CAR ACCIDENT :'( - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-20-2013, 01:52 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
CAR ACCIDENT :'(

HI guys got in a car accident this friday and car is totaled and I also have a fracture on my right hand and the accident was the other guy's fault I was wondering are they gonna give me money or buy me a same exact car and second question do u think there is a way for the insurance company to send me a driver because i cant drive and i would hate for my parents to miss work and thanks in advance also please be safe
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20130517_160128.jpg
Views:	463
Size:	886.6 KB
ID:	109240   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130517_160134.jpg
Views:	578
Size:	819.5 KB
ID:	109241  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20130517_160140.jpg
Views:	493
Size:	957.3 KB
ID:	109242  
killrocker52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2013, 02:49 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
It really depends on what your insurance policy is. Or really depends on if his insurance will pay for it or not. Look over your insurance info and call his insurance company tomorrow to find out. I just wouldn't expect as nice of a ride for a loaner.
I'm sure your car will be fixed or replaced, really sorry to hear about it and glad no one got seriously hurt.
jessesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:33 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
You can also get a lawyer and sue his insurance
Alonzo.dargan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2013, 04:03 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
If the other guy had insurance, then you should be fine. They should cover everything, if not, then your insurance will cover it. As for the driver, I don't think they will do that. I think instead they will pay your salary equal to how long you have to miss work, and your employer can't fire/punish you for missing due to it being a medical injury.
mrkrabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:53 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
For your sake, I hope the car is totaled, but from the pics it doesn't look like it. The other guys insurance will pay so much for a rental, if totaled, they will make you an offer pretty quick to avoid paying it. If you turn the offer down, they will no longer pay for the rental. The check will be made out to you, and the lien holder/ body shop, if you have one. DON'T HIRE A LAYER if at all possible. The lawyer will end up with more $$ than you. I just settled with an ins co and had a lawyer, I ended up taking nothing just to keep the db lawyer from making 6k to my $500. I laughed at him and told him, if I'm not getting paid for my suffering, neither is he.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:02 AM   #6
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
First, talk to your insurance agent. Ask them these questions you posted here. Second, be careful in what you say and post, as your insurance company of the other drivers insurance company can use anything you say or write to defend their case.

Who was at fault? Any thraffic violations issued? Do not allow your insurance company or the other drivers to perform a recorded conversation unless you are absolutely happy with the outcome or payout. be sure you are healthy and completely compensated before agreeing with any insurance companies offering.

This ounds to be your first accident. The insurance companies are in business to payout as little as they need to. If you are not happy with what they want to do with your car, you do not have to take their first offering, unless you are happy with it. Ask plenty of questions. Talk to a lawyer if need be, as they usually offer an initial free consultation.

Your parents should also be very helpful in this situation. Talk with them.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:06 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to bullitt1075
That sucks, I hope you get it all worked out and heal up.
Proud owner of Bullitt #1075
bullitt1075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:52 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

the thing is its not work im worried about i goto college and its my finals this week and i can't drive and also can't write i rather not go to a lawyer too but someone said that my car doesn't look totaled it is there was engine fluids everywhere all the parts of the engine were on the ground also it was his fault. also after the cops left the guy's mother comes unto me and asks me to take the car to her uncles body shop and i decline and 2 min later random lady shows up she tells me that she's from the guy's insurance company with absolutely no proof at all
Old 05-20-2013, 08:37 AM   #9
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Only talk to your own Agent. """NOBODY ELSE"""

They will screw you in a heartbeat if you say the wrong thing. Let your insurance company agent advise you. Do not listen to Friends or Family. Only your insurance agent.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:00 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
They will screw you in a heartbeat if you say the wrong thing. Let your insurance company agent advise you. Do not listen to Friends or Family. Only your insurance agent.

Ronnie
+1 Research bodyshops in your area for a good one. If it's not totaled, you have the right to have it fixed anywhere you want. A good shop will know if its totaled, where as someone else might patch it back together just to get the work.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:06 AM   #11
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:

Ronnie
X3 trillion just ask your insurance agent! If its the same company you have things should be easy
Old 05-20-2013, 09:08 AM   #12
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Let your insurance company deal with it, and a lawyer sounds like a good idea also.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:14 AM   #13
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

+1 Research bodyshops in your area for a good one. If it's not totaled, you have the right to have it fixed anywhere you want. A good shop will know if its totaled, where as someone else might patch it back together just to get the work.
Right google shops! A good shop will have reviews and even the Ford dealership will do good work.

Your insurance co might have an approved shop that is reputable. Ask your agent who they recommend. State Farm (who I have partners with some of the best shops in the area).

I'd venture to guess that is near totaled
Old 05-20-2013, 09:16 AM   #14
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

Ronnie
^^^THIS!^^^
Also, don't deal with the other party's insurance company. Deal only with your insurance adjuster. Let your insurance company duke it out with the other.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:45 AM   #15
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Yep. You are also intitled to genuine Ford OEM parts, so insist on it. Do not allow any adjuster of the "other" insurance company to push you towards aftermarket replacement sheet metal. Insist and demand to see the order sheet for Ford OEM parts.

Again, do not allow yourself to be recorded by any agent, even your own. They may call you, and ask or inform you that the conversation is being recorded. Do not allow this! They can try and trick you into answering a question to their advantage.

Remember, insurance companies are in the business to settle a claim for as little as possible. It is good that the other party is at fault. Your agent should be taking care of all this for you. If your injuries keep you from driving, I'd think that you'd be intitled to Taxi service to/from your school for classes, but I've never had this situation. best to discuss with your agent.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:59 AM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko
Yep. You are also intitled to genuine Ford OEM parts, so insist on it. Do not allow any adjuster of the "other" insurance company to push you towards aftermarket replacement sheet metal. Insist and demand to see the order sheet for Ford OEM parts.

Again, do not allow yourself to be recorded by any agent, even your own. They may call you, and ask or inform you that the conversation is being recorded. Do not allow this! They can try and trick you into answering a question to their advantage.

Remember, insurance companies are in the business to settle a claim for as little as possible. It is good that the other party is at fault. Your agent should be taking care of all this for you. If your injuries keep you from driving, I'd think that you'd be intitled to Taxi service to/from your school for classes, but I've never had this situation. best to discuss with your agent.
Not necessarily, you are entitled to parts to make the vehicle whole. If aftermarket parts are available and payment will include the aftermarket body parts. Legally you cannot specify oem only parts are paid for. You will end up paying the difference out of pocket
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:08 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post

Not necessarily, you are entitled to parts to make the vehicle whole. If aftermarket parts are available and payment will include the aftermarket body parts. Legally you cannot specify oem only parts are paid for. You will end up paying the difference out of pocket
This.. There's this thing called OE insurance if you want, expect or demand OE replacement.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:13 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

This is why whenever you are in a major accident, you always want to push for a total claim. That way you get a new, shinny car. If they just fix it, it'll never drive the same. Even if they use OEM parts, it wont have the same "feel" to it.
mrkrabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:19 AM   #19
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post

That is true they can ask for the difference.

They used a fair amount of OEM on my '06. My guess is they'll also use reconditioned OEM parts they can't sell them as new but they're of good quality!
Old 05-20-2013, 11:51 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Sorry you are injured. Hope you heal quick. Keep us posted.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:00 PM   #21
Admin

Supporter
Admin

With my insurance, I get genuine Ford OEM. I paid the higher premiums. I learned this lesson some time back when some low insured idiot hit a 1990 vette my wife was driving. Did a huge amount of damage, but not enough to have it totaled. Last vette we ever bought. I've always insisted on OEM, and have always got OEM. Don't know if it's different from state to state, but in Florida, when the other party is as fault, I have the right to get OEM parts for the repair.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:01 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to brandonveiga Send a message via Skype™ to brandonveiga
With that kinda damage i'm glad you're ok, that's the most important thing! Def talk to your own insurance agent, they should give you the answers you need. My first Mustang got hit by a trash truck driver that wasnt watching what he was doing. If i had hit my brakes a quarter second later, it would have come through my door and probly killed me. His insurance paid to fix the car (BARELY not totaled) The downside is that when you do eventually go to sell the car you have to say it was in an accident :/

As Jeremy Clarkson would say: POWEEERRRRR
brandonveiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:54 PM   #23
Admin

Supporter
Admin

One more thing I forgot to mention...you can ask for and get "Loss of value" for your Mustang. Assuming the insurance company repairs the car, it will be worth less now, because it has been in an accident, and filed with an insurance claim. When you go to sell or trade it it, a carfax most likely will be run on it, and it will show this accedent claim, and the value drops; trade in and or out right sale to a private individual.

Insurance companies, especially when it's not your fault, will pay a "depretiated payment" to you. You have to ask and insist for it. Be firm and polite. It's not easy, but if you demand it, your insurance company will go after it against the party's insurance company that hit you.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:52 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

update insurance company asked me to go to the police department to get the police report because insurance company said if they ask it'll take at least 3 weeks so went to the police department and requested the form now i have to wait 10 days the reason i need the report because the other guy's insurance info is on the report. ill keep u guys posted i just wish this wouldnt take this long its frustrating becAuse i pay all my bills on time so why is this taking so long im sorry for the rant im on medication right now lol
Old 05-20-2013, 05:00 PM   #25
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
One more thing I forgot to mention...you can ask for and get "Loss of value" for your Mustang. Assuming the insurance company repairs the car, it will be worth less now, because it has been in an accident, and filed with an insurance claim. When you go to sell or trade it it, a carfax most likely will be run on it, and it will show this accedent claim, and the value drops; trade in and or out right sale to a private individual.

Insurance companies, especially when it's not your fault, will pay a "depretiated payment" to you. You have to ask and insist for it. Be firm and polite. It's not easy, but if you demand it, your insurance company will go after it against the party's insurance company that hit you.
Correct! Diminished Value it's usually a made up number you'll have to negotiate that!
Old 05-20-2013, 05:01 PM   #26
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by killrocker52 View Post
update insurance company asked me to go to the police department to get the police report because insurance company said if they ask it'll take at least 3 weeks so went to the police department and requested the form now i have to wait 10 days the reason i need the report because the other guy's insurance info is on the report. ill keep u guys posted i just wish this wouldnt take this long its frustrating becAuse i pay all my bills on time so why is this taking so long im sorry for the rant im on medication right now lol
No worries it takes forever!
Old 05-20-2013, 05:05 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
i pay all my bills on time so why is this taking so long im sorry for the rant im on medication right now lol
Taking so long? You had the accident on Friday. This is not long. You must be patient when dealing with insurance companies, and if you think this is long wait till the car is in the body shop. It has been my experience to take their estimate on how long the repair will take and double it.

There will be all kinds of unforeseen delays: Parts on backorder, additional damage found, etc,

Good Luck on getting the car repaired and to your damaged hand also.
2007 Torch Red Mustang GT, Parchment Leather, Saleen Supercharger, SCT X-Cal Programmer,brenspeed.com tunes, Tuned by X-Act Dyno (Tempe, Az) 425rwhp, 4:10 Gears, Axel-back MAC exhaust, Dashhawk OBD-II Computer Monitoring System, Sequential Tail Lights, Halo Driving Lights, Eagle Eye Headlights with 6000K HID's, Clear Turn Signal Lenses, Projector Switchback Bulbs, Painted White LeMans Style Stripes, CDC Aggressive chin spoiler, Billet hood pins, Pirelli P-Zero P255 40 ZR19 wheels mounted on 2014 Mustang GT Wheels
Badinuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:15 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Sorry to hear about this man the same thing happen to me a couple months ago! (Ironically the same color/body style mustang & same area) Well my car ended up being totaled & they payed of what the car was worth..I didn't have GAP insurance so I was left with some of the remaining balance of the car which sucked but luckily it wasn't too much (like 1000) I immediately hired a lawyer to make my life easier!! Also I payed my deductible to my insurance (which i will get back as soon as the other drivers insurance pays back my insurance) so they could pay the cars total value quicker & I could start getting a new car with out having 2 payments to worry about!
Old 05-20-2013, 07:25 PM   #29
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Ten Days for a Police report??? What the Heck????

Oh, I see you live in California. A different country. I live in Florida and got a Police report while I waited about fifteen min. I wonder why it would take ten days. Strange. All they have to do is print it out from the computer.

When I did live in Delaware my wife wrecked the Mustang and I still got a police report in two days. No Computers in 1969.

You do need to get it because insurance company's won't do much without one.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:14 PM   #30
Road Trip!

Region: New York
You said it was the other drivers fault? In my experience I have never had an issue when dealing with my insurance company. However in the two accidents I was in where the other diver was at fault. the insurance companies fought with me and it went to an arbitrator. One was found 100% at fault the other was 80%. The messed up thing the 80% was where a driver backed into me while I was sitting still on my motorcycle. Yeah that's right he backed into me!!! My insurance had to pay 20% of the damage. My advice get a lawyer!!! Do not let the insurance company mess with you!!! Sue the F out of them. Remember an Insurance company is a business they do not care about you, they only care about money. All they want is to do is collect premiums and find the easiest way the pay as little as possible.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:21 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Do a little research on-line. I believe it is two years before you have to file a lawsuit for personal injury. Document EVERYTHING! What you can do and what you CAN'T Do! Keep track of all medical bills. Assuming you did go to the emergency room after the accident? The insurance company will want to settle with you about your car but they really are concerned about medical bills. They might even offer you money right away to settle the entire claim. If you do, you will have to sign a waiver for any further medical bills. Also, if you have seen a doctor, they will want to charge you full cost, instead of billing your health insurance. If they do this and you are fighting with the insurance company you might end up paying your medical bills out of your own pocket until you settle the claim.

Don't hold your breath for a driver. If your in any sized city in Cali, they can ask you to take the bus. Check, there may be a service that comes to you house and will take you to school. This will be part of the public bus system. If you can't drive because of your injury, very unlikely they will give you a rental car.

Usually the amount of damages will be 3 times your medical bills. If it is a simple accident, you can probably get them so settle for around 2.4%. Don’t get GREEDY. The insurance company will not have a problem dragging out the case for years, they are going to lose anyway.

If you decide to hire an attorney, do the following: 1) Do not give the attorney 1/3 of your settlement. Inform the attorney if he wants your business, this is want you want: ALL Medical bills and deductibles get paid first. Then any fees for processing, any work for the case gets paid. THEN HE CAN HAVE HIS 1/3 OR 40% IF IT GOES TO COURT. The attorney may not want this but you have a solid case in which the other party is at fault.

He will take the deal, if not, some other attorney will take it.

Hope this helps.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:02 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Oh, I see you live in California. A different country. I live in Florida and got a Police report while I waited about fifteen min. I wonder why it would take ten days. Strange. All they have to do is print it out from the computer.

When I did live in Delaware my wife wrecked the Mustang and I still got a police report in two days. No Computers in 1969.

You do need to get it because insurance company's won't do much without one.

Ronnie
That's California for u! They told my insurance it would take at least 2 months for my report!
Old 05-21-2013, 04:19 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

update got the police report since my dad insisted by going to the police station. got the other guy info and my car is released from towing company to the insurance company and now im wondering is it better if i hire a lawyer because of my hand injury which is affecting my concentration in college and inability to do as well as i would like to do on the final exam. the thing is i have a trrigonometry final tomorrow and im getting a person to write for me from my school but idk i feel like explaining someone to do math is very frustrating and im bound to make silly mistake so my question is should i hire a lawyer or just let insurance company do their thing?
Old 05-21-2013, 05:13 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
update got the police report since my dad insisted by going to the police station. got the other guy info and my car is released from towing company to the insurance company and now im wondering is it better if i hire a lawyer because of my hand injury which is affecting my concentration in college and inability to do as well as i would like to do on the final exam. the thing is i have a trrigonometry final tomorrow and im getting a person to write for me from my school but idk i feel like explaining someone to do math is very frustrating and im bound to make silly mistake so my question is should i hire a lawyer or just let insurance company do their thing?
Hiring a lawyer really makes ur life a lot easier! Only down side is that they take a percentage of ur settlement but I think it's worth it! I'm glad I did I didn't have to talk to any insurance company not mine or the other drivers!
Old 05-21-2013, 05:51 PM   #35
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Holy crap hire a Lawyer. If you let the insurance company do their thing you will not get full price for your car you will get as little as possible for your medical and absolutely nothing for pain and suffering.

GET A LAWYER!!!
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang