anyone with a procharger on a 2013 manual? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-07-2013, 04:11 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
anyone with a procharger on a 2013 manual?

I just paid off my car today. Looking at exploring the options of forced induction .

So, with that said, the kit I see for sale is only for the 2011 and 12 and I will assume that is because they haven't made a tune for the 13. I would be looking at dyno tuning anyway and I am comfortable with the install.

Did you install the '12 kit and were you able to run the tune? I would only be running it to safely drive my car to a dyno tuner. Did you just go with the base kit? I dont plan on going much further with adding power to the car after the s/c. Anything in the kit a POS? I plan on a driveshaft, clutch and flywheel too. Any comments good or bad or advice is appreciated before I decide to pull the trigger. I could trade the car in on a 5.0... I know. I want to be different than every other Mustang in my area and this is perfect IMO. No need to say get a 5.0 please unless you have the kit and are unhappy. I realize it is an option and have explored that too.

PM me if you dont want to post here if you have the kit.

Thanks!
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2013, 09:27 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Considered the kit from CFM? If you're ok with turbo and money isn't burning a hole in your pocket anyway...

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:45 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I haven't looked into a turbo honestly but now u just threw another contender in the ring... I actually have a friend at NPG racing and he is building a 13 twin turbo right now. Thanks. I will look into it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2013, 08:48 AM   #4

Region: Maryland
Resently found out I could if gotten my 13 v6 with the 3.5L TT in the f150s. Idk if that's a perk of working for ford or if anyone can do it. Deff regretting now getting my car custom made from the factory. Only thing is you would never find parts and if ya did they would be made for the f150.
SamSquanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:07 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Another member from here (clamphier) installed the 2012 kit on his 2013 auto! From what I remember he said it was easy to get it to fit.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:14 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
True. But if you bought that car and parked it you would have one rare collectors car down the road. I don't think most people even know you can put the 3.5L in.

As far as FI... Look at turbo. The guys with the turbo are putting down more power than the SC guys are at near the same PSI. The SC guys are also finding that the pro charger rig is working at near peak capacity from the factory so even a pulley swap won't give you a massive power boost. That means that down the line, if you decide to build the engine internals, you won't be able to just slap a smaller pully on or turn up the boost like a turbo. Your stuck buying a pro charger D1 now and that's not cheap at all.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:38 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSquanch View Post
Resently found out I could if gotten my 13 v6 with the 3.5L TT in the f150s. Idk if that's a perk of working for ford or if anyone can do it. Deff regretting now getting my car custom made from the factory. Only thing is you would never find parts and if ya did they would be made for the f150.
I am thinking u would not have an issue finding parts. Made for the SHO Taurus too.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:45 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeltx View Post
True. But if you bought that car and parked it you would have one rare collectors car down the road. I don't think most people even know you can put the 3.5L in.

As far as FI... Look at turbo. The guys with the turbo are putting down more power than the SC guys are at near the same PSI. The SC guys are also finding that the pro charger rig is working at near peak capacity from the factory so even a pulley swap won't give you a massive power boost. That means that down the line, if you decide to build the engine internals, you won't be able to just slap a smaller pully on or turn up the boost like a turbo. Your stuck buying a pro charger D1 now and that's not cheap at all.
Ya u would replace the head uniand upgrade to the D1... I really wanted a roots style blower and NPG was working on a manifold and has a prototype to put a KB top on it... I really want that but it isnt available so.. I am going to also explore the turbo options too now but honestly I dont see me going to forged internals so the power of the Procharger would be enough and the easier install too which is also important to me. I have never installed a turbo.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:51 AM   #9

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrby4d View Post

I am thinking u would not have an issue finding parts. Made for the SHO Taurus too.
It wouldn't be impossible. Might have to do some fabricating but it seems like you gotta do it with parts that are ment for your car anyway. Lol.
SamSquanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:37 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Ya. It would take some fab for sure. The f150 ecoboost swap would be easier than a SHO Taurus just because it shares a RWD platform with our Mustang.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:24 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrby4d View Post
Ya u would replace the head uniand upgrade to the D1... I really wanted a roots style blower and NPG was working on a manifold and has a prototype to put a KB top on it... I really want that but it isnt available so.. I am going to also explore the turbo options too now but honestly I dont see me going to forged internals so the power of the Procharger would be enough and the easier install too which is also important to me. I have never installed a turbo.
I feel the same about a roots blower too. I've actually spent some time looking at the manifold and I really don't think it would be that bad. Easy to make a V welded setup with a place for an intercooler core and still clear the hood. Just have to change the pulley set up to route the belt around and over the water pump that sticks out in the middle of the front of the engine.

Read as much as you can up on turbos, one guy did a custom twin turbo deal over on mustangforums. Honestly, the procharger is a turbo with the exhaust section whacked off. It functions the exact same way (blow off valve to limit pressure etc). The biggest thing on turbos are exhaust routing and oil line routing, which CFM does through the valve cover to prevent needing to tap the oil pan for a return line. They're very straight-forward and I think it's worth your time to watch and wait for it.

If you want a Procharger, do yourself a favor and overboost it with a smaller pulley, then limit the boost with a valve. Guys that are doing this can stay at stock PSI, but build boost WAY sooner, say 2k rpm, and holding flat on boost instead of having to ramp up through the whole rpm range.

Avoid that overpriced Helion POS. My 2c.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:30 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Hellion is bad you don't want that. We have put them on some cars and they will be shipped with some missing parts, not perfect fitments, and they are slow to respond. But your choice. I also have a Procharger for sale if you are interested
clamphier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:17 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to brandonveiga Send a message via Skype™ to brandonveiga
I have the most important question here...
How do you have a 13 and have it paid off already?? lucky sob lol
I have an 11 and got 0% and im only halfway there

As Jeremy Clarkson would say: POWEEERRRRR
brandonveiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:17 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamphier View Post
Hellion is bad you don't want that. We have put them on some cars and they will be shipped with some missing parts, not perfect fitments, and they are slow to respond. But your choice. I also have a Procharger for sale if you are interested
how much you asking for the procharger?? and why are you selling it?
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:24 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

I paid for it in full lol. Well I would like 5k but I'm taking offers. And I'm selling it because I'm going twins...

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

Voided my warranty a long time ago!
Old 06-09-2013, 02:10 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I paid for it in full lol. Well I would like 5k but I'm taking offers. And I'm selling it because I'm going twins...

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

twin turbo? I didn't kno those were out for the 3.7. is it possible to get 600 Hp on a 3.7? jus curious

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

Quote:

why? isn't that way more expensive? do you think it's possible to get over 600 Hp outta the 3.7? someone asked me that n I didn't kno what to say

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

sorry I posted twice. idk what happened
Old 06-09-2013, 02:26 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I'm making it I want to be the first just like I was the first 13. Yea but I got hook ups. For sure could I'm going for 700 HP with forged internals. I think the most it can get without forged is about 500 to the wheels
Old 06-09-2013, 05:04 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm making it I want to be the first just like I was the first 13. Yea but I got hook ups. For sure could I'm going for 700 HP with forged internals. I think the most it can get without forged is about 500 to the wheels
I'm really interested in this. in 6 months I will have $6k for FI and would like to go supercharger. if you still have it for sale I will be your buyer. I doubt it will be for sale that long tho
Old 06-09-2013, 05:10 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

I hope not lol but if it is its yours

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang