Magaflow Comp Catback - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-26-2013, 10:43 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Magaflow Comp Catback

Anybody on here running the Magaflow Comp Catback system?

Could have potential of getting this set up for a good deal and might consider replacing it over the Roush axle backs.

Good idea or bad?

An outstanding DD
dgrum04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2013, 11:14 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrum04 View Post
Anybody on here running the Magaflow Comp Catback system?

Could have potential of getting this set up for a good deal and might consider replacing it over the Roush axle backs.

Good idea or bad?
Do you have the Roush's already?? If so and you get the Magna's I'll buy your Roush's
RocknCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:26 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I have the comp catbacks. I love them. They get pretty intimidating when you're running hard and are calm when you're just driving around not wishing to stand out. If you're interested in building a sleeper v6, they're a good start.

Mustang V6 Magnaflow Competition Catback Exhaust Sound - YouTube
(The install and exhaust only sound)

2012 Mustang V6 Ride Along - YouTube
(A ride along, so you can hear it when you gun it)

Keep in mind when you listen to exhaust on video, your're actually listening to the audio being recorded, then played through speakers. The comps are LOUD but they are not full of bass, they are sharp and powerful.

I will say though that I believe this system on a v6 has two noticeable tones. The aggressive high performance sound when you're giving it a good amount of gas, and then the import rice muffler sound when riding around under 2k rpm.
+Magnaflow Competition Catback Exhaust
+BBK 73mm Throttle Body
https://www.youtube.com/user/redsixmustang
Redsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2013, 03:16 PM   #4
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
The Magnaflow Street's are the perfect muffler for the 3.7 v6, IMO. The reason I like them so much is because of their ability to be tame during cruising speeds and give a deep rumble. Then once the throttle hits the floor they completely wake up. This makes it a much more desirable muffler to use as a daily driver and is why it gets my vote!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:43 PM   #5
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Hey Shane

You are 100% correct.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:34 AM   #6

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
The Magnaflow Street's are the perfect muffler for the 3.7 v6, IMO. The reason I like them so much is because of their ability to be tame during cruising speeds and give a deep rumble. Then once the throttle hits the floor they completely wake up. This makes it a much more desirable muffler to use as a daily driver and is why it gets my vote!

Shane
Have any clips for a v6 with the magnaflow streets? The link in your message went to the gt video. Thanks!
naterz82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:43 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocknCali View Post
Do you have the Roush's already?? If so and you get the Magna's I'll buy your Roush's
When I posted this, I assume I was going to get a couple of these! I'll let you know if I ever get rid of the Roush set up. I hope you like loud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsix View Post
I have the comp catbacks. I love them. They get pretty intimidating when you're running hard and are calm when you're just driving around not wishing to stand out. If you're interested in building a sleeper v6, they're a good start. I will say though that I believe this system on a v6 has two noticeable tones. The aggressive high performance sound when you're giving it a good amount of gas, and then the import rice muffler sound when riding around under 2k rpm.
Thanks for the video's, Redsix. They do sound great at idle and they seem to really come alive at WOT. I noticed that you stated you could feel the HP gains. Was this low or high end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
You are 100% correct.
Ronnie loves some Magaflow streets! Saw this coming, that's for sure!

An outstanding DD
dgrum04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:16 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsix View Post
I have the comp catbacks. I love them. They get pretty intimidating when you're running hard and are calm when you're just driving around not wishing to stand out. If you're interested in building a sleeper v6, they're a good start.

Mustang V6 Magnaflow Competition Catback Exhaust Sound - YouTube
(The install and exhaust only sound)

2012 Mustang V6 Ride Along - YouTube
(A ride along, so you can hear it when you gun it)

Keep in mind when you listen to exhaust on video, your're actually listening to the audio being recorded, then played through speakers. The comps are LOUD but they are not full of bass, they are sharp and powerful.

I will say though that I believe this system on a v6 has two noticeable tones. The aggressive high performance sound when you're giving it a good amount of gas, and then the import rice muffler sound when riding around under 2k rpm.
I would disagree. I had the comps and they were loud even when you weren't stepping on it. They were so loud that my friends could hear me from a mile away. If your going for a stealthy exhaust I would not recommend the magnaflow comps
United States Air Force
Bonnie12V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:52 PM   #9
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by naterz82 View Post
Have any clips for a v6 with the magnaflow streets? The link in your message went to the gt video. Thanks!
Sorry about that! This is the link I should have posted. There's a video in there for you too. Let me know what you think!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:04 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I say to comps you won't regret it yeah it's loud the first few times you start it up but you get so used to it that it's not even really that loud if that makes sense haha
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:30 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicholasP View Post
I say to comps you won't regret it yeah it's loud the first few times you start it up but you get so used to it that it's not even really that loud if that makes sense haha
What you mean to say is not loud to the person driving lol . But the ol' po-po down the highway will hear you before you top that hill!
United States Air Force
Bonnie12V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:09 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrum04 View Post

When I posted this, I assume I was going to get a couple of these! I'll let you know if I ever get rid of the Roush set up. I hope you like loud!
I LOVE loud... haha please let me know I'll take em' off your hands!! I'm already saving
RocknCali is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang