Benefits of shorty headers - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-10-2013, 09:38 AM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post

Show off!
LMFAO my bad buddy :p
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2013, 10:54 AM   #72

Region: California
people have been saying these don't make power. that simply isn't true...

cerebrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:40 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerebrix View Post
people have been saying these don't make power. that simply isn't true...
Lmfao really? Dont EVER listen to those sheets. Go with real life dyno runs from normal ppl like you and me. Anyone can tweak the dyno to show more hp than what its really doing. Those shortys shoukd get you 5hp nothing great and 10 peak. Look it up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2013, 04:05 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
The shorties are cheaper which is a benefit to some but other than that, waste of money. For HP and torque power gains the long tubes is where it's at.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:16 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post
Lmfao really? Dont EVER listen to those sheets. Go with real life dyno runs from normal ppl like you and me. Anyone can tweak the dyno to show more hp than what its really doing. Those shortys shoukd get you 5hp nothing great and 10 peak. Look it up

you mean like this one?

Ford Mustang Forums - View Single Post - New AMR 2011+ V6 Item: BBK Tuned Length Shorty Headers

look it up indeed
Old 07-10-2013, 08:24 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So he gained what exactly from his dyno numbers he got SOME torque and almost no HP? Can u explain
Old 07-10-2013, 08:25 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

yo seriously call it a day and get LT headers unless you want just sound.
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:34 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:

So he gained what exactly from his dyno numbers he got SOME torque and almost no HP? Can u explain
Better than a loss in torque and increase in hp like I've seen some dyno sheets. I've seen them gain like 8-10 hp
Old 07-10-2013, 10:10 PM   #79

Quote:

I cant because its not my car

but I pointed this thread out over there, and pointed out how youre insisting he made absolutely no power.

hopefully he or one of the other afm members come over here to talk to you about it.

or they'll just talk about your comments over there. either way, it'll get resolved.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:20 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

If you get any power gains its very minimal with the shorty headers. If your looking for some better sound then sure the shorty header is better than the stock manifold. With the long tubes you get the sound , great HP and torque gains. The torque numbers are minimal one may loose and that's a easy fix. Install 3:73 or 4:10 gears and your making up and way some. Your HP will increase greatly with long tubes. Forget the shorty. The long tubes are not that much more. For 300 bucks more why settle for way less with the shorty. You get the better sound and awesome power gains with long tubes.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:42 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I cant because its not my car

but I pointed this thread out over there, and pointed out how youre insisting he made absolutely no power.

hopefully he or one of the other afm members come over here to talk to you about it.

or they'll just talk about your comments over there. either way, it'll get resolved.
What will get resolved that like I said u get gains that u wont feel? Sure there is gains but like I said super small gains. 5hp which according to those HP numbers was more like 3 or 4hp and those torque numbers are non noticeable as well. I would LOVE for them to try and convince me those numbers are worth the money.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:30 AM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

What will get resolved that like I said u get gains that u wont feel? Sure there is gains but like I said super small gains. 5hp which according to those HP numbers was more like 3 or 4hp and those torque numbers are non noticeable as well. I would LOVE for them to try and convince me those numbers are worth the money.
My shortys were installed on Monday; I will post a video soon, I don't have a decent camera though. But there were noticeable gains in tq. Sounds awesome too but as for hp, yeah not much. I wanted lt headers but I didn't want to remove the cats since it is illegal in Cali. At least with shortys I can say the carb is pending.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:05 AM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamp1 View Post

My shortys were installed on Monday; I will post a video soon, I don't have a decent camera though. But there were noticeable gains in tq. Sounds awesome too but as for hp, yeah not much. I wanted lt headers but I didn't want to remove the cats since it is illegal in Cali. At least with shortys I can say the carb is pending.
Pretty sure someone will say "just buy the bbk shorty catted mid pipe"
silvrbullet2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:47 AM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrbullet2012 View Post

Pretty sure someone will say "just buy the bbk shorty catted mid pipe"
Yup but even that isn't carb legal. Believe me I have looked into it even with bbk and they assured me not legal in Cali.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:49 AM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

They change the tone a bit with better flowing headers. Are you going to buy the BBK Catted xpipe, the one thats a direct replacement of the stock mid pipe? That will show noticeable gains with the high flow cats. And the tone wilk be screaming loud lol
Old 07-11-2013, 09:27 AM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
They change the tone a bit with better flowing headers. Are you going to buy the BBK Catted xpipe, the one thats a direct replacement of the stock mid pipe? That will show noticeable gains with the high flow cats. And the tone wilk be screaming loud lol
I looked into it and was willing to fork out the extra dough for it but the guy who is my muffler confidant and owns a muffler shop told me that would make my engine light come on. I know I can have that taken of via Bama but He also said when My car comes around to being smogged, in 5 years, I would have to put the stock back on.

Man I looked into every way possible to make it carb legal and there is none. Simple bolt ons for me know. Even with the the mods I have on now I can notice a big difference. Im happy with the performance of my car now, I was when it was all stock, but the mods give it that feel! know what I mean.
Old 07-11-2013, 04:08 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

I'm glad to learn how gay California is and that will be one state I never move too. Lmao.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:31 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I'm glad to learn how gay California is and that will be one state I never move too. Lmao.
You don't need to move here, it will be coming your way soon. Trust me.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:33 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Everyone keeps saying long tubes and a catted X-pipe, or even an off road X. But nobody is mentioning that changing your cats or running no cats is Federal law you are breaking, not just California. California just happens to be the only one that enforces it.
To all you guys with Long Tubes make sure you keep your parts, this green trend is going to bite you later on. I have had 2 cars that sailed through the Sniffer test in California that had to go to the referee because it would not pass visual, neither car was ever registered in California because of no smog certificate no matter what was coming out of the tail pipe.
Hence the reason I have Shorties. There are places in Tennessee that have smog laws, and it is supposed to be the whole state and I am getting to old to switch crap back and forth for a smog test.
There are noticeable gains on the lower to mid RPM's, and since that is where the 3.7 is missing it seems like a good fix and staying Emission legal is a plus.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:17 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You don't need to move here, it will be coming your way soon. Trust me.
Lmao. It will be like Hawaii soon. Its own island after it breaks away

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang