I regret not getting packages added can I get them added - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-26-2013, 01:33 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I regret not getting packages added can I get them added

Does anyone know if I get can a package added to my car from the dealership or maybe something in ocean county in New Jersey I want the pony package or something like that with fog lights and everything
Rahbarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2013, 08:04 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
The great thing about these cars is that you can mod them to exactly what you want with numerous outlets for not to much on the pocket. Start with American Muscle website. You can do way more than just a pony package. You can give your baby a GT500 look if you want while boosting it's performance in many different ways. I suggest navigating this forum to find ways to personalize your baby to what you actually want
Tyriqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:07 AM   #3
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
I really would think ""NOT""

You can probably get a lot of things you want from your Ford dealer but you will need a whole lot of $$$$$$.

You have the Mustang so I think your best bet is to go through the American Muscle catalog and look on E-Bay and other vendors to see what you would like to have to get the car "Your way".

If you decide on getting stripes and don't want to put them on your self just find a good Window tint installer that can do it for you. Most things you can install your self such as Mufflers and Cold air intakes.

The great thing about a Mustang is that there are a whole lot of aftermarket as well as Ford Racing parts you can buy to get it the way you want it.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2013, 08:41 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahbarin View Post
Does anyone know if I get can a package added to my car from the dealership or maybe something in ocean county in New Jersey I want the pony package or something like that with fog lights and everything
Yeah dude I feel you, I started feeling the same way about my car. I wanted the 19" brembo wheels and went to the dealership and they wanted $3900.... wtf! the package was only $2000 and had other stuff...

Just AM your car. screw fords pricing.
RocknCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:32 AM   #5
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Ronnies on the right track. I wanted the GT front with the center grill fogs, so I bought the pieces (used) off of ebay. It's very easy to change out these parts, and your labor should be cheap! Plus, you get to learn about your car. To me, half the fun of owning it is working on it yourself. Doing your own work, posting about it, and the pride of doing it yourself can really be rewarding.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:52 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Don't worry about factory packages. Trying to duplicate one will cost you thousands and have little or no resale value. Instead, just pick out some rims and a grill you want, then add foglights. All they are is cosmetic packages anyway.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:28 AM   #7
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
Don't worry about factory packages. Trying to duplicate one will cost you thousands and have little or no resale value. Instead, just pick out some rims and a grill you want, then add foglights. All they are is cosmetic packages anyway.
Thousands???? Where are you buying your parts at???

I converted to a GT front end for under $300.00 and got the foglights right where I wanted them; in the upper grill, using factory parts that fit.

Check ebay, check your local boneyards, and check the classifieds in these forums.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:42 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Thousands???? Where are you buying your parts at???

I converted to a GT front end for under $300.00 and got the foglights right where I wanted them; in the upper grill, using factory parts that fit.

Check ebay, check your local boneyards, and check the classifieds in these forums.
I believe he was referring to factory packages being added on, not aftermarket.
rmlong06 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang