CAR ACCIDENT :'( - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-06-2013, 05:20 AM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Don't see how you come up with this...The Challenger is built on the Chrysler 300 platform, one reason for it's lack of success in the muscle car sales. It's a nice looking retro car, but it should have had its own chassis. This is why it will fade off in the next year or so when the Barracuda is released.
Have you drove one? The Plymouth is long forgotten, nothing but internet rumors remain.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2013, 05:30 AM   #72
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
Have you drove one? The Plymouth is long forgotten, nothing but internet rumors remain.
Yes, I drove one. I test drove a Challenger, a Camaro, and the Mustang. The Challanger had a nice ride, a sweet retro look (I placed it first in this catagory), but the body was heavy, and I could feel this when attempting to drive it as a "sports" car.

The Camaro handled as good as the Mustang, but I just could not get past it's cheap looking interior and style.

The Mustang handled much better than the heavy Challenger, and that was with the base package and its solid rear axle. The Mustang is lighter, and has it's own designed chassis. I suspect the new 2015 with the IRA will be even more capable than the Challanger.

These were my opinions after test driving all three. The Challager I drove was an SRT package. The price scared me a bit, but had I gone the way of a Chalanger, it would have had to be an SRT, as this was the only package that would have made the Challanger even with a Camaro or Mustang. It was nice going straight forward, but for me, there's more than just "straight line" performance.

It would be a shame if they don't upgrade the Challanger, or replace it with something that will compete with the other two. I like these new pony car wars; we all benifit from them.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:03 AM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Don't see how you come up with this...The Challenger is built on the Chrysler 300 platform, one reason for it's lack of success in the muscle car sales. It's a nice looking retro car, but it should have had its own chassis. This is why it will fade off in the next year or so when the Barracuda is released.
+1 looks good but......
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2013, 07:10 AM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post

+1 looks good but......
How's that shifter working out for ya?
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang