wrench light on the dash - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-07-2013, 11:24 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
wrench light on the dash

Has anyone else had the wrench light come on before. Apparently my car went into fail safe mode while driving because I practically had no power all of a sudden.
Pulled over slowly and shut off the car. When I restarted it was gone.
Only recent work done was rear gear install and a new tune.
Before restarting the car, I checked for dct codes with my tuner but it didn't give me anything.
Wondering what I need to work on because I have about 48,000 miles on it already.
jessesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2013, 10:47 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
How long has it been since you installed the tune? Maybe uninstall it and reinstall if it was recent?
sarge450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:18 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
You should be able to pull the code up from internal memory. If you can't then auto zone will hook up to your ECU for free, maybe they can dig it up. You need to know what the code being thrown was or your flying blind.
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2013, 09:47 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Mine just did it to me. Light came on, lost all acceleration and rpms jumped. I diagnosed it to be the TB. Since its cableless by turning my car off and on it reset the code. Least for me it did so I wasnt able to pull the fail code. Im having the dealer fix it since its still under warrenty.
Mustang Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:13 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Maybe I will clean my throttle body out real good then. It hasn't happened since then, but I need my car to be reliable. I might try auto zone to see if they can find a code.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:21 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
could also be maf sensor or maybe the connections.. check the connections first.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:25 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

ok, so i dropped my car off at the dealer on friday to investigate the engine light. Summary: light came on and lost all acceleration and rpm's jumped from 500 to 6000 and back/fourth. I was guessing the TB however since the dealer said i reset the ecu by turning the car off and on they cant diagnose the problem. Its been 3 days now and they have no clue on what to do. Ughhhh i miss her
Old 06-10-2013, 06:39 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Aw man.. Bummer. Hope they can figure it out soon. I havent had that happen before! My dash light was in the shape of a wrench and I think yours in the check engine light? All I did was unplug the sensor and plugged it back in. Ran a different tune for a while and it went away.
I plan on buying a CAI soon anyways.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:33 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessesse View Post
Aw man.. Bummer. Hope they can figure it out soon. I havent had that happen before! My dash light was in the shape of a wrench and I think yours in the check engine light? All I did was unplug the sensor and plugged it back in. Ran a different tune for a while and it went away.
I plan on buying a CAI soon anyways.
Yea mines the engine light. I narrowed the problem down to I believe the TB but not sure. With my back injury its impossible to do any major work on it so dealer it went. Mind you this is ths dealer who charges $400 personal tax ontop of delivery charges when you buy a car from them. $400 "sewer, dealership cleaning and water".. so I went across the street and bought mine with zero charges/taxes lol I was forced to go her cause my dealer wasnt able to fit it into his schedule
Old 06-11-2013, 12:39 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Rider View Post

Yea mines the engine light. I narrowed the problem down to I believe the TB but not sure. With my back injury its impossible to do any major work on it so dealer it went. Mind you this is ths dealer who charges $400 personal tax ontop of delivery charges when you buy a car from them. $400 "sewer, dealership cleaning and water".. so I went across the street and bought mine with zero charges/taxes lol I was forced to go her cause my dealer wasnt able to fit it into his schedule
After 3 days of driving my car around they finally got the wrench light to come on and show its the TB failure
Old 06-12-2013, 04:04 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Usually when the check engine light comes on and the car loses all power
on a fly by wire vehicle the problem is with the fly by wire, either the pedal assemby
or the throttle body. Other trouble codes do not cause the car to barely limp along
at 10 miles per hour. The computer is programmed to do this when a fly by wire code is set
for obvious reasons, as it doesn't know if the pedal assembly is giving out erroneous data,
and it doesn't want the car going 100 miles per hour while your foot is off the gas pedal.
GRREEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:24 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

The wrench light came on a few more times and the check engine light showed up. P2111 was the code. Throttle body plate stuck open, or throttle body position sensor. Found out there is no throttle body position sensor. I need a new throttle body. Ugh... Still haven't tried cleaning it out yet.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:07 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessesse View Post
The wrench light came on a few more times and the check engine light showed up. P2111 was the code. Throttle body plate stuck open, or throttle body position sensor. Found out there is no throttle body position sensor. I need a new throttle body. Ugh... Still haven't tried cleaning it out yet.
i just had mine replaced for the same thing.. My TB was toast and its only a year old.. Good thing for the warrenty
Old 05-02-2016, 07:50 AM   #14

so guys i ran into the same issue one day it was runing fine i come home and install a 70mm bbk tb then i have these codes and it won't go iv tried everything i know i even went out yesterday and spent 110$ on parts tps and a new motor setup for it and still codes iv cleared codes done the battery. heres how i narrowed it down i unplugged the tps goes crazy okay so that works plunged in now i unplugged other side boom another code okay so i plug it back and code is gone but still have the p2111 and forced idle code has anyone solved this if i don't find out in the next few hrs im taking it to the dealer
adamhill70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 11:03 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Why don't you put your old TB back on and send the BBK one back? It appears you got a defective one. A dealer will not fix an aftermarket TB under warranty.
iguanaman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 11:52 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

When you get it fix I'd like to know if it makes a performance difference?
I've read where they don't so your hands on could be helpful...
2014 MCOA, V6 PREMIUM, PERFORMANCE PACKAGE, COMFORT PACKAGE, SECURITY PACKAGE, DEEP IMPACT BLUE WITH SILVER CUSTOM COBRA STYLE STRIPES, AIRAID TUBE, TINTED 35%, PIONEER 8000 NEX, REAR CAMERA, BORLA TOUR AXLE BACK, K&N FILTER. JLT OIL CATCH CAN, CUSTOM MADE HOOD STRUTS, BBK SHORTY CERAMIC

heebe_geebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 04:11 PM   #17

2007 mustang

problem solved today i had a strange thought and turned the spring counter clock wise and boom it worked an i had throttle all i did after was clear codes after to get rid if them and yes i did feel more low end power accidentally left tire marks in front of my house btw the service advisers at rockwall ford of texas are jerks
adamhill70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 01:28 PM   #18

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Rider View Post
Mine just did it to me. Light came on, lost all acceleration and rpms jumped. I diagnosed it to be the TB. Since its cableless by turning my car off and on it reset the code. Least for me it did so I wasnt able to pull the fail code. Im having the dealer fix it since its still under warrenty.

What did they fix on it? Was it the throttle body because my 2016 mustang is doing it now. Rpm's are jumping and it won't get power at times. My wrench light is on saying see manual.
Paigevessells is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang