throttle body help - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-10-2013, 10:36 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
throttle body help

ok so before everyone jumps on me i know there are threads out there but none of them seem to answer my question. i was wondering if i add a ported throttle body weather i get a bbk or just mine ported will it make a difference. or do i have to have my intake manifold ported also. please help this is the next thing i want to do i have a cai 93 tune just let me know and a side not should i change my drive shaft to a one piece will it help with anything besides just not breaking in half
Rahbarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2013, 10:43 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Porting

Greetings. There's a lot of talk on here about 3.7's getting their stock throttle body ported and also the manifold as well. If you port your throttle body and manifold to both match 73mm, or you buy a BBK 73mm body and port your manifold, I don't imagine there would be any noticeable difference between the two, airflow would be identical.

So you might be able to get your stock TB and Manifold ported at the same time and not have to buy a new part at all. I went ahead and bought the BBK 73mm throttle body though. I'm not biased to it, it's just what I wanted.

Buying a 73mm throttle body means, that I still have my stock one (unchanged) sitting in my tool shed, where the rest of my stock parts are (should for some reason, I ever need to return it to stock). Since I live in California, I chose not to physically modify my stock components.
+Magnaflow Competition Catback Exhaust
+BBK 73mm Throttle Body
https://www.youtube.com/user/redsixmustang
Redsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:00 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsix View Post
Greetings. There's a lot of talk on here about 3.7's getting their stock throttle body ported and also the manifold as well. If you port your throttle body and manifold to both match 73mm, or you buy a BBK 73mm body and port your manifold, I don't imagine there would be any noticeable difference between the two, airflow would be identical.

So you might be able to get your stock TB and Manifold ported at the same time and not have to buy a new part at all. I went ahead and bought the BBK 73mm throttle body though. I'm not biased to it, it's just what I wanted.

Buying a 73mm throttle body means, that I still have my stock one (unchanged) sitting in my tool shed, where the rest of my stock parts are (should for some reason, I ever need to return it to stock). Since I live in California, I chose not to physically modify my stock components.

did you just do the tb and not the intake mani?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2013, 11:09 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

does anyone know where i can buy a stock tb?
Old 06-11-2013, 11:57 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahbarin View Post
did you just do the tb and not the intake mani?
So far yes, I only upgraded the throttle body by replacing it with the 73mm BBK version. I have not changed my original by porting it. I also have not ported my manifold.

If you have the money (not that I do, but...) you can get a custom intake manifold. There are companies that make them for the v6. I haven't yet come across a great and generally accepted aftermarket company with a mass produced version of a 2011+ v6 intake manifold. I could just need to go deeper into the internets, but thus far I've only seen the custom ones.
+Magnaflow Competition Catback Exhaust
+BBK 73mm Throttle Body
https://www.youtube.com/user/redsixmustang
Redsix is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang