Just bought a 2014 mustang! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-06-2013, 09:10 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJstanger View Post
Doesnt say anything about v6s so i think im clear! Lol jk ill still probably call ahead just to be sure about the tuner, but that won't be until much later in time. Thanks guys
brittney18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2013, 09:14 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittney18 View Post
Doesnt say anything about v6s so i think im clear! Lol jk ill still probably call ahead just to be sure about the tuner, but that won't be until much later in time. Thanks guys
This applies to all cars made by Ford. If you call your dealer, he is going to tell you not to do it. If you really want a tune, go for it. Just be careful to do it right.
mrkrabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:18 PM   #38
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Play it safe and work on the look of your Stang first. Performance parts may void your warrantee. If you want to go the performance direction I say talk to your dealer and see what might and how it could void your warrantee. Welcome and happy modding!!!
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2013, 09:27 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastV6 View Post
Play it safe and work on the look of your Stang first. Performance parts may void your warrantee. If you want to go the performance direction I say talk to your dealer and see what might and how it could void your warrantee. Welcome and happy modding!!!
Did you not read the article that the other user posted? lol
Never talk to your dealer about mods. They are 100% bias and will tell you not to do it. You will also receive false information.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:47 AM   #40
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkrabz View Post
Thank you. This confirms what I have been saying.
An aftermarket mod will not void your warranty. If the mod causes damage, then yes, that will void you warranty. In this article, Ford is simply warning that a tune that increases performance may result in damage due to the vehicle not being designed to handle that performance, which would void your warranty. The tune itself or mod itself does not void it in it's own. It's only when damage occurs that the mod becomes an issue, and again, Ford must prove that the damage was caused by the aftermarket part or the tune to void the warranty.
Its very easy for Ford to claim the damage.

And they have deaper pockets. Good luck. I have a tuner, but I waited until the 36K warranty expired. I figured if anything was going to break engine wise, it would have happened during that time frame.

Bottom line, it's your Mustang; you make the payments, you make the choice.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:19 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:

Thank you. This confirms what I have been saying.
An aftermarket mod will not void your warranty. If the mod causes damage, then yes, that will void you warranty. In this article, Ford is simply warning that a tune that increases performance may result in damage due to the vehicle not being designed to handle that performance, which would void your warranty. The tune itself or mod itself does not void it in it's own. It's only when damage occurs that the mod becomes an issue, and again, Ford must prove that the damage was caused by the aftermarket part or the tune to void the warranty.
It's only when damage occurs that the warranty becomes an issue. The major part of a warranty is that which covers the drive train. Engine, tranny, differential. Moss Magnusson was designed to cover after market parts that are equal too or better than OEM. First off a tune is not an after market part. It is how the car is tuned outside of OEM specs. Thus if the car is designed to operate at what Ford determines is safe for its components and you push the car past that with a tune then the courts are going to side with Ford. The proof is a given that the tune caused the failure at least as far as the warranty is concerned. Good luck when the drive train fails and you have retuned your car.
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:30 AM   #42
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Quote:

Did you not read the article that the other user posted? lol
Never talk to your dealer about mods. They are 100% bias and will tell you not to do it. You will also receive false information.
And did you see where i said to ask the dealer how it would void the warrantee? Make the dealer tell you how it would. Keep them from simply saying yes it will. Ask them how and why!!!

FYI my dealer told me what i do with my car is my business. But when it comes in for service put it back to stock. So you are wrong not all dealers are 100% bias!!! Some dealers are actually pretty cool to work with.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:01 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2012 View Post
It's only when damage occurs that the warranty becomes an issue. The major part of a warranty is that which covers the drive train. Engine, tranny, differential. Moss Magnusson was designed to cover after market parts that are equal too or better than OEM. First off a tune is not an after market part. It is how the car is tuned outside of OEM specs. Thus if the car is designed to operate at what Ford determines is safe for its components and you push the car past that with a tune then the courts are going to side with Ford. The proof is a given that the tune caused the failure at least as far as the warranty is concerned. Good luck when the drive train fails and you have retuned your car.
This is all under the assumption that the drive train will fail. I know plenty of people that have gotten tunes and have had them for years with no problems. If you get it tuned correctly, and you don't abuse the car, you shouldn't have any problems.

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Bottom line, it's your Mustang; you make the payments, you make the choice.
+1
Old 06-07-2013, 02:57 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

This is all under the assumption that the drive train will fail. I know plenty of people that have gotten tunes and have had them for years with no problems. If you get it tuned correctly, and you don't abuse the car, you shouldn't have any problems.

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

+1
Oh you are correct. So why have a warranty? It's only under the assumption of failure.
Old 06-07-2013, 03:09 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Oh you are correct. So why have a warranty? It's only under the assumption of failure.
Umm...Warranties are to protect you from a factory defect?? That question has absolutely nothing to do with tunes or mods.

Were talking about two completely different things here. A factory defect is not the same thing as damage caused by a mod or tune...
Old 06-07-2013, 03:32 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Umm...Warranties are to protect you from a factory defect?? That question has absolutely nothing to do with tunes or mods.

Were talking about two completely different things here. A factory defect is not the same thing as damage caused by a mod or tune...
Not exactly. That's the point. It could have very well been a factory defect. But once you tune it above the specs of the manufacturer it's easy for them to show the cause was the mod. Moss is to protect the consumer who uses mods equal or better than OEM. A tune pushes the car above OEM and may very well be not protected.
Old 06-07-2013, 03:34 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Old 06-07-2013, 04:35 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
^

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

Quote:
Not exactly. That's the point. It could have very well been a factory defect. But once you tune it above the specs of the manufacturer it's easy for them to show the cause was the mod. Moss is to protect the consumer who uses mods equal or better than OEM. A tune pushes the car above OEM and may very well be not protected.
I'm going to let this conversation rest. Yes, I have realized that we accidentally hijacked the thread. Which is why I will not be discussing this warranty issue any further. Lets get back to suggesting mods and helping out our newest member. Which is what this thread was originally about.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang