****ing thing right now i just want everything to be over i want my car back or a new car
What did you hit another car or how did it happen?
Old 05-27-2013, 08:38 PM   #50
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Thisdon't sound right at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killrocker52
I don't think you heard them correctly or they just don't want to pay. Something is definitely totally wrong with this.I would call my agent and demand they do what you paid for. It is called "SERVICE" and your agent shoud be the one to guide you through this. If they won't give you the service you paid for you need to contact the insurance commisioner in your state and find out what the hell they think they are doing.

I'm sure glad I got Progressive. And an AGENT named Thereasa that I deal with when I have a question or do need to speak to someone.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:25 PM   #51
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:

I don't think you heard them correctly or they just don't want to pay. Something is definitely totally wrong with this.I would call my agent and demand they do what you paid for. It is called "SERVICE" and your agent shoud be the one to guide you through this. If they won't give you the service you paid for you need to contact the insurance commisioner in your state and find out what the hell they think they are doing.

I'm sure glad I got Progressive. And an AGENT named Thereasa that I deal with when I have a question or do need to speak to someone.

Ronnie
Yeah State Farm is really good to
Old 05-27-2013, 11:30 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post

Yeah State Farm is really good to
I've never had them, but I will say they are awesome to deal with. ******* ran over my bike had them, they paid me every penny.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:21 AM   #53
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:

Ronnie
This is how it works in Florida, which is a "no fault" state. Your insurance company pays out to have your car repaired. Then they will collect from the other persons insurance company. Just be sure not to settle for a low ball offer, meaning, make sure your car is repaired properly, and to your satisfaction. As to injury issues, I don't know how that works.

What state are you in? You should be pointing these questions towards your state insurance commisioners office.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:34 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

+1 Research bodyshops in your area for a good one. If it's not totaled, you have the right to have it fixed anywhere you want. A good shop will know if its totaled, where as someone else might patch it back together just to get the work.
If you really want it done well, just have insurance take it to your local ford dealer. the insurance will pay for it all.
RocknCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:36 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocknCali View Post

If you really want it done well, just have insurance take it to your local ford dealer. the insurance will pay for it all.
The Ford dealer is not always the best option, been there done that.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:58 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The Ford dealer is not always the best option, been there done that.
and why is that?
RocknCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:22 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

update my insurance is willing to pay $19,122.42 i didnt accept because i checked on kelly blue book my car is worth about 21000 so i told them about this and they told me that they use cccvalue scope and i asked them if they added all the options that were in my car since it was a v6 premium and they told me they forgot to add the spoiler and the sync system so im waiting for there call again to tell me the updated value. On a lighter note drove 2013 v6 premium mustang with 1600 miles the dealer is selling it for 24500 with tax and registration included or 2011 v8 mustang for 24000 with tax and registration included what do u guys think ? which one should i get ? and gt owners can u tell me how is the daily driving gas mileage on the v8s?
Old 05-28-2013, 09:29 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

and why is that?
To make it short, I'll just say, I got the worst job I have ever seen from a Ford dealer. Not all, just this this one, so do your research.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:00 PM   #59
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:

I'm okay with my Ford dealer they did an ok job the paint matches the parts are good but they just did an okay job. There's another shop here that I regret not going to.

State Farm is a unique company they really look out for their customers. They ask to see the car sometimes.

Body Shops hate State Farm I'm sure they want things done a certain way and expect to pay a certain amount
Old 05-29-2013, 09:28 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

update insurance company offered 20,

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

update insurance company offered $20,200 i accepted it. also found out today i might be getting hand surgery doctor told me i have another fracture on same hand and there might put a small screw that will go through my thumb ouch:'(
Old 05-29-2013, 09:32 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

update insurance company offered $20,200 i accepted it. also found out today i might be getting hand surgery doctor told me i have another fracture on same hand and there might put a small screw that will go through my thumb ouch:'(
Now you need a lawyer !
Old 05-30-2013, 02:17 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Dude your car is worth more then that.... Also if your getting another mustang go for a v8! You won't regret it! Also can you explain how the accident happend?
Old 05-30-2013, 06:34 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

my car had 44000 miles so $20,200 for a 2011 v6 premium mustang isn't too bad and people thanks for all the advice really appreciate it
Old 05-31-2013, 06:16 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
my car had 44000 miles so $20,200 for a 2011 v6 premium mustang isn't too bad and people thanks for all the advice really appreciate it
How did the accident happen?
Old 05-31-2013, 08:06 AM   #65
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Excellent! That's a good deal I'm glad things are working out
Old 06-02-2013, 11:09 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
Cool, good luck on sorting this all out and finding another Mustang!
BattleBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:40 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

I know its been a while i finally got my cast off last week and i already bought a new car some of u guys might not be happy about it so im just gonna say it i got a 2012 dodge challenger sxt
Old 09-06-2013, 04:48 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

I drove my buddy's srt8 a few times before he traded it for a viper. They are nice cars, they ride nice and don't have junk shifters. Although I'll always own Fords, the quality of the challenger beats the mustang, hands down.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:09 AM   #69
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
I drove my buddy's srt8 a few times before he traded it for a viper. They are nice cars, they ride nice and don't have junk shifters. Although I'll always own Fords, the quality of the challenger beats the mustang, hands down.
Don't see how you come up with this...The Challenger is built on the Chrysler 300 platform, one reason for it's lack of success in the muscle car sales. It's a nice looking retro car, but it should have had its own chassis. This is why it will fade off in the next year or so when the Barracuda is released.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:18 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

I agree the quality of the challenger is outstanding also the challenger is a much more comfortable car and i can finally go 10mph over a speed bump lol. but the challenger has a lot of blindspots and is much thirstier than the mustang. Ive owned the challenger for about 3 days now and ive been getting so much attention its a bit overwhelming.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang