Magnaflow glass pack question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-21-2013, 10:01 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Magnaflow glass pack question

For all you guys or girls who have had the Magnaflow glass packs on their cars for awhile do they still sound good?
rmlong06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2013, 12:05 PM   #2
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
I don't know if streets are glass packs -"BUT"

My Magnaflow streets actually sound much better after being on my car for 5,000 + miles. Slightly louder, Much deeper and just have a great tone to them. I just went on a nice ride to Orlando on a very rainy morning. I left the house at just before 5:AM and took the back roads and just kept it about 50 MPH and listened to the growl of my exhaust over the great 60's music on my sirius radio. No other cars in sight. You really have to tune your ears to hear the mufflers because they are not intrusive and obnoxious sounding. Just a nice hummmmmmm.

Like I said, I don't know if the Magnaflow streets use any packing or they are chambered but they sure sound good.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:21 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Glass packs as in resonators?? I got a set 18" and total is 22"

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
My Magnaflow streets actually sound much better after being on my car for 5,000 + miles. Slightly louder, Much deeper and just have a great tone to them. I just went on a nice ride to Orlando on a very rainy morning. I left the house at just before 5:AM and took the back roads and just kept it about 50 MPH and listened to the growl of my exhaust over the great 60's music on my sirius radio. No other cars in sight. You really have to tune your ears to hear the mufflers because they are not intrusive and obnoxious sounding. Just a nice hummmmmmm.

Like I said, I don't know if the Magnaflow streets use any packing or they are chambered but they sure sound good.

Ronnie
Also, I've noticed how many say roush are loud. I have to "tune" in to hear my exhaust at a stop light. The resonators/ glass packs helped alot to calm the drama air pushers that the roush are. Js
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2013, 03:17 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
Glass packs as in resonators?? I got a set 18" and total is 22"

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

Also, I've noticed how many say roush are loud. I have to "tune" in to hear my exhaust at a stop light. The resonators/ glass packs helped alot to calm the drama air pushers that the roush are. Js
+1 when I had my glass packs on it really calmed them down. I almost left them on because they sounded really good, I just missed that rip your face off after 3 k race car sound. Lol. When I do headers /off road x they will definitely be going back on.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 03:21 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Ya I bought a set of the 18" ones and went to the shop today about getting them put on and the gig said their worthless. I had only seen good things about them. I'm putting them on with my o/r h pipe and pype bombs because above 3k doesn't sound that great, hoping it'll help.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:27 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmlong06 View Post
Ya I bought a set of the 18" ones and went to the shop today about getting them put on and the gig said their worthless. I had only seen good things about them. I'm putting them on with my o/r h pipe and pype bombs because above 3k doesn't sound that great, hoping it'll help.
They will definitely help if your looking to reduce the rasp and scream, I'm not quite sure why he said there useless???
Old 06-21-2013, 04:28 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Honestly its Friday and I don't think he wanted to do extra work
Old 06-21-2013, 07:02 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Honestly its Friday and I don't think he wanted to do extra work
Yep, your probably right!
Old 06-21-2013, 08:16 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Talk to alrefire. He has the off road H. It's calmed down ALOT with the resonators.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:08 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post

Talk to alrefire. He has the off road H. It's calmed down ALOT with the resonators.
I need to do this lol
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang