Mods - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-21-2013, 07:40 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bigkat122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Evansville
Region: Indiana
Posts: 51
Mods

So I bought my V6 Premium about a month ago. The first pic is straight from the lot.
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1932503364.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	443.7 KB
ID:	114983
First thing I bought was the louvers, I put them on after the dealership tinted the windows. Btw, they only tinted the sides, wth.
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1359018738.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	489.5 KB
ID:	114984
The decklid panel and side marker tint was next.
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3090106679.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	413.8 KB
ID:	114985
Then I find a crack in the windshield, that the dealership refused to repair. Changed that out when I got the rear window tinted.
And I just got the headlight/taillight blackout covers for my birthday. I'm not sure how I like those....
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-532693082.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	430.6 KB
ID:	114986



Click image for larger version

Name:	image-667091374.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	465.2 KB
ID:	114987

Now I'm ready to start on performance mods. Any suggestions???
Bigkat122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-21-2013, 09:22 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
tj@steeda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 1,139
Cold Air Intake and Tune ... it will give you some nice gains up front. What are your goals ... do you ever want to track it or just make it a bad a$$ street car?

We have many different ways you can go ... but I would say many members would agree that a a CAI and Tune would be the first thing to do:

Combined with the required custom tune using an SCT X3 Flash programming device we have achieved dramatic power increases of up to 20hp and 30ft/lbs of torque!

You can check it our here ... Steeda 2011-14 V6 Mustang Cold Air Intake - Made in the USA 555-3159

In case your not familiar with Steeda; let me share with you a little bit about the company.

Originally founded in 1988 when Dario Orlando chose to apply his years of engineering and race car development experience to the task of elevating the Ford Mustang to levels of unparalled performance, Steeda has evolved into the world class operation it is today. With design, engineering, manufacturing, and order fulfillment operations that are fully ISO 9001-2008 certified, Steeda Autosports offers the largest complete line of Ford based parts and accessories in the world today.

We have operations right here in the United States where the Steeda brand is made by the American worker.

Best Regards,

TJ
__________________
Steeda Autosports
Valdosta, GA & Pompano Beach, FL
Mustang Performance Products
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 06:54 PM   #3
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
bigmac3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Cleburne
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,036
Do you have to remove all the blacked-out covers to drive at night. Looks like they would really impede your lights.
bigmac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-24-2013, 01:08 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bigkat122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Evansville
Region: Indiana
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac3 View Post
Do you have to remove all the blacked-out covers to drive at night. Looks like they would really impede your lights.
It's not my DD, so I don't drive it at night that much. But when I do, yeah I remove the headlight covers. They're pretty simple to take on and off. Once I get fog lights ill leave them on all the time.
Bigkat122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:01 AM   #5
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigkat122 View Post
It's not my DD, so I don't drive it at night that much. But when I do, yeah I remove the headlight covers. They're pretty simple to take on and off. Once I get fog lights ill leave them on all the time.
How about the taillight tint/covers? In Central Florida, the police do inforce the law with the lights being required to be seen from a certain distance.
__________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:34 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bigkat122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Evansville
Region: Indiana
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
How about the taillight tint/covers? In Central Florida, the police do inforce the law with the lights being required to be seen from a certain distance.
I actually have some tint left over from fixing my stereo screen so I was thinking about using that. I have to make a template of my tail lights tho, and I haven't had time to do that yet.
Bigkat122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:07 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
CandyRedStang10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigkat122 View Post
It's not my DD, so I don't drive it at night that much. But when I do, yeah I remove the headlight covers. They're pretty simple to take on and off. Once I get fog lights ill leave them on all the time.
Do the headlight covers rub/scratch? I had a set that I ended up returning because they rubbed the fender where the headlight/fender/bumper came together. It seemed to be due to sliding just slightly due to the force of the wind when driving.
CandyRedStang10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:16 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bigkat122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Evansville
Region: Indiana
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyRedStang10 View Post

Do the headlight covers rub/scratch? I had a set that I ended up returning because they rubbed the fender where the headlight/fender/bumper came together. It seemed to be due to sliding just slightly due to the force of the wind when driving.
The tip of the fender touched the cover on the rh side, but I didn't notice it rubbing any while installed
Bigkat122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:28 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
CandyRedStang10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 96
Maybe mine weren't cut right. Might have to give them a try again.
CandyRedStang10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:20 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bigkat122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Evansville
Region: Indiana
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyRedStang10 View Post
Maybe mine weren't cut right. Might have to give them a try again.
I believe the only reason mine rubbed was because there was what appeared to be weld slag on the inside tip of my RH fender. There's nothing on the LH side. But they were pretty secure to the headlight with that Velcro type stuff that they attach with

---------- Post added at 07:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj@steeda View Post
Cold Air Intake and Tune ... it will give you some nice gains up front. What are your goals ... do you ever want to track it or just make it a bad a$$ street car?

We have many different ways you can go ... but I would say many members would agree that a a CAI and Tune would be the first thing to do:

Combined with the required custom tune using an SCT X3 Flash programming device we have achieved dramatic power increases of up to 20hp and 30ft/lbs of torque!

You can check it our here ... Steeda 2011-14 V6 Mustang Cold Air Intake - Made in the USA 555-3159

In case your not familiar with Steeda; let me share with you a little bit about the company.

Originally founded in 1988 when Dario Orlando chose to apply his years of engineering and race car development experience to the task of elevating the Ford Mustang to levels of unparalled performance, Steeda has evolved into the world class operation it is today. With design, engineering, manufacturing, and order fulfillment operations that are fully ISO 9001-2008 certified, Steeda Autosports offers the largest complete line of Ford based parts and accessories in the world today.

We have operations right here in the United States where the Steeda brand is made by the American worker.

Best Regards,

TJ
Yeah, I'm not looking to race it on the track...in the street against some punk in a Malibu who thinks they can keep up? I'd like to leave them in my dust. Which I can pretty much do now, but anything I can do to make it better, I want. Turning heads is my main goal 😏 Thats what I want the exhaust for too.
Bigkat122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



09:25 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.