110 leaded race gas? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-27-2013, 06:40 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
110 leaded race gas?

Anyone know if we can safely run 110 leaded gas in the 2012 mustang 3.7 ?
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2013, 07:08 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
No .... You need unleaded race gas
Old 05-28-2013, 12:23 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeltx View Post
Anyone know if we can safely run 110 leaded gas in the 2012 mustang 3.7 ?
You technically could but it would burn ur O2 sensors and Catts and you better have a dyno tune for that!! Easiest way to do it is just get a 93octane tune from bamma or whoever and add the appropriate amiunt of Torko Accelerator to the 93 and make it 97 thats the safest the timing can adjust itself for before it messes things up. And it will be unleaded gas so no worries about ur cats and o2 sensors
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2013, 05:24 AM   #4
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Leaded gasoline will ruin the O2 sensors, and long term use will clog the catalitic converters.

I would not run it. I see no advatage to the octane boost for the cost of the fuel.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:12 AM   #5
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Where in the world would you even find 110 leaded gas????

I know you can get leaded gas in some places delivered to a farm for use in the old farm equipment but it is not 110 octane.

I sure would like to know where to get any leaded gas other then that. Even the gas Nascar uses at the speedway here in Daytona only has unleaded 10% ethanol gas.

You can get non ethanol gas at some marina's but it is not leaded.

?????????????????????????????????//???????????????????????

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:39 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
The gas station by my dragstrip has 110 or 107 leaded gas, can't remember which. You can also get it at airports, I run it in my dragbike.

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

I wouldn't put it in a late model car tho.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:21 AM   #7
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I did not think of an airport

I have seen guy's selling five gallon cans of leaded high octane gas at some events but I never really trusted what they say they were selling. $50 or $60 dollars for five gallons of gas is out of my comprehension. I guess not bad when you include the gas can.

I have not been to a drag strip lately and I probably would not even think of looking what gas they sold. I have been to Daytona Speedway and know they only sell unleaded 10% ethanol Sunoco there. I'm thinking it was 110 octane Jack put in his Porsche.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:47 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
I have seen guy's selling five gallon cans of leaded high octane gas at some events but I never really trusted what they say they were selling. $50 or $60 dollars for five gallons of gas is out of my comprehension. I guess not bad when you include the gas can.

I have not been to a drag strip lately and I probably would not even think of looking what gas they sold. I have been to Daytona Speedway and know they only sell unleaded 10% ethanol Sunoco there. I'm thinking it was 110 octane Jack put in his Porsche.

Ronnie
Try buying a can of klotz racing fuel. The shipping alone is $40 now, thanks to home land security. $50 at the track is a good deal if its klotz or vp racing fuel. I normally go to the air port and pay $8.xx a gallon.

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

My buddy runs nitro at $70 a gallon, unless he buys a barrel at $1500.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:22 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

There is a Sunoco not far from here that sells 110 leaded, that's mostly why I'm asking. I think it was 8.35 a gal...

On the other hand, the track had the pumps on for the first time in a while just the other day. I know they were just cleaning the tanks since there was a change in ownership. I want to say they had 110 and 97 unleaded...
Old 05-29-2013, 01:16 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

You can get 110 leaded at most GA airports (usually cheaper than that too) - that's what goes into my plane. As was mentioned though, leaded = bad for cars with cats and O2 sensors.
SpaceFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:19 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
unless the car has a tune to utilize that octane its 100% worthless
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang