Back pressure - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-20-2013, 11:51 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Back pressure

My roush exhaust have this horrible lag now. I love that sound they have with the 22" resonators. So mellow. Almost magnaflow deep, yet loud.

Is it because of the chamber muffler, leak, or do I need a tuner/cai. It's kinda bugging me. When I need power to get out in traffic, I need it now, not midway through the turn out.
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2013, 12:21 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

stick a potato in your exhaust to regain that back pressure
I'm jking,
but I posted a long description of the concept of back pressure.
want me to copy it and paste it here?
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:44 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post
stick a potato in your exhaust to regain that back pressure
I'm jking,
but I posted a long description of the concept of back pressure.
want me to copy it and paste it here?
Yes

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
My roush exhaust have this horrible lag now. I love that sound they have with the 22" resonators. So mellow. Almost magnaflow deep, yet loud.

Is it because of the chamber muffler, leak, or do I need a tuner/cai. It's kinda bugging me. When I need power to get out in traffic, I need it now, not midway through the turn out.
The resonators will make enough back preasure to compensate for the free flowing style of roush mufflers
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2013, 01:19 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:

Maybe a relearning curve?
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:30 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Sounds to me like there's a leak in the system somewhere. My roush were fairly good with the throttle response.

How does it sound btw? I always felt like the roush with resonators would sounds SICK
powerwhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:13 AM   #6
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Not sure I understand this setup...you installed a set of Roush axlebacks, but then had to install resonators? Why resonators? I'm very well aware of how obnoxious loud the Roush are, so were the resonators installed to tone them down, or rid yourself of the drone they also produce?
Old 05-21-2013, 09:14 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwhee View Post
Sounds to me like there's a leak in the system somewhere. My roush were fairly good with the throttle response.

How does it sound btw? I always felt like the roush with resonators would sounds SICK
Like a very small blocked v8. Kinda like a high output v6 at above 3k. It's a lot mellower

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Not sure I understand this setup...you installed a set of Roush axlebacks, but then had to install resonators? Why resonators? I'm very well aware of how obknoxious loud the Roush are, so were the resonators installed to tone them down, or ride yourself of the drone they also produce?
The drone is just as loud. The resonators actually added drone in my situation. I like it. I added them to cut the rasp down of the v6 in general.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:23 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Like a very small blocked v8. Kinda like a high output v6 at above 3k. It's a lot mellower

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

The drone is just as loud. The resonators actually added drone in my situation. I like it. I added them to cut the rasp down of the v6 in general.
After hearing them I decided I might need some small ones...
Old 05-21-2013, 09:03 PM   #9
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I am soooo happy I could just puke.

After reading about a lot of the mufflers that are to loud, to obnoxious, don't fit without a lot of grief I'm glad I went for the Magnaflow streets.
They look great,
They fit perfect with no problems,
They sound perfect,
They don't need resonators,
They are stainless steel,
They have no drone,
They are way lighter then the stock mufflers,

My 3.7 V6 automatic runs and sounds perfect with the streets and the Airaid Cai. It has great crisp acceleration, sound and extremely good throttle response. I'm happy I made the correct choice on my Mod's.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:19 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I wanted that deep drone. Idk why people hate it lol

The resonators are for the headers and uncatted H pipe when time comes. The mags are deep but just not loud enough. Pypes are too loud yet the roush has enough muffler to do the job.

A tuner eliminates all of the lag. I drove alrefire's and I will highly recommend a tuner to anyone as their first mod
Old 05-21-2013, 09:30 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The resonators are for the headers and uncatted H pipe when time comes. The mags are deep but just not loud enough. Pypes are too loud yet the roush has enough muffler to do the job.

A tuner eliminates all of the lag. I drove alrefire's and I will highly recommend a tuner to anyone as their first mod
+10000
Old 05-21-2013, 09:42 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:

I'm installing my mag glass packs saturday, r the still loud? Please say yes. Lol.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:52 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post

I'm installing my mag glass packs saturday, r the still loud? Please say yes. Lol.
After 3k LOUD
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:44 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post

They are a deep loud. If that makes sense
Old 05-22-2013, 01:07 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

You should post up a vid of some revs and drive bys.

And the magnaflow streets are very wuiet
Old 05-22-2013, 07:23 AM   #16
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Yep the Mag streets sure are soundless

That is when inside of your Mustang just tooling around. They growl pretty loud when you floor it.
When outside of the car they sound great all of the time. My friend Shari lives four houses down from me and can hear my Mustang everytime I drive past her house. They sure sounded good to me when I let her drive my Mustang around the block. A just plain nice deep sound that brings back memories of the good old days. With no drone you just don't hear them while driving normal unless you tune your ears to listen to the sound. They sure wake you up when you floor it though.
I guess I'm just getting old and can not stand the obnoxious drone and tinny vibrating sounds like you young whipper snappers.

Yep, I'm sure hapy with My Magnaflow Streets

Ronnie
Old 05-22-2013, 08:11 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
That is when inside of your Mustang just tooling around. They growl pretty loud when you floor it.
When outside of the car they sound great all of the time. My friend Shari lives four houses down from me and can hear my Mustang everytime I drive past her house. They sure sounded good to me when I let her drive my Mustang around the block. A just plain nice deep sound that brings back memories of the good old days. With no drone you just don't hear them while driving normal unless you tune your ears to listen to the sound. They sure wake you up when you floor it though.
I guess I'm just getting old and can not stand the obnoxious drone and tinny vibrating sounds like you young whipper snappers.

Yep, I'm sure hapy with My Magnaflow Streets

Ronnie
My mom hears me way before I enter the neighborhood.
O/r h pipe ftw!!!!
Old 05-22-2013, 09:01 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

It's kinda cool how the roush sound stock from 700-1500 and you cruelly hear them at 2000 inside the car. It's magnaflow quiet, maybe because magnaflow resonators lol
Old 05-22-2013, 12:21 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

I've had the magnaflow street series and many people said my car sounded like a stock g37 if you have ever heard one of those.

They are not a bad muffler. Just very mellow. To mellow for my tastes. I have my Borla s types now and they are perfect in sound and refinement. The Borlas have even less drone and vibrations in the cabin than the magnaflows.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:33 PM   #20
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Duh ?????????????????????????????????????

Quote:
The Borlas have even less drone and vibrations in the cabin than the magnaflows.
What could be less then no drone at all??????????? Plus Absolutley NO vibration at all.
Please explain. I'm talking Magnaflow streets and Not Magnaflow Comps.

All of these different brands sound different. You just need to buy the one's you like. Me , I like my Magnaflow streets.

Ronnie
Old 05-25-2013, 04:35 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Add another resonator
clamphier is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang