How hard is it to remove louvers - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-26-2013, 11:23 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
How hard is it to remove louvers

I have a leased Mustang but I am planning on buying out the lease when it's up, unless I like the 2015 models. My question is how hard is it to remove window Louvers from the car after installation? because if decide not to keep the car I will have to remove them before returning the vehicle.
ricketkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2013, 11:35 AM   #2
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
It's two sided tape, so with some dental floss, you should be able to "cut" through the two sided tape using a long piece of it, one end grasped in each hand, and using a back and forth motion to remove it. Then clean off the tape residue off of the quarter windows and louvers (louvers will obviously need new tape to install onto new vehicle).
Old 06-26-2013, 11:58 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Okay just want my car to look different from other cars and not be mistaken for a rental, lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2013, 12:22 PM   #4
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Nothing wrong with leasing at this point; you get to drive "more car" for the lower payment, allowing you to save up for the next car purchase.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:31 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Check with your dealer before removing them. Most Ford lease returns are not put on the lot as used but sent to an auction company. The last time I leased a car they didn't require me to put it back as it was. Just a thought that might save you some time and trouble.
CandyRedStang10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:41 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Funny you said that I was told by the dealer that adding parts like the louvers etc. raises the value of the car so Ford don't mind you adding stuff to the car, even adding a spoiler is ok with them. I don't want to put my money in all these parts and don't end up keeping the car after. Do you guys think it would be a lost if I add something like a spoiler? (CS spoiler)
Old 06-27-2013, 06:10 AM   #7
Admin

Supporter
Admin

As long as you keep any stock parts to put back on the car, then I'd say have fun. Putting parts on the car and then leaving them on when you return it is, IMO, a waste of good money. Of course Ford is going to say its alright, as they benefit by you making the car easier to sell for them.

Take off any mods you put on prior to returning it (lease) and sell them. Or use them on your next Mustang if they fit. The 2015's that everyone is waiting on may not accept the mods of the 2011's to 2014's.
Old 07-14-2013, 10:55 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I would say just wait
Junior21gtz is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang