Strut Tower Brace - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-18-2013, 09:08 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Strut Tower Brace

Wondering what you guys recommend for a strut tower brace and feedback on how it impacted your car once on? Thanks guys
SigStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2013, 10:09 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigStang View Post
Wondering what you guys recommend for a strut tower brace and feedback on how it impacted your car once on? Thanks guys
I have the boss 302 STB & I love it! I felt the front end more together & it helps when taking corners. It's a good start to suspension IMO + it looks cool under the hood!
Old 06-19-2013, 01:39 AM   #3
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Got a used one off of ebay for under a hundred bucks. I do a lot of highway type driving, so I don't really "feel" any difference for that type of driving. I'll guess if I took an on/off twisty ramp, I'd see improvement over one without, but I have yet to put my Mustang into a turn at a high speed.

IMO, front and rear sway bars off of a GT or GT500 on our V6's would do more to tighten the suspension then the shock tower brace.
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2013, 09:48 AM   #4
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Here is a picture of my front sway bar

It seems to be very thick for a V6 Mustang. The Sway bars off of my 98 Corvette were not this fat. I gotta say" I have no complaints with the way my 2012 Mustang handles. "

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:06 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I think they look good. Cuts down on body flex and cowl shake. I think thats why they are standard on the verts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0499.JPG
Views:	248
Size:	227.0 KB
ID:	114772  
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:24 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Here is a video that we did to showcase our strut tower brace:

Steeda Mustang Strut Tower Brace - YouTube

Let me know if you have any questions?

V6 & Boss - Steeda 2005-14 Mustang GT Double Bar Strut Tower Brace - Made in USA 555-5718

GT - Steeda 2011-14 Mustang Double Bar Strut Tower Brace - Made in the USA 555-5729

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:34 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

What do you guys think of the ford racing strut tower brace? Just paying for a name or is it worth the extra change? Also is there any difference in the braces that use all for strut tower nuts vs just 2
SigStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:01 PM   #8
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

They all work the same

Two nuts must be as good as the one's that use four nuts because that is what Ford uses on the Boss 302 including the Lugana Scca model. I'm sure that is all that is needed.
I don't think any one is actually better then another but some of them sure look nice. I personally like my Boss 302 nice beefy look.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:43 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Young View Post
I think they look good. Cuts down on body flex and cowl shake. I think thats why they are standard on the verts.
What's cowl shake? The hood flexing up and down?
Old 06-20-2013, 12:47 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Two nuts must be as good as the one's that use four nuts because that is what Ford uses on the Boss 302 including the Lugana Scca model. I'm sure that is all that is needed.
I don't think any one is actually better then another but some of them sure look nice. I personally like my Boss 302 nice beefy look.

Ronnie
Very, very good point. I'll note that when I go to buy my suspension upgrade parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
What's cowl shake? The hood flexing up and down?
I'd like to know as well.
Rice Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:25 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Cowl shake (to me anyway ) is when the metal frame that holds the windshield moves side to side. It shakes more in a vert but will shake on a coupe too. Its more noticeable if you go over several train tracks or a very bad road. If this makes any sense.............
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:46 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Makes sense but I thought you meant the good shaking. That's my problem right now due to the grille surround (GT) dipping down because its aftermarket and its letting air in and moving my hood up and down.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang