Bama Tune and Airraid CAI - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-07-2013, 10:54 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
If you think it runs good now, Just wait until you change the Mufflers to let that engine breath better. It will SCREAM.

Any Mufflers you decide will be better then the stock Ford one's. Go to the Borla web site and listen to the video's of their different one's before you make your purchase. They all put out the same great performance but they all have a different sound level. It depends if you want to listen to your radio or if you just want a headache.

I personally like the sound of my Magnaflow streets due to the nice deep rumble and lower sound level they put out. It is a personal choice of what you your self likes. Go to some car shows and listen to some different Mustangs that have put on aftermarket mufflers. Don't listen to a GT and think your 3.7 will sound as good with that particular muffler. Listen to a 3.7 V6 if you can find one. The closest I have found to a V8 sound is the Magnaflow streets but still not exactly like it. Just close.

Link to Borla compare site>>

Watch the Video

Ronnie
Thanks Ronnie, I will check them out.
Exhaust is my next mod..so I can expect to see a gains from just mufflers? That is awesome..lol.
sarge450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2013, 12:09 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
What do you guys think is the best CAI? I'm looking to get one. And I want the best bang for my buck... Thanks
B3Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:22 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3Mustang View Post
What do you guys think is the best CAI? I'm looking to get one. And I want the best bang for my buck... Thanks

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

Quote:
No offense on the popcorn comment it's just this ? has been asked a million times & always results in the same answers. Someone is gonna say steeda because it needs a time, someone else is gonna say they all work the same (which is what I would say) & someone is gonna say the stock air box flows great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2013, 12:57 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

No offense on the popcorn comment it's just this ? has been asked a million times & always results in the same answers. Someone is gonna say steeda because it needs a time, someone else is gonna say they all work the same (which is what I would say) & someone is gonna say the stock air box flows great!
Lol your right dumb question. I'm just going to look around for other post. Thanks for catching that early.
B3Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:48 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol your right dumb question. I'm just going to look around for other post. Thanks for catching that early.
Not a dumb question just a repeat x100!! Haha. Plus I could already see everyone's response! Yea just look up info on other post, u'll find the info ur looking! Np!
Old 06-08-2013, 09:46 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang

Not a dumb question just a repeat x100!! Haha. Plus I could already see everyone's response! Yea just look up info on other post, u'll find the info ur looking! Np!
+ 1
Old 06-08-2013, 10:36 AM   #42
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
It has to be the AIRAID

Because that is what I have !!!! Ha! Ha! Ha!.

Quote:
it's just this ? has been asked a million times & always results in the same answers. Someone is gonna say steeda because it needs a tune, someone else is gonna say they all work the same (which is what I would say) & someone is gonna say the stock air box flows great!
All of them that do not require a tune work about the same. Some have just a tad better quality and look a lot nicer then others.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:55 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge450 View Post
My first performance mod to my car, I have been running the 93 octane race tune and it has really made a difference in throttle response. Tried the 93 performance tune also, about the same as the race tune but the race tune seems just slightly better for what I am after. Was a little concerned that it would kill my gas mileage but so far it really hasn't. Saving for exhaust now...lol

what do you think about a bbk throttle body
Rahbarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:31 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
If you have fi it will help but other than that I would say not very noticeable
clamphier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:24 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I can't wait to get my tune and CAI, just reading this gets me excited, but I have to wait for my warranty to end. I am hearing too much mixed news about dealers and warranties????

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

Oh and off topic I was told that 2014 V6 drive shafts are one piece by the dealer.
ricketkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:53 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

You can get an intake just not a tune
clamphier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:37 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Found this over on allfordmustangs as I was going to ask this question but resorted to google first. I did not run this dyno test, just throwing that out there.

Steeda vs Airaid vs JLT - which cold air is best?? Look here - Ford Mustang Forums

No, this is not a "STEEDA is the best" thread. So read on for some really good info!

A few months ago there was a similar thread which I believe got deleted cause I could not find it anymore. I was skeptical and questioned the results of that thread, as it showed one of the intakes with tuning to make less power in the midrange than a stock car which is not true, it also showed one of the intakes making a ton of low end power over the others which was also incorrect.

We knew from our own data for this to be incorrect. Our argument was that these intakes are all close and you really can't go wrong with any one of them. But for the data to be valid for presentation we needed to do pulls on the same car, same day, same dyno. Our data at the time was scattered and not from the same cars, days, etc. Only from the same dyno.

So a few weeks ago we finally got the intakes together for our own shootout, same car, same day, same dyno, etc......

The tunes for this test were setup so timing and fuel were completely stable & consistent, so the differences between just the cold air systems themselves would be revealed. We did not have a stock intake for this car to test, so we baselined the Steeda system with tuning, then swapped each intake, modified the tune to accomodate each intake and made another pull.

So did our shootout back up what we were saying all along???

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image.

Report this image

Yes, it did. As you can see, you really can't go wrong with any of these intake systems. They all make comparable levels of horsepower and torque across the entire RPM range.

As we had argued in the past, due to its size the JLT trades off a little bit of low end torque, however to the average user this difference would not be perceptible. Any of these intakes given the same tuning will essentially feel and perform about the same. I am sure some of the JLT's torque loss down low could be minimized with further tuning, but that was not the intent for this test and would have skewed the results. We wanted to show what the intakes themselves will do compared to each other.

So the conclusion? Choose your cold air intake based on your personal preference, because from a performance standpoint, you will not be disappointed by any of the ones in this thread.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
cai