so... i keep getting flashed... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-03-2013, 01:16 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
so... i keep getting flashed...

at night and i don't know why. I don't have the brights on. My headlights are leveled. If you see my profile pic that's what they see. I haven't done anything to my headlights they are the stock HID lights. Any help? lol.
AmericanBulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2013, 01:42 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Stay away from baby a**holes. Lol.

Let them see your brights when they bright light you :p. i get bright lighted when i cut my fogs on.
Best to just ignore idiots, if theyre stock and no one else has complained about it being to bright must just be stupid people.
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:50 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
guess it depends on where you are...i run non oem hids in both heads and fogs and have never been flashed...i just would drive on and enjoy the cruise...you'll be past them after a few seconds.

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2013, 08:01 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

i'll definitely do that lol. Thanks.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:08 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
I get flashed sometimes. Some people just flash because they're idiots and don't like the HIDs. Blind them with your highs and they'll get the message. I've had people with really crappy headlights flash me and I don't even bother. They don't even look like high beams, lol.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:17 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
I get flashed sometimes. Some people just flash because they're idiots and don't like the HIDs. Blind them with your highs and they'll get the message. I've had people with really crappy headlights flash me and I don't even bother. They don't even look like high beams, lol.
It happens to me all the time!
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:24 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I can tell by your profile pic those are not OEM HID's. They are just regular halogen style lights with HID bilbs. I have that setup on my SUV and get constantly flashed always. My mustang has true OEM HID's that are in a projector style housing. There is 0 glare and they are less annoying than even regular halogen. I can guarantee nobody can take photos like these of HID's in a non projector style light. There is no glare whatsoever

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
It happens to me all the time!
BUT YOU HAVE OEM HID!!!!! LOL wtf? nevermind, i guess people in your areas want everybody driving with god damn candles at night.
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:26 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanBulldog View Post
at night and i don't know why. I don't have the brights on. My headlights are leveled. If you see my profile pic that's what they see. I haven't done anything to my headlights they are the stock HID lights. Any help? lol.
Me 2. OEM lights also.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:08 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I have stock fogs in the GT grille and sylvania silver star ultras. I get flashed more because of my fogs than anything.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:39 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Maybe you should look into buying those smoked raxiom tail lights from american muscle? They look pretty awesome and would cut down the light a little bit.
jessesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:04 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig View Post
I can tell by your profile pic those are not OEM HID's. They are just regular halogen style lights with HID bilbs. I have that setup on my SUV and get constantly flashed always. My mustang has true OEM HID's that are in a projector style housing. There is 0 glare and they are less annoying than even regular halogen. I can guarantee nobody can take photos like these of HID's in a non projector style light. There is no glare whatsoever

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

BUT YOU HAVE OEM HID!!!!! LOL wtf? nevermind, i guess people in your areas want everybody driving with god damn candles at night.
ummm...

well these are my headlights lol.

Old 06-03-2013, 11:18 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessesse View Post
Maybe you should look into buying those smoked raxiom tail lights from american muscle? They look pretty awesome and would cut down the light a little bit.
False. The headlights AM sells have a "smoked" (glossy black) housing with a clear lens. I own a pair of their smoked CCFL halo headlights and fog lights.
Rice Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:25 PM   #13
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice Eater View Post

False. The headlights AM sells have a "smoked" (glossy black) housing with a clear lens. I own a pair of their smoked CCFL halo headlights and fog lights.
The Dark Smoked OEM style headlights are black housing with a smoked lense. Those are what I have.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:30 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
The Dark Smoked OEM style headlights are black housing with a smoked lense. Those are what I have.
Ah, I didn't know they carried a smoked lens variant. I see there's a smoked lens one for the 05-09s now too. Don't think there's one for the 10s.
Rice Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:04 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Lol I thought I was losing my mind when it happens, cause I would be sitting at the light and suddenly someone flashes me. But then I think to myself "did that mf'er just flash me or did I catch their lights at a bad angle" but then im like naw I'm just being paranoid that people notice my car and try to give me *****...
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:59 PM   #16
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
I was on my way to Tampa one morning during a heavy fog. Had the center fog lights on (GT grill). A police officer pulled me over to question the position of the fog lights. Based on the replys of this post, it now has me thinking the police officer thought my bright lights were on.
I had to show her the fog light positions were stock by showing her the owners manual!

She agreed and sent me on my way.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang