Good Bad and Ugly with Bama Tuner - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-11-2013, 05:21 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Good Bad and Ugly with Bama Tuner

What are the pros to this tuner?

Has anyone personally had trouble with their dealership having this tuner ie: voided specific warranty work because of it? (aware of the Moss act)

Reliability issues?
SigStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2013, 05:40 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I don't imagine you'll have problems on the American Muscle / Bama side of things.
+Magnaflow Competition Catback Exhaust
+BBK 73mm Throttle Body
https://www.youtube.com/user/redsixmustang
Redsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:19 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Region: Massachusetts
American muscle is very good so you will for sure have no problems there I can promise that and I have only heard good things about bama
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2013, 07:49 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigStang View Post

Has anyone personally had trouble with their dealership having this tuner ie: voided specific warranty work because of it? (aware of the Moss act)

Reliability issues?
i just got mine today with an air intake and the car wasnt responsive like they said it would so i called bama and i had a new updated tune emailed to me in 15 mins dont worry if something happens they fix it
Rahbarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:18 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:

Reliability issues?
The reliability of their tunes is unmatched. Other tuning companies may offer you more aggressive tunes but Bama will not give you a tune if there is a chance of a problem, this is why they don't offer the ghost cam tune for our 3.7
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:08 AM   #6
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:

Reliability issues?
I can definitely give you some information on our Custom Tunes! For every Bama Tune we ask you 19 questions about your specific Mustang, including your unique mods and style of driving. This info helps us write custom tunes from the ground-up for your Mustang's mods that will give you the most horsepower that we can safely deliver. We're also constantly developing our tunes! Between our 14 different Project Mustangs and tons of street/track and dyno testing (on our in-house Dynojet 224xLC), we're looking for any minor tweaks to be made that can benefit you guys. We're also part of Fords Technology Transfer Program & Work very closely with Ford to insure that all of our tunes are perfect!

You won't have anymore trouble at the dealership with our tunes vs a competitors tune, a tune is a tune! Some dealerships may give you a hard time about warranty if your car is heavily modified, but since you're familiar with the Moss Act, you understand that they have to prove that your modifications is what directly caused harm to the vehicle!

I hope this information helps. Please let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:37 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
AM has helped me tons in the past. special thanks to Ryan, who i've spoken to about a billion times in the last to days.
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:39 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
I can definitely give you some information on our Custom Tunes! For every Bama Tune we ask you 19 questions about your specific Mustang, including your unique mods and style of driving. This info helps us write custom tunes from the ground-up for your Mustang's mods that will give you the most horsepower that we can safely deliver. We're also constantly developing our tunes! Between our 14 different Project Mustangs and tons of street/track and dyno testing (on our in-house Dynojet 224xLC), we're looking for any minor tweaks to be made that can benefit you guys. We're also part of Fords Technology Transfer Program & Work very closely with Ford to insure that all of our tunes are perfect!

You won't have anymore trouble at the dealership with our tunes vs a competitors tune, a tune is a tune! Some dealerships may give you a hard time about warranty if your car is heavily modified, but since you're familiar with the Moss Act, you understand that they have to prove that your modifications is what directly caused harm to the vehicle!

I hope this information helps. Please let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future!

-Dan
How do I get the discount
Old 06-12-2013, 05:52 PM   #9
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
Have 20 posts. Then send him a pm.

I have BAMA tunes. Couldn't be happier safe, fun and added quite a bit to my car.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:57 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit
Have 20 posts. Then send him a pm.

I have BAMA tunes. Couldn't be happier safe, fun and added quite a bit to my car.
I think it's 50 posts
Old 06-12-2013, 06:06 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedStang View Post

I think it's 50 posts
It is 50 posts
Old 06-12-2013, 06:34 PM   #12
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
Sorry. 50. Not 20. Lol
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:27 AM   #13
tan
Registered Member
Regular

Did someone forget about the lifetime retune with bama? Free tunes for life when you add more stuff to your car too.

On the side note, why 6% but not an even 10% or 5%
tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:51 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tan View Post
Did someone forget about the lifetime retune with bama? Free tunes for life when you add more stuff to your car too.

On the side note, why 6% but not an even 10% or 5%
Lol who knows
Old 06-14-2013, 08:56 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I have been running my bama race tunes for almost two years and absolutely love it. American Muscle is top notch and awesome. The tuner really transforms your pony onto a new level. It really unlocks your cars power potential that Ford has kept locked down do to emission regulations and other mpg regulations. Its awesome baby.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:03 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I have been running my bama race tunes for almost two years and absolutely love it. American Muscle is top notch and awesome. The tuner really transforms your pony onto a new level. It really unlocks your cars power potential that Ford has kept locked down do to emission regulations and other mpg regulations. Its awesome baby.
Sense my install I feel like my idle Is weird and my car has a vibrate
Old 06-23-2013, 06:25 PM   #17

Region: Virginia
I've been seeing these references to a "ghost" cam and now I see it's the ECU version of the posers that used to turn one carburetor mixture screw in and one out. No performance gain, but you can pretend you have a big cam until the real deal guy blows your doors clean off.
JCH841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:29 AM   #18
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCH841 View Post
I've been seeing these references to a "ghost" cam and now I see it's the ECU version of the posers that used to turn one carburetor mixture screw in and one out. No performance gain, but you can pretend you have a big cam until the real deal guy blows your doors clean off.
Then you can wonder why you were so dumb for buying that ghost cam tune in the first place.

I don't get it as to why folks buy it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang