2013 Jack Placement in Trunk? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-27-2013, 03:43 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Question 2013 Jack Placement in Trunk?

Hey guys,

So when I had my "little accident" I pulled out the spare and jack as one of the tires was blown and I didn't know if there was any other damage (at the time... It ended up being all rear end issues)

Any ways, I remembered that I never put the jack back in the trunk, but I can't remember how it all went together. I looked in the manual but it doesn't show detailed enough pictures to see how it all went.

Anyone have pictures (or willing to take a couple pictures) or any other resources to help me out?
The worst thing is when you don't get it back in right and it knocks around in the trunk

Thanks

"These cars are meant to be driven", so enjoy the hell out of all of it - not just the look of it when it is all clean" - Carroll Shelby
kdbdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2013, 04:44 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I had a similar problem when I had a flat tire. No matter how I tried , I couldn't get the (cardboard) panel to lay flat. My dealer is pretty cool, so I asked them if I could look at a few units on the lot. I had everything together ok, it just fits crappy, lol, even on the unmolested new cars on the lot. I have a rubber mat that I've used in the last several cars I've owned I guess I just never noticed it before.... Hope this helps
graystone2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:05 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Mine came with an page of pictures. And it's on the breaker bar. Which btw I broke. So I have no jack (broke) or bar. Just the tire. I filed down the screw thing to make it flat. It ha a hole for it but just doesn't fit right.

Where can I get a good scissor jack to fit lol
Ford wants 270 or so for the kit and $80 for the jack on eBay.
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2013, 05:17 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Mine came with the air inflator thingie.. I am going to take a road trip soon and need a spare and jack... Ugh
jessesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:09 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I found a post on youtube about jacking up one, and looked at where they were removing the jack.
The video showed a little bar, "washer" and nut (similar to the one on top of the tire when in place) but I can't find that for the life of me.

Wonder if I can purchase a new one... I have no idea what it would be called to be able to try and find one online.

"These cars are meant to be driven", so enjoy the hell out of all of it - not just the look of it when it is all clean" - Carroll Shelby
Old 05-27-2013, 11:12 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbdallas View Post
I found a post on youtube about jacking up one, and looked at where they were removing the jack.
The video showed a little bar, "washer" and nut (similar to the one on top of the tire when in place) but I can't find that for the life of me.

Wonder if I can purchase a new one... I have no idea what it would be called to be able to try and find one online.
I think home depot sells something like it. My dads an electrical contractor and practically lives there. It's a c hook with a thread
Old 05-28-2013, 01:30 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessesse View Post
Mine came with the air inflator thingie.. I am going to take a road trip soon and need a spare and jack... Ugh
Just buy a AAA membership.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:28 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Cool Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
Just buy a AAA membership.
This is the best solution. I have been a member many years!
Old 05-28-2013, 07:23 AM   #9
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
If you don't have a spare tire AAA can't help

AAA will change a tire for you but if you do not have a spare you will have to be put on a flat bed. SO if you have a flat and do not have a spare and the inflater won't seal the air leak, When you call AAA just tell them you need a flat bed to tow you away to where you want to be.

Of course if the flat is on the front a regular towtruck will probably be OK but you may get some front end scraping from the towbar sliding under your now lower car.

I always carry "SLIME" with me because it works great and will not destroy the sensors.

The stuff Ford gives you will destroy a sensor.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:32 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Try getting that tire patched after you slime it.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:31 AM   #11
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I alredy got one patched

No problem at all, The slime washes out with just plain water. I had a flat on my Mini and had to use Fix-A-Flat and learned the $$$$ hard way that the stuff ruined my sensor and turned into a hard pancake that I Finley scrapped off.

I had a flat again but was informed on the Mini Forum about the slime. I used it and drove the Boulevard tire and they just rinsed the tire out and put a plug patch on it. from the inside.The guy just blew out the water with an air hose and let the tire sit in the sun until it dried out. The sensor was fine, The patch was still on that tire when I traded for my Mustang. And that is why I carry plenty of slime.

This is what Fix-A-Flat turns into

Ronnie

PS: What type of drag bike do you have?
Old 05-28-2013, 09:34 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
No problem at all, The slime washes out with just plain water. I had a flat on my Mini and had to use Fix-A-Flat and learned the $$$$ hard way that the stuff ruined my sensor and turned into a hard pancake that I Finley scrapped off.

I had a flat again but was informed on the Mini Forum about the slime. I used it and drove the Boulevard tire and they just rinsed the tire out and put a plug patch on it. from the inside.The guy just blew out the water with an air hose and let the tire sit in the sun until it dried out. The sensor was fine, The patch was still on that tire when I traded for my Mustang. And that is why I carry plenty of slime.

This is what Fix-A-Flat turns into

Ronnie

PS: What type of drag bike do you have?
I have an old 75 xlch Harley, I've been .25 off the record for a stock bike the last ten yrs. Now I weigh 210# so I'm never gonna see the record. Hopefully I can put my son on it in a year or so. The bike has a new top & bottom end waiting to go. I only road it enough to seat the rings.
Old 05-28-2013, 12:31 PM   #13
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Ain't nothing like a Harley Davidson motorcycle

I love Harley's I sold Harley parts for twenty seven years here in Daytona, ( Millers Custom Parts) I have been across the country three times and down through Mexico as well as across Canada on a 1985 Harley dresser. I put 240,000 miles on that bike without a breakdown at all. I never made a ton of Money but I sure had a lot of time off to use my bike with the job I had.

Back to the subject, Has anyone had to use the Ford pump in the trunk yet?

Ronnie
Old 05-28-2013, 01:26 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I woke up one morning and had a flat. It was a nail of course. Anyways that's when I figured out this car has no spare! I read that the fix-a-flat can attached is not good and ruins the TPS sensors like Ronnie said.
There is a switch on the side if it to use the fix-a-flat can, or just plain air. I aired up the tire no problem with the inflator and plain air alone, but I could hear air leaking back out. I just drove probably 1/4 mile and pulled over again and put more air in to be safe. Luckily a tire shop was real close and they patched it right up.
Thanks for the slime recommendation.
jessesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:35 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
Try getting that tire patched after you slime it.
Yea I have been told by mechanics not to use fix a flat (if possible) as it is pain (therefore expensive) to get out and can sometimes ruin the tire...
(Thats what I was told, so take it as it is... maybe he was just trying to sell me a new tire)

Old 05-28-2013, 03:01 PM   #16
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

No, He was right

The Fix-A-Flat turns real hard and does ruin the tire unless you can wait a month or two to have it patched. The Fix-A-Flat I got out of my tire was because the tire sat in my garage about a month before it got hard enough to peel out. It totally ruined my $100 sensor. (BMW Mini) and a $350.00 run flat tire. I replaced all four tires with Michelin non run flats and bought the slime kit with their air pump as well as a couple cans of aerosol slime. I do not leave home without it now. I would just buy a spare for my Mustang but I don't think the 18 inch wheels with the P-Zero fat tires will fit in the indentation in the trunk. Does anybody know????? Not guess but really know if it will fit with no problems.

Your tire guy was correct and not just trying to sell you a tire. The Fix-A-Flat works great but at a cost.

Ronnie
Old 05-28-2013, 03:07 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
Mine came with an page of pictures. And it's on the breaker bar. Which btw I broke. So I have no jack (broke) or bar. Just the tire. I filed down the screw thing to make it flat. It ha a hole for it but just doesn't fit right.

Where can I get a good scissor jack to fit lol
Ford wants 270 or so for the kit and $80 for the jack on eBay.
Haha how did you break it? :p
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:29 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessesse View Post
I wish I had a spare!
Going for a drive a car turning right decided to send its brake shoe straight through my passenger rear wheel. Tire shredded!
Called every tire place in the area to see if they had one so I old bring in the rim. (a buddy had a jack etc) No tires available so had to get the car on a flat bed. No way was I leaving it where it was over night.
I work crappy hours so had to get a rental.... a Dodge Avenger. Piece of crap!
Triple A are good & yes everyone should have them. But a spare tire is a must.
Yankytyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:48 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post

Haha how did you break it? :p
Incorrect use of jack points.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:54 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Incorrect use of jack points.
I mean the bar
Old 05-28-2013, 08:43 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post

I mean the bar
Me and you. I can't even get it on my lugs. Gonna buy the one off AM for $29.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:02 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Me and you. I can't even get it on my lugs. Gonna buy the one off AM for $29.
It's fine :p
A bar for a freaking scary experience!!!!
Lol
I've been dying to go hard on my car. I just can't do it ATM... :p
Should be able to tomorrow!!!!!
So exited!!!!!!!
Old 05-29-2013, 04:24 AM   #23
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
I love Harley's I sold Harley parts for twenty seven years here in Daytona, ( Millers Custom Parts) I have been across the country three times and down through Mexico as well as across Canada on a 1985 Harley dresser. I put 240,000 miles on that bike without a breakdown at all. I never made a ton of Money but I sure had a lot of time off to use my bike with the job I had.

Back to the subject, Has anyone had to use the Ford pump in the trunk yet?

Ronnie
Now I know where I remember you from! Did you work the counter on the first floor of Millers, to the right as you entered the door? The nuts, bolts, and such section? I came in there a lot many years ago when I rode. Sold the bike 3 years ago.
I brought my son in there once to buy a few fastners. My 7 year old son was moving the ball chain that had a pen attached to it on the glass countertop. If you were the one working that section, you yelled at him to quit playing with the pen. I promptly walked upstairs and talked to the owner (looked like Richard Petty) who worked at the exhaust area. He said you were a "gruff old man", and apologized for you. Gave my son a toy motorcycle as his way of apologizing. My son has moved away, got married.

I knew you were familiar when we met at Daytona; I just couldn't place it!
Old 05-29-2013, 07:17 AM   #24
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I did work there (27 years)

It was probably Billy that would have yelled at your son. I like kids and they could do no wrong as far as I was concerned. Billy worked the nut & bolt section. I was always in the sticker & lock section. During the week I did all of the shipping stuff out. I had nothing at all on top of my counters because I needed the room.

Billy was a PITA and a lot of people did not like him at all. He was either hot or cold to the customers. I never knew why George kept him around. He passed away about a month ago.

Kids would usually hang around my counter to look at the stickers and I never ever would yell at them unless they were running in the store. I would just tell them to stop running because if they fell into a glass counter it would be really bad. The parent would always back me up on that.

Yep, I was there twenty seven years and never missed a day or was late. I loved that job, The customers, all of the people I worked with except Billy and Nerd when he worked there.

When you came in the front door and turned right to face the nut and bolt counter my place was the one on the left with the stickers. I usually gave a kid one of our Millers Custom Parts stickers if they hung around my counter while the person or people did there business. I had to go on disability in 2000 due to stage 5 COPD. They gave me 6 months to a year but I did my medicine and changed my lifestyle and I'm still here.

Ronnie

PS: You did look like I once met you, I was going to ask you the next time I seen you. Try to make the next DMC meeting on June 4th.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:36 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
I carry a stop and go tire plug kit. The tool in it inserts into nail size holes and shoots a mushroom plug into the tire. Used several times on other cars. Held the life of the tire. I've used them on motorcycle tires as well but only to get me home. One loosened and I lost pressure a week later.
jomcgui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 04:32 AM   #26
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomcgui View Post
I carry a stop and go tire plug kit. The tool in it inserts into nail size holes and shoots a mushroom plug into the tire. Used several times on other cars. Held the life of the tire. I've used them on motorcycle tires as well but only to get me home. One loosened and I lost pressure a week later.
These are highly NOT recommended for tire repair, as they seperate the belts within the tire.

Toss them. Not even good for a temporary repair. Belt seperation can lead to the tires we see on the highway shreaded.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang