Paint chip - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-28-2013, 04:56 PM   #1

Region: Ohio
Paint chip

I have a bibi-sized paint chip on my door. I have purchased the touch up paint from ford, and was wondering what would be the best way to do this. Any suggestions? Thanks
MRivera is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2013, 06:34 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRivera View Post
I have a bibi-sized paint chip on my door. I have purchased the touch up paint from ford, and was wondering what would be the best way to do this. Any suggestions? Thanks
I'm curious also.
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:36 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRivera View Post
I'm curious also from another point of view.

I was told if it happened was to get a primer then just use the touch up. Since the touch up tends to flake? Idk.
silvrbullet2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2013, 04:33 AM   #4
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
I've read on other forums of the folks that have used that touch up paint process they advertise on TV; they dab, smear, and the chip disappears. They say it works great; no complaints. I'd try that over the touch up paint first.

This:

http://www.drcolorchip.com/

And here's an youtube vid on how it works:

Old 05-29-2013, 08:18 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
I've read on other forums of the folks that have used that touch up paint process they advertise on TV; they dab, smear, and the chip disappears. They say it works great; no complaints. I'd try that over the touch up paint first.

This:

Dr.ColorChip Custom Automotive Touch-Up Paint Kit - Dr. ColorChip: Automotive Paint Chip Repair Systems

And here's an youtube vid on how it works:

Dr colorchip really works. The only complaint some people have is it wearing off after a year or so but not bad. But keep in mind if its real deep Dr colorchip will not work , its for minor surface scratches
Old 05-29-2013, 08:48 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Use a paper match as a brush to apply the paint, works better than an actual brush, because it doesn't over apply the paint.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:16 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
If you do over apply, do not attempt to wet sand it down like the YouTube videos. Our paint isn't on there very thick you will end up wearing the paint around the touch up spot creating a half moon spot. I learned the hard way and had to hit it with touch up again several times. Wish I would have just left it alone.
I have heard good things about Langka. Google it or go here.. http://www.langka.com/

If I were to do it over I would try this.
jessesse is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang