July first -Ethanol free victory day in Florida - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-25-2013, 01:06 PM   #1
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
July first -Ethanol free victory day in Florida

House Bill 4001 goes into repeal law. in Florida
I'm hoping other states will join in.

This is the best thing to happen to us 3.7 V6 owners.

Dear Friends,

On July 1st the REPEAL of Florida’s burdensome ethanol mandate goes into effect (HB 4001 by Gaetz/Perry). Thank you to the countless Floridians who emailed, called and wrote legislators and Governor Rick Scott to make this important legislation a reality. You carried us across the finish line. This victory for economic freedom is yours.

Already, some gas stations across the state have anticipated our legislation by offering non-ethanol fuel. In Okaloosa County, where I live, the most recent station to take advantage of HB 4001 is the Chevron station at the foot of the Destin Bridge. More will be coming online soon as the distribution chains catch up to the desires of customers.

Passing pro-consumer legislation requires electing representatives and senators who believe in consumer choice – not government mandates. Today, I need your help to keep the momentum going.

I’ve recently announced my candidacy for the Florida Senate. I’m running against a fellow representative who stated on the floor of the House of Representatives that our ethanol repeal legislation would not have a significant impact – but we know that isn’t true. The average Floridian spends an extra $75 per year just in the loss of fuel efficiency due to ethanol. That does not include the costs of repairs that ethanol fuel requires. Trust me, your efforts to get this bill passed matter to millions of Floridians.

I hope I can count on your help for my campaign today. Please visit my website by clicking HERE and consider donating $10, $25 or even $50 as soon as possible. With your grassroots help, I know that we can continue to repeal mandates and advance the cause of economic freedom.

Thank you for working with me to pass HB 4001!

With warmest regards,
Matt Gaetz

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2013, 01:18 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Great news to hear! Need to get this done in Wisconsin. Ethanol-one of the stupidest things to ever happen. Starves the rest of the world also, since that corn can't be shipped to foreign, impoverished countries.
tgmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:00 PM   #3
Admin

Supporter
Admin

I hope this is true Ronnie, but I have a feeling.....

We must realize that while our Florida Governor signed this bill, it was a FEDERAL mandate that put ethanol in the gas. Here's an excerp from doing a search on ethanol off of the internet:
The dispute over E15 is the latest flashpoint in a long-standing battle over the Renewable Fuel Standard, approved by Congress in 2005 and amended in 2007. The law requires refiners to blend increasing amounts of ethanol into gasoline each year as a way to decrease reliance on fossil fuels and lower greenhouse gas emissions that contribute to global warming.

The Environmental Protection Agency has proposed a 16.5 billion-gallon production requirement for ethanol and other gasoline alternatives this year, up from 15.2 billion gallons last year. By 2022, the law calls for more than double that amount.

Biofuel advocates and supporters in Congress say the law has helped create more than 400,000 jobs, revitalized rural economies and helped lower foreign oil imports by more than 30 percent while reducing emissions of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases.

"The government is not saying `go ahead' " and put E15 in all cars, said Christopher Grundler, of the EPA's director of the office of transportation and air quality. "The government is saying this is legal fuel to sell if the market demands it and there are people who wish to sell it."

Ethanol supporters say E15 is cheaper than conventional gasoline and offers similar mileage to E10, the version that is sold in most U.S. stations.

Scott Zaremba, who owns a chain of gas stations in Kansas, scoffs at claims that E15 would damage older cars. "In the real world I've had zero problems" with engine breakdowns, said Zaremba, whose station in Lawrence, Kan., was the first in the nation to offer E15 last year.

But Zaremba said he had to stop selling the fuel this spring after his gasoline supplier, Phillips 66, told him he could no longer sell the E15 fuel from his regular black fuel hoses. The company said the aim was to distinguish E15 from other gasoline with less ethanol, but Zaremba said the real goal was to discourage use of E15. New pumps cost more than $100,000.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...#ixzz2XGEx3Nap

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...#ixzz2XGE7XVj4

This new candidate for the senate wants to do something about it, but like any other senator, he simply wants to get into the senate, where he will be set for life! These guys in the senate cannot even get an unanimous vote on going to the bathroom.
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2013, 05:54 PM   #4
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Hi Bucko

From what I have heard, The E15 is dead and was not passed at all because of the Auto industry lobby. They will still be allowed to sell it but only in special pumps. They can still sell E10 in Florida but they can now sell Non-Ethanol if they want to without special pumps but just marked like it is now. "MAY CONTAIN UP TO 10% ETHANOL" The stations do not have to change anything.

This is only in Florida so far. I'm sure other states will probably follow.

We just gotta wait and see how this works out.
Ronnie
Old 06-25-2013, 06:13 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Just read this today

http://m.autoblog.com/2013/06/25/sco..._river_article
Vicello93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:31 PM   #6
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Like I just said

It can be sold but it is not Mandatory that a station or company has to sell it. In Florida after July first they don't have to put any Ethanol in the gas at all unless they want to.

If they decide to sell E15 they will need to have a separate tank and marked pumps.

Ronnie
Old 06-25-2013, 08:52 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
That guy is full of himself talking about E15 not harming older vehicles. It's been shown time and time again that ethanol is more volatile and corrosive to plastics and rubbers, not a good thing for older vehicles. Also, it has to be run richer which older vehicles lack the programming to compensate for... If they burn a piston from running lean, who is going to pick up the bill? I bet no one.

It's a wonder cars get as good a gas mileage as they do these days. Despite advancements in MPG efficiency, the government is shooting itself in the foot with ethanol. It's forcing food prices up (corn prices are expensive, which means livestock fed with it costs more) and has a domino effect on other things. Develop a real alternative to gasoline, then you can start mandating its use in vehicles. Until then... leave it alone.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:04 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
That guy is full of himself talking about E15 not harming older vehicles. It's been shown time and time again that ethanol is more volatile and corrosive to plastics and rubbers, not a good thing for older vehicles. Also, it has to be run richer which older vehicles lack the programming to compensate for... If they burn a piston from running lean, who is going to pick up the bill? I bet no one.

It's a wonder cars get as good a gas mileage as they do these days. Despite advancements in MPG efficiency, the government is shooting itself in the foot with ethanol. It's forcing food prices up (corn prices are expensive, which means livestock fed with it costs more) and has a domino effect on other things. Develop a real alternative to gasoline, then you can start mandating its use in vehicles. Until then... leave it alone.
+100
I agree. I also hear that they r importing ethanol from brazil, sugar cane ethanol. But still, I have a 79 cadillac, and if the e15 comes in nj I'm screwed .. The e15 is not a good alternative, also it burns faster then gasoline so in the course of a year you will pay more. And not to mention the damage to the vehicles
Vicello93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:52 AM   #9
Admin

Supporter
Admin

All I can say is get out and vote the exisiting senate out!
Old 06-26-2013, 04:26 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
I'm so glad Oklahoma has no ethanol. It's ALL i put in my car.
ironsurvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:15 PM   #11
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
I find it kind of ironic that Oklahoma has no ethanol considering they even have a city named Corn.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:05 PM   #12
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Somebody may be mis-informed

Every state has to sell E-10 Ethanol which includes Oklahoma. It is a Federal Mandate and non ethanol gas may be sold at Marina's and airports and stations that sell fuel for farm vehicles. I'm pretty sure ironsurviver is putting E-10 in his car not realizing the 10% ethanol is in his gas. ( Unless he is getting it from a specialty station that sell non-ethanol for farm use)

The law passed in Florida does not cancel the Federal Mandate but it allows any station that wants to sell ethanol free gas to go ahead and do it with no consequences. The Federal Mandate is really not a law. It is a Communist Nazi way to get people to do something or else.

I'm hoping more states will follow Florida and stick this Mandate in the garbage where all Mandates belong. We used to be a nation of laws but now we are a nation of Mandates and the un-elected Czars.

Ronnie
Old 06-27-2013, 09:32 PM   #13
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Every state has to sell E-10 Ethanol which includes Oklahoma. It is a Federal Mandate and non ethanol gas may be sold at Marina's and airports and stations that sell fuel for farm vehicles. I'm pretty sure ironsurviver is putting E-10 in his car not realizing the 10% ethanol is in his gas. ( Unless he is getting it from a specialty station that sell non-ethanol for farm use)

The law passed in Florida does not cancel the Federal Mandate but it allows any station that wants to sell ethanol free gas to go ahead and do it with no consequences. The Federal Mandate is really not a law. It is a Communist Nazi way to get people to do something or else.

I'm hoping more states will follow Florida and stick this Mandate in the garbage where all Mandates belong. We used to be a nation of laws but now we are a nation of Mandates and the un-elected Czars.

Ronnie
Me too Ronnie! Pretty soon Georgia Hwy patrol is going to start looking for people carrying ethanol free gas across the border.

But the ethanol deal is for the corn farmers! Don't even get me started on that
Old 06-30-2013, 08:31 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
We have ethanol here, but there is also stations that do carry no ethanol and it is specifically labeled that.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:04 AM   #15
Admin

Supporter
Admin

It will take awhile for the tanks to empty out I suppose. I'll be looking for the ethenol free stuff. So far, nothing in my area.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:12 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

I've got 3 stations in my town carrying 90 octane ethanol free and I got Bama to write me a race tune for it...strongest running tune I've had!
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:50 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Mustang View Post
I've got 3 stations in my town carrying 90 octane ethanol free and I got Bama to write me a race tune for it...strongest running tune I've had!
You need a special tune to run ethanol free gas?
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:37 AM   #18
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
You need a special tune to run ethanol free gas?
No...it's just that the car runs better on the existing tunes without the ethanol, and on pure gas.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:16 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
No...it's just that the car runs better on the existing tunes without the ethanol, and on pure gas.
Yeah exactly, I think 90 ethanol free race tune pulls harder than the 93 regular gas one
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
florida