Mustang Evolution Forum banner

anyone with a procharger on a 2013 manual?

3K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  clamphier 
#1 · (Edited)
I just paid off my car today. Looking at exploring the options of forced induction :D.

So, with that said, the kit I see for sale is only for the 2011 and 12 and I will assume that is because they haven't made a tune for the 13. I would be looking at dyno tuning anyway and I am comfortable with the install.

Did you install the '12 kit and were you able to run the tune? I would only be running it to safely drive my car to a dyno tuner. Did you just go with the base kit? I dont plan on going much further with adding power to the car after the s/c. Anything in the kit a POS? I plan on a driveshaft, clutch and flywheel too. Any comments good or bad or advice is appreciated before I decide to pull the trigger. I could trade the car in on a 5.0... I know. I want to be different than every other Mustang in my area and this is perfect IMO. No need to say get a 5.0 please unless you have the kit and are unhappy. I realize it is an option and have explored that too.

PM me if you dont want to post here if you have the kit.

Thanks!

#4 ·
Resently found out I could if gotten my 13 v6 with the 3.5L TT in the f150s. Idk if that's a perk of working for ford or if anyone can do it. Deff regretting now getting my car custom made from the factory. Only thing is you would never find parts and if ya did they would be made for the f150.

#6 ·
True. But if you bought that car and parked it you would have one rare collectors car down the road. I don't think most people even know you can put the 3.5L in.

As far as FI... Look at turbo. The guys with the turbo are putting down more power than the SC guys are at near the same PSI. The SC guys are also finding that the pro charger rig is working at near peak capacity from the factory so even a pulley swap won't give you a massive power boost. That means that down the line, if you decide to build the engine internals, you won't be able to just slap a smaller pully on or turn up the boost like a turbo. Your stuck buying a pro charger D1 now and that's not cheap at all.

#8 ·
Ya u would replace the head uniand upgrade to the D1... I really wanted a roots style blower and NPG was working on a manifold and has a prototype to put a KB top on it... I really want that but it isnt available so.. I am going to also explore the turbo options too now but honestly I dont see me going to forged internals so the power of the Procharger would be enough and the easier install too which is also important to me. I have never installed a turbo.

#16 ·
I paid for it in full lol. Well I would like 5k but I'm taking offers. And I'm selling it because I'm going twins...

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

Voided my warranty a long time ago!
twin turbo? I didn't kno those were out for the 3.7. is it possible to get 600 Hp on a 3.7? jus curious

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

I paid for it in full lol. Well I would like 5k but I'm taking offers. And I'm selling it because I'm going twins...

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

Voided my warranty a long time ago!
why? isn't that way more expensive? do you think it's possible to get over 600 Hp outta the 3.7? someone asked me that n I didn't kno what to say

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

sorry I posted twice. idk what happened

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.