so i just bought my v6 3 days ago and here comes the upgrades help me out - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-26-2013, 12:53 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
so i just bought my v6 3 days ago and here comes the upgrades help me out

so i just bought my baby and i ordered a cai, a shorty antenna, tinted windows, and im lloking to make it look nicer maybe change the grill out and i wanted to add fog lights does anyone know the cheapest kit i can get
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	stang.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	110415  
Rahbarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2013, 03:34 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahbarin View Post
so i just bought my baby and i ordered a cai, a shorty antenna, tinted windows, and im lloking to make it look nicer maybe change the grill out and i wanted to add fog lights does anyone know the cheapest kit i can get
They cheapest is get the grill and fogs off craigslist and get the wire harness and switch online from starkey I believe
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:07 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post
They cheapest is get the grill and fogs off craigslist and get the wire harness and switch online from starkey I believe
Ya I was thinking that I found the fog like kit from them for 400 with everything it even comes with the new switch do you know if it just pop out the old switch and plug the new one in and they would work
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2013, 12:59 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ya I was thinking that I found the fog like kit from them for 400 with everything it even comes with the new switch do you know if it just pop out the old switch and plug the new one in and they would work
Yea u take a flat head to the old switch and the whole switch assembly comes off and its plug n play
Old 05-26-2013, 11:19 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post
Yea u take a flat head to the old switch and the whole switch assembly comes off and its plug n play
ok and the wiring needed for the fog lights is already their right
Old 05-27-2013, 12:09 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

ok and the wiring needed for the fog lights is already their right
No the kit you buy has the switch and wire harness
Old 05-27-2013, 04:01 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I would wait till you get a few thousand miles before you start tinkering with it have passed 4500 miles & the mpg have just started to improve I haven't even changed the oil ! when I get 6000 before I do my first change I still am not happy with no dip stick or gas filter ? I like the car its fast & handles good but why do away with the dip stick ? the new filter says change oil at 10,000 that seems a little extreme only time will tell if they hold up like the older models its very fast for a 6 cyl I'm going to get that extended warranty just in case .........
jon paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:44 AM   #8
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Why wait

I ordered my Magnaflow streets the same night I bought my Mustang. AM was sold out so I wanted them now so I got them from Amazon and had them two days later and put them on. Then me and my dog Mario headed up to Media Pa. for the American Muscle all Mustang show. That was my first mod and it was a good one.
I was happy the very first time I started the car with my new mufflers. The sound was 100% better then the standard V6 mufflers and much lighter.

I can see no reason to wait to change mufflers. They may not be under the Ford warranty but the rest of the car still is.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:55 AM   #9
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Hey Jon paris

What do you mean NO DIPSTICK ???

My 2012 has a dip stick to check the oil. I have not heard that ford removed it for 2013. I'm pretty sure you have one on your Mustang.

I did buy the extended warranty and I still did some mods to get my Mustang My way. The only mod I won't do is a tune because I don't feel I need it with the way I use my car. If I was going back to tracking or auto X-ing I would definitely do a tuner.

Ronnie
Old 05-29-2013, 09:43 PM   #10

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
What do you mean NO DIPSTICK ???

My 2012 has a dip stick to check the oil. I have not heard that ford removed it for 2013. I'm pretty sure you have one on your Mustang.

I did buy the extended warranty and I still did some mods to get my Mustang My way. The only mod I won't do is a tune because I don't feel I need it with the way I use my car. If I was going back to tracking or auto X-ing I would definitely do a tuner.

Ronnie
Most of the new transmissions ford make don't come with dipsticks. They have a bolt head of top of the trans that is a dipstick. You gotta get under the car to check it.
SamSquanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:51 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Why do you need a trans dipstick anyways? How often do you really look at your trans fluid?
clamphier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:55 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamphier View Post
Why do you need a trans dipstick anyways? How often do you really look at your trans fluid?
It does have a dip stick. Check on the botton its a bolt to the right side that u take off and its the dipstick itself. Its nifty. I figured that out doing my tranny flush redline synthetic my baby shifts smooooooooooth
Old 05-30-2013, 12:03 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Well I knew that its not a dipstick though its weird and I just fill it till it starts coming out haha
Old 05-30-2013, 12:09 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well I knew that its not a dipstick though its weird and I just fill it till it starts coming out haha
Hahaha thats what we did :p we removed the pan and then refilled it. Then ran the machine to move the fluid around and did it again.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:20 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

That's what I do every time, did you run the car at all between when you did it?
Old 05-30-2013, 12:30 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's what I do every time, did you run the car at all between when you did it?
Yes the machine for tranny flushes runs through the gears while it sucks in the oil and pushes in the new so it cycles it
Old 05-30-2013, 12:39 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

That's sweet I've never had that luxury lol
Old 05-30-2013, 07:09 AM   #18
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I thought the OP was talking about a engine dipstick

I was gonna say, If they took the dipstick off of the engine that would really be a stupid mistake on fords part.

They took dipsticks off of transmissions a long time ago. Not having a dipstick on the transmission was probably a smart move because most people did not know how to check the fluid anyway. They would usually overfill the tranny and blow the seals.

Ronnie

Correction:Not OP but Jon Paris
Old 05-30-2013, 10:32 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
I was gonna say, If they took the dipstick off of the engine that would really be a stupid mistake on fords part.

They took dipsticks off of transmissions a long time ago. Not having a dipstick on the transmission was probably a smart move because most people did not know how to check the fluid anyway. They would usually overfill the tranny and blow the seals.

Ronnie

Correction:Not OP but Jon Paris
^+1 that was actually part of the reason. People would check the trans without it running and see that the level wasn't even on the dipstick. Plus most people would have to bring their car to the dealership to get it checked so that was more money for ford.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:43 AM   #20
Admin

Supporter
Admin

It also amazes me that folks never do any maintenance on an automatic transmissions oil. Ford does not help in stating it has "lifetime" fluid. No such thing! I flush mine every 30K.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:13 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
It also amazes me that folks never do any maintenance on an automatic transmissions oil. Ford does not help in stating it has "lifetime" fluid. No such thing! I flush mine every 30K.
Ya fords new transmissions are sealed and I believe they say you don't have to flush them till 100k but they also say you don't have to do an oil change till 10k and when I saw that I said screw that. 5k for me.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:39 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSquanch View Post

Ya fords new transmissions are sealed and I believe they say you don't have to flush them till 100k but they also say you don't have to do an oil change till 10k and when I saw that I said screw that. 5k for me.
Its not sealed just a normal pan and the gasket is a reusable gasket it says it on the oil pan itself :p and the usual maintenance schedule for almost all cars is like either 30k or 60k I do mine 30k

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang