Bama Tunes ruin warranties?! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-25-2013, 03:39 PM   #36
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Old ones. I've since replaced the V6 front bumper cover with a GT (I like the retro grille fog lights), installed a GT500 rear deck spoiler, a GT500 rear valance, and a rear window louver.

I'll get some new shots and post it.

I had originally wanted to go with the stripes you have, and it was a toss up with black or white (I have Race Red; looks like you do too?). Ended up going with the Boss style side stripes and hood center cowl in black.
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2013, 03:56 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Old ones. I've since replaced the V6 front bumper cover with a GT (I like the retro grille fog lights), installed a GT500 rear deck spoiler, a GT500 rear valance, and a rear window louver.

I'll get some new shots and post it.

I had originally wanted to go with the stripes you have, and it was a toss up with black or white (I have Race Red; looks like you do too?). Ended up going with the Boss style side stripes and hood center cowl in black.
I have the candy apple red. I originally was going with the wheels I have now (2010 gt premium 19") in matte black and matte black boss 302 stripes that I found online, they didn't say boss 302 though I didn't want to false advertise, but AM didn't carry the wheels matte anymore only in gloss, so I went with the gt 500 look like this one.
FastFord13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:55 AM   #38

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
As far as the Tune goes, I would just check with the dealership. My car is tuned and the dealership is completely okay with it! Some service managers understand that in order for them to void your warranty, they have to prove that the modifications you did to the vehicle is what caused damage (if it did occur). That's a pretty hard thing to prove and some dealerships believe its not worth the battle!

As far as Exhaust goes there's a ton of great options out there. Borla, Magnaflow, Flowmaster, SLP etc...

Please let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future, we'll be glad to help! Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266. I can also have one of them call you directly.

-Dan
Great to hear. Ultimately sounds like I need to talk to my dealer that I bought it from. I'd imagine that the tune isn't so crazy that it pushes the car past its limits. I would see that as bad business. Thanks for the comments!
naterz82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2013, 07:25 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Hey Guys, I couldn't get access to a sound clip internally. I am going to ask our serialized vehicle department to see if they can provide an exhaust clip on 3.7.

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:16 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
I spoke to the dealership I visit. The first person stated ANY mods voided the entire car warranty. The service manager was A LOT more reasonable. He understood that unless it's a major engine problem the CAI, tune and cat-back path usually passes muster.

Funny, 'cause I only mentioned the tune. The parts department is also able to bring in anything in the Ford Racing catalog...so it seems that modding is okay...to a point. Seeing as how I had two very different answers from the same dealership...make the call and talk to them.
Six7One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:29 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I spoke with an advisor at my dealer today on the phone and he didn't seem really to concerned about a CAI( as long as you don't mess with the existing sensors) and seemed to see no issues with axle back exhaust. As for the tuner he said obviously if a hub bearing goes bad that it would not be related but If the car throws a check engine light than that would raise a brow seeing as though you messed with the computer. All in all I have yet to find a single thing about bama related to warranty work not being warrantied when you have one of this on your car. If you wanna play you gotta pay. The risk is always there. Of course these are all personal opinions and I am still on the fence with the tuner and I want one badly.
SigStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:55 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Basic premise is that if you want 100% security for 3 years, leave it all alone. If you're fine with something less than 100% assurance, go for it.

Dealership where I bought my Stang actually sells intake, tube, and exhaust packages so you know they're aware of the market and probably offer you some additional security that route...for a premium.

I have a TruFiber hood, Airaid CAI, BAMA tune, 3.73 rear, and Magnaflow Comps. Even on a V6 she turns heads

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Ext Mods: Lower chrome billet grille, Tint
Upcoming Mods: Lowering springs
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang