so... i keep getting flashed... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-03-2013, 01:16 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
AmericanBulldog's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Phoenix
Region: Arizona
Posts: 242
so... i keep getting flashed...

at night and i don't know why. I don't have the brights on. My headlights are leveled. If you see my profile pic that's what they see. I haven't done anything to my headlights they are the stock HID lights. Any help? lol.
AmericanBulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-03-2013, 01:42 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
MidnightBlueGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 3,887
Stay away from baby a**holes. Lol.

Let them see your brights when they bright light you :p. i get bright lighted when i cut my fogs on.
Best to just ignore idiots, if theyre stock and no one else has complained about it being to bright must just be stupid people.
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:50 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
guess it depends on where you are...i run non oem hids in both heads and fogs and have never been flashed...i just would drive on and enjoy the cruise...you'll be past them after a few seconds.
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-03-2013, 08:01 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
AmericanBulldog's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Phoenix
Region: Arizona
Posts: 242
i'll definitely do that lol. Thanks.
AmericanBulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:08 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sanguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: London
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 1,623
I get flashed sometimes. Some people just flash because they're idiots and don't like the HIDs. Blind them with your highs and they'll get the message. I've had people with really crappy headlights flash me and I don't even bother. They don't even look like high beams, lol.
__________________
'13 'Stang V6 - MT82 - GHIG Ordered: 5/31 Pickup: 7/3
35% Tint, Homemade Intake (1, 2), GT500 Heat Extractor/Splash Guards, Custom Gas Cap
Barton Shifter Bracket, GHIG Shift Knob


'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:17 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
I get flashed sometimes. Some people just flash because they're idiots and don't like the HIDs. Blind them with your highs and they'll get the message. I've had people with really crappy headlights flash me and I don't even bother. They don't even look like high beams, lol.
It happens to me all the time!
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:24 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 704
I can tell by your profile pic those are not OEM HID's. They are just regular halogen style lights with HID bilbs. I have that setup on my SUV and get constantly flashed always. My mustang has true OEM HID's that are in a projector style housing. There is 0 glare and they are less annoying than even regular halogen. I can guarantee nobody can take photos like these of HID's in a non projector style light. There is no glare whatsoever







---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------


Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
It happens to me all the time!
BUT YOU HAVE OEM HID!!!!! LOL wtf? nevermind, i guess people in your areas want everybody driving with god damn candles at night.
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:26 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanBulldog View Post
at night and i don't know why. I don't have the brights on. My headlights are leveled. If you see my profile pic that's what they see. I haven't done anything to my headlights they are the stock HID lights. Any help? lol.
Me 2. OEM lights also.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:08 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
I have stock fogs in the GT grille and sylvania silver star ultras. I get flashed more because of my fogs than anything.
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:39 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
jessesse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: kansas city
Region: Missouri
Posts: 41
Maybe you should look into buying those smoked raxiom tail lights from american muscle? They look pretty awesome and would cut down the light a little bit.
jessesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:04 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
AmericanBulldog's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Phoenix
Region: Arizona
Posts: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig View Post
I can tell by your profile pic those are not OEM HID's. They are just regular halogen style lights with HID bilbs. I have that setup on my SUV and get constantly flashed always. My mustang has true OEM HID's that are in a projector style housing. There is 0 glare and they are less annoying than even regular halogen. I can guarantee nobody can take photos like these of HID's in a non projector style light. There is no glare whatsoever







---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------




BUT YOU HAVE OEM HID!!!!! LOL wtf? nevermind, i guess people in your areas want everybody driving with god damn candles at night.
ummm...

well these are my headlights lol.

AmericanBulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:18 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: N/A
Region: Alabama
Posts: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessesse View Post
Maybe you should look into buying those smoked raxiom tail lights from american muscle? They look pretty awesome and would cut down the light a little bit.
False. The headlights AM sells have a "smoked" (glossy black) housing with a clear lens. I own a pair of their smoked CCFL halo headlights and fog lights.
Rice Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:25 PM   #13
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice Eater View Post

False. The headlights AM sells have a "smoked" (glossy black) housing with a clear lens. I own a pair of their smoked CCFL halo headlights and fog lights.
The Dark Smoked OEM style headlights are black housing with a smoked lense. Those are what I have.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:30 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: N/A
Region: Alabama
Posts: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
The Dark Smoked OEM style headlights are black housing with a smoked lense. Those are what I have.
Ah, I didn't know they carried a smoked lens variant. I see there's a smoked lens one for the 05-09s now too. Don't think there's one for the 10s.
Rice Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:04 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black8thElement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,117
Lol I thought I was losing my mind when it happens, cause I would be sitting at the light and suddenly someone flashes me. But then I think to myself "did that mf'er just flash me or did I catch their lights at a bad angle" but then im like naw I'm just being paranoid that people notice my car and try to give me *****...
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:59 PM   #16
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,822
I was on my way to Tampa one morning during a heavy fog. Had the center fog lights on (GT grill). A police officer pulled me over to question the position of the fog lights. Based on the replys of this post, it now has me thinking the police officer thought my bright lights were on.
I had to show her the fog light positions were stock by showing her the owners manual!

She agreed and sent me on my way.
__________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



07:17 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.