what should i do next for power - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-10-2013, 11:22 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Toms river
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 103
what should i do next for power

i have a performance package with 3.73 gears bama 93 performance tune and air cai

i was thinking bbk tb and bbk lca

what do you think
Rahbarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-10-2013, 11:44 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
2300turboford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: london
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 2,903
Do control arms and exhaust and don't get a throttle body it's a nice shiny paperweight and adds almost no power to a almost. Stock motor
__________________
"Racing is life ,anything before or after is just waiting "-the king of cool -Steve McQueen
2300turboford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:46 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Toms river
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2300turboford View Post
Do control arms and exhaust and don't get a throttle body it's a nice shiny paperweight and adds almost no power to a almost. Stock motor
Could you put a link to control arms you recommend and what arms to do need I looked online and I could upper and lower for 300 from American muscle
Rahbarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-11-2013, 07:27 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
dgrum04's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 526
Did you swap the stock 3.31s for the 3.73s?
__________________
2011 Kona Blue 3.7L. Stock motor. Roush Axle-Back. 19" x 8.5/10" Charcoal AMR's. GT500 Spoiler. Smoked Raxiom Tail Lights. MCA grille. Shorty antenna.

An outstanding DD
dgrum04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:28 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Toms river
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrum04 View Post
Did you swap the stock 3.31s for the 3.73s?
It cane with them
Rahbarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:55 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
2300turboford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: london
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 2,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahbarin View Post

Could you put a link to control arms you recommend and what arms to do need I looked online and I could upper and lower for 300 from American muscle
Any on American muscle is good and almost any brand of control arms are good
__________________
"Racing is life ,anything before or after is just waiting "-the king of cool -Steve McQueen
2300turboford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:05 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
dgrum04's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahbarin View Post
It cane with them
Might want to double check that one boss. The performance package comes stock with a 3.31 ratio.
__________________
2011 Kona Blue 3.7L. Stock motor. Roush Axle-Back. 19" x 8.5/10" Charcoal AMR's. GT500 Spoiler. Smoked Raxiom Tail Lights. MCA grille. Shorty antenna.

An outstanding DD
dgrum04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:17 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Toms river
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrum04 View Post
Might want to double check that one boss. The performance package comes stock with a 3.31 ratio.
That's what it said on my invoice
Rahbarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:28 AM   #9
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahbarin View Post
i have a performance package with 3.73 gears bama 93 performance tune and air cai

i was thinking bbk tb and bbk lca

what do you think
It sounds like you're already on the right track! Post up some pictures of your Mustang, we'd love to check it out.

As far as your next mods, Throttle body, Exhaust, Suspension, etc.. is all great mods! I would recommend all of them at some point for sure.

Keep up the great work with your build and feel free to let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance!

-Dan
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266| Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:50 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Doe_Rae_mi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 2,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahbarin
i have a performance package with 3.73 gears bama 93 performance tune and air cai

i was thinking bbk tb and bbk lca

what do you think
Exhaust
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:52 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Toms river
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrum04 View Post
Did you swap the stock 3.31s for the 3.73s?
you my friend are a helpful man my dealership told me 3.73 were in there i just crawled under my car and guess who said hi to me a nice 3.31 sticker so guess who had to order 3.73 this guy thanks for the heads up learned my lesson not to trust them
Rahbarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:03 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahbarin View Post

you my friend are a helpful man my dealership told me 3.73 were in there i just crawled under my car and guess who said hi to me a nice 3.31 sticker so guess who had to order 3.73 this guy thanks for the heads up learned my lesson not to trust them
I was about to say lol all v6pp come with 3.31s including mine.

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Also the title is what next for power. I would do full exhaust. If you want handling and traction, do lowering springs with upper and lower control arms, adj panhard bar

Just my 0.02
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:05 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Toms river
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post
I was about to say lol all v6pp come work 3.31s including mine.
ya i thought somethis wasnt righ when he said it had it but i was just happy buying the car i didnt check

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post
I was about to say lol all v6pp come with 3.31s including mine.

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Also the title is what next for power. I would do full exhaust. If you want handling and traction, do lowering springs with upper and lower control arms, adj panhard bar

Just my 0.02
i thought the exhaust was pretty good flowing in these cars
Rahbarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:06 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahbarin View Post

ya i thought somethis wasnt righ when he said it had it but i was just happy buying the car i didnt check
It amazes me how little salesmen know lol

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahbarin View Post

ya i thought somethis wasnt righ when he said it had it but i was just happy buying the car i didnt check

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------



i thought the exhaust was pretty good flowing in these cars
did the salesman tell you that too? Lol
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:22 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Toms river
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post
It amazes me how little salesmen know lol

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------



did the salesman tell you that too? Lol
acually people on here told me that and for better acceleration what should i do i did a tune cai i ordered 3.73 gears whats next
Rahbarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:51 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahbarin View Post

acually people on here told me that and for better acceleration what should i do i did a tune cai i ordered 3.73 gears whats next
Well lt headers flow better add to that catless or high flow catted midpipe and you are looking at noticeable gains in power. You will lose a small amount of torque but the gains in hp make up for it.
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:53 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Toms river
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post
Well lt headers flow better add to that catless or high flow catted midpipe and you are looking at noticeable gains in power. You will lose a small amount of torque but the gains in hp make up for it.
Anything else I could do and I'm not sure if you'll know this but I run a 93 tune if I went to a 91 will I lose a lot of acceleration or power
Rahbarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:02 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahbarin View Post

Anything else I could do and I'm not sure if you'll know this but I run a 93 tune if I went to a 91 will I lose a lot of acceleration or power
I will say this, never run a 93 octane tune with 91 in the tank. .... never! And you won't lose much power but if you are looking to squeeze every little bit out of it then use 93
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:04 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Toms river
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post
I will say this, never run a 93 octane tune with 91 in the tank. .... never! And you won't lose much power but if you are looking to squeeze every little bit out of it then use 93
ok thats what im running now 93 with a 93 tune im just not sure what tune is best performance or race and i heard something about a hybrid tune
Rahbarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:10 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahbarin View Post

ok thats what im running now 93 with a 93 tune im just not sure what tune is best performance or race and i heard something about a hybrid tune
The hybrid is supposed to have a better power curve through all rpms. It is a forum exclusive tune that you have to ask for. That being said quite a few of us have tested the hybrid vs race tunes in 0-60 and 1/4 mile times and the 93 race tune won in all categories every time.
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:13 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
13 stang22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: fort worth
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post

The hybrid is supposed to have a better power curve through all rpms. It is a forum exclusive tune that you have to ask for. That being said quite a few of us have tested the hybrid vs race tunes in 0-60 and 1/4 mile times and the 93 race tune won in all categories every time.
race tune > hybrid tune. I proved it.
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:15 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Toms river
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post
The hybrid is supposed to have a better power curve through all rpms. It is a forum exclusive tune that you have to ask for. That being said quite a few of us have tested the hybrid vs race tunes in 0-60 and 1/4 mile times and the 93 race tune won in all categories every time.
ok so race is better then performance tune?
Rahbarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:16 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahbarin View Post

ok so race is better then performance tune?
Race is the most aggressive tune Bama offers. I run it on my dd
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:18 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
13 stang22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: fort worth
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,006
I switched to MPT 93 tune. bama and MPT come close. as long as its 93 or 91 and the highest performance tune a tuning company offers you should be good. don't bother with street or performance bama tune. IMO
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:27 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 stang22 View Post
I switched to MPT 93 tune. bama and MPT come close. as long as its 93 or 91 and the highest performance tune a tuning company offers you should be good. don't bother with street or performance bama tune. IMO
Btw I got 28 mpg on my 300+mile road trip today running the Bama race tune.

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

And I was driving very spirited :p
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:33 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
13 stang22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: fort worth
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post

Btw I got 28 mpg on my 300+mile road trip today running the Bama race tune.

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

And I was driving very spirited :p
what gear ratio do you have? i get 27 mpg with 3.73s. I'm thinking bout going to 4.10 because my 3.73s are f*****. do you think the performance gain with the 4.10s is worth the 1-2 mpg loss?
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:35 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Toms river
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post
Btw I got 28 mpg on my 300+mile road trip today running the Bama race tune.

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

And I was driving very spirited :p
Will I see a difference from the 3.31 to the 3.73
Rahbarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:37 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
13 stang22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: fort worth
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahbarin View Post

Will I see a difference from the 3.31 to the 3.73
omg yeah. lol
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:44 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
If your looking to increase some nice power , then respectfully would highly recommend BBK long tube headers along with either off road or catted x pipe. Real nice for increasing HP and torque. I wouldn't recommend a larger throttle body until someone makes a larger intake for our v6's. Its debatable about some small low end torque loss but the gains of HP far outweigh that. More air shoved in the engine, faster that air comes out, more power is created and the faster your car will travel. After market headers will do just that. It will push that air out way more than the stock manifolds.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:44 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 stang22 View Post

what gear ratio do you have? i get 27 mpg with 3.73s. I'm thinking bout going to 4.10 because my 3.73s are f*****. do you think the performance gain with the 4.10s is worth the 1-2 mpg loss?
I have the stock 3.31s with the v6pp. And as to that question, there are so many other factors to answer that. I work 7 miles away so I would do it if I had the inkling for them. But if you drive a lot I wouldn't get 4.10s
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:46 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post

Race is the most aggressive tune Bama offers. I run it on my dd
Not according to American Muscle . They claim the Hybrid tune is their most aggressive and powerful tune even over the race. I love my hybrid tune. Lol. Either the race or hybrid tune, both are beasts and you can't go wrong.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:50 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Not according to American Muscle . They claim the Hybrid tune is there most aggressive and powerful tune. I love my hybrid tune. Lol
Read my other post :p many of us have tested that statement and the race ALWAYS came out on top. I've never seen Bama post numbers showing the hybrid is better.
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:51 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
13 stang22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: fort worth
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
If your looking to increase some nice power , then respectfully would highly recommend BBK long tube headers along with either off road or catted x pipe. Real nice for increasing HP and torque. I wouldn't recommend a larger throttle body until someone makes a larger intake for our v6's. Its debatable about some small low end torque loss but the gains of HP far outweigh that. More air shoved in the engine, faster that air comes out, more power is created and the faster your car will travel. After market headers will do just that. It will push that air out way more than the stock manifolds.
I actually noticed the loss in torque in my car. my 0-60 went up .1 sec but my 1/4 mile time went down .3. it's a trade off I guess
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:01 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post

Read my other post :p many of us have tested that statement and the race ALWAYS came out on top. I've never seen Bama post numbers showing the hybrid is better.
Yes, I have heard this claim by some on here. I have used all three of my tunes and feel the hybrid is the most powerful one even compared to my race tune. The hybrid combines the best DNA of the street , performance and race tunes all in one tune. The hybrid gives you maximum low, mid and high range power all the way through out your power band.

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 stang22 View Post

I actually noticed the loss in torque in my car. my 0-60 went up .1 sec but my 1/4 mile time went down .3. it's a trade off I guess
What 0-60 times you getting about? Just rough numbers. I'm running between 4.6 to 4.8 on stock tires with all my mods.

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post

Read my other post :p many of us have tested that statement and the race ALWAYS came out on top. I've never seen Bama post numbers showing the hybrid is better.
I wish AM would post actual numbers they get between there race and hybrid tune. That would be good. Lol

---------- Post added 06-12-2013 at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was 06-11-2013 at 11:57 PM ----------

OP, Either the race or hybrid tune is sweet. If you do get lt headers and loose some low end torque, perhaps a hybrid tune can replace that loss of low end torque for ya.Definitely, get headers and x pipe. Great for increase power and faster times.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:07 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
13 stang22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: fort worth
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,006
I am getting consistently 4.7-4.8 on stock tires also. what's your 1/4?
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



10:38 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.