Benefits of shorty headers - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-21-2013, 07:07 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
Tangster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Union
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 115
Shortys ceramic could be bought currently at autoanything for $335 free ship. Use HOT65 code for $65 discount. For stainless, use HOT45 and you can get $45 discount. I probably be getting one.
Tangster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-21-2013, 08:45 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
sean5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: San Antonio
Region: Texas
Posts: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post
Shortys ceramic could be bought currently at autoanything for $335 free ship. Use HOT65 code for $65 discount. For stainless, use HOT45 and you can get $45 discount. I probably be getting one.
Yes!!! Thanks
sean5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:54 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
MustangDUB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 108
Here is a video after I installed the BBK shorty headers

http://youtu.be/KaJzJ7F82fs
MustangDUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-25-2013, 12:13 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDUB View Post
Here is a video after I installed the BBK shorty headers

http://youtu.be/KaJzJ7F82fs
Im sorry but it sounds like a tin can. Maybe its just the angle or something but it sounds bad to me.
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:10 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Im sorry but it sounds like a tin can. Maybe its just the angle or something but it sounds bad to me.
That's the X pipe and borla combo I assume. Borla with headers has that sound too. I'm still deciding after videos are surfacing. To get my catted H I'll have to run shorties
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:24 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
Adamp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Marina
Region: California
Posts: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
That's the X pipe and borla combo I assume. Borla with headers has that sound too. I'm still deciding after videos are surfacing. To get my catted H I'll have to run shorties
Perhaps the camera was angled incorrectly. It seemed like wind to me.
__________________
2012 V6 AUTOMATIC 3.7 / MAGNA FLOW MUFFLERS / 3.73 GEARS / STEEDA CAI / 91HYBRID OCTANE TUNE / STRUT BAR / GUNMETAL MATTE METALLIC RACING STRIPE / BBK SHORTY HEADERS / BBK 73MM THROTTLE BODY
Adamp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:02 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post

That's the X pipe and borla combo I assume. Borla with headers has that sound too. I'm still deciding after videos are surfacing. To get my catted H I'll have to run shorties
I thought borla sounded great with long tubes why doesnt it with bbk xpipe and shorty headers?
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:28 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
MustangDUB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 108
Here is a better video right behind the muffler. Let me know what you think

http://youtu.be/20KA5Qcm2XI
MustangDUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:49 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
sean5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: San Antonio
Region: Texas
Posts: 306
What are the best shorties for my 11' coyote that will give me the best sound
sean5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:05 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
silvrbullet2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDUB View Post
Here is a better video right behind the muffler. Let me know what you think

http://youtu.be/20KA5Qcm2XI
I personally love the sound. I want to get shorties as well. Only difference will be I have magnaflow comps in the back. I also have the bbk catted xpipe.
silvrbullet2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:30 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean5.0 View Post
What are the best shorties for my 11' coyote that will give me the best sound
Buys kooks
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:26 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular
 
Adamp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Marina
Region: California
Posts: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDUB View Post
Here is a better video right behind the muffler. Let me know what you think

http://youtu.be/20KA5Qcm2XI
Much better. Can't wait to get mine installed. Oh yeah. I replied you but it says your mailbox is full
__________________
2012 V6 AUTOMATIC 3.7 / MAGNA FLOW MUFFLERS / 3.73 GEARS / STEEDA CAI / 91HYBRID OCTANE TUNE / STRUT BAR / GUNMETAL MATTE METALLIC RACING STRIPE / BBK SHORTY HEADERS / BBK 73MM THROTTLE BODY
Adamp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:56 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
I think what it was was the catted X and the angle. When the revs hit there is that slightly empty hollow sound. It's what I've heard with their mid pipes
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:58 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular
 
sean5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: San Antonio
Region: Texas
Posts: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Buys kooks
I've heard of them but never actually heard in in real life are they good?
sean5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:06 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular
 
MustangDUB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
I think what it was was the catted X and the angle. When the revs hit there is that slightly empty hollow sound. It's what I've heard with their mid pipes
I've always wondered what that hollow sound was.
MustangDUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:23 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDUB View Post

I've always wondered what that hollow sound was.
Alrefire has a uncatted H and it has this sound too. I think it's the fact that we eliminate or use high flow cats.

I'm getting an mrt H pipe, catted. I bet it'll have this sound too but deeper due to the H.
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:59 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post

Alrefire has a uncatted H and it has this sound too. I think it's the fact that we eliminate or use high flow cats.

I'm getting an mrt H pipe, catted. I bet it'll have this sound too but deeper due to the H.
I was thinking the same BC I have the lethal performance o/r H-Pipe and it makes a similar note. I am going to have resonators added one day lol. It's on my list of soon to add lol
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:29 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post

I was thinking the same BC I have the lethal performance o/r H-Pipe and it makes a similar note. I am going to have resonators added one day lol. It's on my list of soon to add lol
According to him, the note is still there but it's all around, smoother.
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:30 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post

Alrefire has a uncatted H and it has this sound too. I think it's the fact that we eliminate or use high flow cats.

I'm getting an mrt H pipe, catted. I bet it'll have this sound too but deeper due to the H.
Lol
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:37 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean5.0 View Post

I've heard of them but never actually heard in in real life are they good?


Yea bro they are the same size as the long tubes which are 1 7/8' piping so u gain quite a bit of exhaust flow so its great to be used with a O/R mid pipe like my Pypes Xpipe
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:11 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular
 
sean5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: San Antonio
Region: Texas
Posts: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post



Yea bro they are the same size as the long tubes which are 1 7/8' piping so u gain quite a bit of exhaust flow so its great to be used with a O/R mid pipe like my Pypes Xpipe
Dude thanks! That was so helpful
sean5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:26 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Benefits of shorty headers. they look nicer than the stock manifolds. There cheaper than long tube headers.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:29 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Benefits of shorty headers. they look nicer than the stock manifolds. There cheaper than long tube headers.
The 5.0 ones actually have gains because the piping is much bigger than stock too
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:20 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular
 
the5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Colts Neck
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDUB View Post
Check this out. The video showed noticeable sound difference

Just Installed Shorty Headers! - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post
That's a nice vid
I guess its time to claim this, my video guys thanks for the Nice comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post
And if I'm not mistaken it's supercharged as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
Then that was a sick nasty note for a v6 as far as exhaust.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
Sounded like an uncatted mid pipe too. I'm going with these and a high flow catted H pipe from mrt.
The car is NOT supercharged as of yet. The setup is BBK shorty headers stock Mid and catback and ATAK Axlebacks at the rear
the5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:06 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by the5 View Post

I guess its time to claim this, my video guys thanks for the Nice comments!

The car is NOT supercharged as of yet. The setup is BBK shorty headers stock Mid and catback and ATAK Axlebacks at the rear
Lol good stuff bro. There are a lot of 3.7 guys on this forum. And most are pretty active. You can learn a lot from these guys and you can also teach us a little too

BTW I have a few questions. Is that a real GTS and was that filmed with a GoPro ?
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:14 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular
 
the5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Colts Neck
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post
Lol good stuff bro. There are a lot of 3.7 guys on this forum. And most are pretty active. You can learn a lot from these guys and you can also teach us a little too

BTW I have a few questions. Is that a real GTS and was that filmed with a GoPro ?
That was filmed with a Nikon D3100 for the still shots and a Panasonic HD Camcorder. Personally I dont understand the appeal of a Gopro on a car. I only use mine when there is a big chance it will get damaged or wet. You can get much better quality as you can see with a pretty small sized camera.

The car is not a gts. I had that emblem custom made because I didnt want the tribal. I had not known about the Shelby Gts until after. I was going off my cars Garage mate a 911 Porsche GTS.
the5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:17 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by the5 View Post

That was filmed with a Nikon D3100 for the still shots and a Panasonic HD Camcorder. Personally I dont understand the appeal of a Gopro on a car. I only use mine when there is a big chance it will get damaged or wet. You can get much better quality as you can see with a pretty small sized camera.

The car is not a gts. I had that emblem custom made because I didnt want the tribal. I had not known about the Shelby Gts until after. I was going off my cars Garage mate a 911 Porsche GTS.
Yours looks much better
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:19 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular
 
the5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Colts Neck
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post
Yours looks much better
I think so too
the5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:40 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by the5 View Post

That was filmed with a Nikon D3100 for the still shots and a Panasonic HD Camcorder. Personally I dont understand the appeal of a Gopro on a car. I only use mine when there is a big chance it will get damaged or wet. You can get much better quality as you can see with a pretty small sized camera.

The car is not a gts. I had that emblem custom made because I didnt want the tribal. I had not known about the Shelby Gts until after. I was going off my cars Garage mate a 911 Porsche GTS.
May I ask where u got the emblem made it looks sweet
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:55 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

May I ask where u got the emblem made it looks sweet
+1
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:49 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular
 
the5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Colts Neck
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post
May I ask where u got the emblem made it looks sweet
I had it custom made, If your really interested send me an offer and Ill sell you the whole panel with the emblem.
the5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:32 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by the5 View Post

I had it custom made, If your really interested send me an offer and Ill sell you the whole panel with the emblem.
I have a '11 and so does Charlie so it wouldn't fit ours, but you could hook us up with the person that made it lol
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:52 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post

I have a '11 and so does Charlie so it wouldn't fit ours, but you could hook us up with the person that made it lol
I have two 12s that I would like custom ones made for....
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:36 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

I have two 12s that I would like custom ones made for....
Show off!
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:53 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular
 
the5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Colts Neck
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 83
EMBLEMPROS.COM - GM LICENSED AND CUSTOM VEHICLE EMBLEMS - Home
The guy who owns it was a real jackass tho.
__________________
13 V6 Premium Deep Impact Blue/White Stripes/Charcoal Black, Auto/2.73, 202A Pony Package, Comfort Package,Security Package
Mods: Factory Engine Cover, Ford Strut Tower Brace, RTR 19in wheels, Nitto Nt55 tires, Wheel Locks, Ford All-Weather Mats, Gt LED Grille, Airaid CAI, Borla Atak AxleBacks, GT500 Style wing, Adaptive Shifting Pigtail, Koni Yellows, Steeda Adjustable Camber Plates, and Eibach Sportline springs

YouTube- http://www.youtube.com/user/the5minutewebshow
the5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



02:05 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.