tuned - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-27-2013, 04:28 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
RocknCali's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Oceanside
Region: California
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorations View Post
I think that if you get 3.73 gears or higher, you might wanna invest in a new driveshaft, since higher gearing means more stress on our weak DS. Because they're supposed to snap at like 140 with 2.73 gears.
Yeah it's 135 with the stock 2 piece DS. you can get a sweet 1 piece aluminum DS for like $800
RocknCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-27-2013, 04:31 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Its a disease the mod bug. I'm looking for some sweet white rims to go with my Kona blue. I think white would totally pop on my color.
Do they make a white plasti dip?
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:32 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post

Do they make a white plasti dip?
Hum , good question. I don't know.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-27-2013, 04:32 PM   #39
VIG
Registered Member
Regular
 
VIG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Wilmington
Region: Delaware
Posts: 1,238
I know dipyourcar.com carries the white, but I've never seen it in a brick and mortar store.
__________________
IG: workshardplayshard
VIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:45 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
351stroker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: The Pas, Mb
Region: Canada
Posts: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironsurvivor View Post
Well i have been convinced Thanks everyone. Going to order the airaid cai and sct tuner combo from American Muscle soon
My buddy ordered the kooks longtubes, off road x pipe and the tuner with a 91octane tune for his'11. I tell you, it scared the **** out of me when I stomped on it! Crazy. Do it!!
351stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:16 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
stangerbanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Buffalo
Region: New York
Posts: 26
I've been hearing good things about tuning. Anyone have any experience with mpt. I really like the fact that they offer the ghost cam. I've heard bama does as well for the v6 but I called and they said they dont. I really like the idea of free tunes for life through bama as well. I'm undecided between the 2 ill have to do some more digging before I pull the trigger
stangerbanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:34 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
13 stang22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: fort worth
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangerbanger View Post
I've been hearing good things about tuning. Anyone have any experience with mpt. I really like the fact that they offer the ghost cam. I've heard bama does as well for the v6 but I called and they said they dont. I really like the idea of free tunes for life through bama as well. I'm undecided between the 2 ill have to do some more digging before I pull the trigger
I have MPT and mike is great. his tunes are a bit more aggressive than bama but bama does have free tunes for life
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:45 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
stangerbanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Buffalo
Region: New York
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 stang22 View Post

I have MPT and mike is great. his tunes are a bit more aggressive than bama but bama does have free tunes for life
Yeah its up in the air still. They both have there pros. Maybe ill get one of each and compare them
stangerbanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:48 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
13 stang22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: fort worth
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangerbanger View Post

Yeah its up in the air still. They both have there pros. Maybe ill get one of each and compare them
that's what I have on my sct tuner - a MPT tune and bama hybrid 93 tune. bama seems to be smoother at shifting but MPT gives you the seat of the pants feeling more. it's .2 sec quicker on my 0-60 also.
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:57 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
stangerbanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Buffalo
Region: New York
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 stang22 View Post

that's what I have on my sct tuner - a MPT tune and bama hybrid 93 tune. bama seems to be smoother at shifting but MPT gives you the seat of the pants feeling more. it's .2 sec quicker on my 0-60 also.
That's quite a bit of improvement in 0-60, maybe ill go with the mpt to start. I have a MT 6speed so I don't have to worry about shift firmness and that aspect of a tune.
stangerbanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:25 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
13 stang22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: fort worth
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangerbanger View Post

That's quite a bit of improvement in 0-60, maybe ill go with the mpt to start. I have a MT 6speed so I don't have to worry about shift firmness and that aspect of a tune.
you'll love it bro.
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:41 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular
 
RocknCali's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Oceanside
Region: California
Posts: 379
don't mean to thread jack, but can you use a BAMA tuner on a JLT carbon fiber no tune CAI??
RocknCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:16 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular
 
RocknCali's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Oceanside
Region: California
Posts: 379
don't mean to thread jack, but can you use a BAMA tuner on a JLT carbon fiber no tune CAI??
RocknCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:05 PM   #49
VIG
Registered Member
Regular
 
VIG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Wilmington
Region: Delaware
Posts: 1,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocknCali View Post
don't mean to thread jack, but can you use a BAMA tuner on a JLT carbon fiber no tune CAI??
Yeah, and if you tell Bama they'll send you a new tune if you have their tunes for life. I bet they'd be able to squeeze a couple more horses from that.
__________________
IG: workshardplayshard
VIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:07 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIG View Post

Yeah, and if you tell Bama they'll send you a new tune if you have their tunes for life. I bet they'd be able to squeeze a couple more horses from that.
American Muscle is great, they have top notch customer service and response times
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:01 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular
 
rghoover3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: indianhead
Region: Maryland
Posts: 131
What octane tuner is the best to go with though
rghoover3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:06 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular
 
BlackedStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by rghoover3
What octane tuner is the best to go with though
Octane? 93 octane if you have it
__________________
2012 V6 Performance Package
BlackedStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:09 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular
 
rghoover3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: indianhead
Region: Maryland
Posts: 131
So a bama 93 is the best to go with?
rghoover3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:44 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
I would recommend the 91 tune because not every gas station in the United States carries 93 but they all carry at least 91 or higher. If you get 93 tune then you have to use 93 octane.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:38 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I would recommend the 91 tune because not every gas station in the United States carries 93 but they all carry at least 91 or higher. If you get 93 tune then you have to use 93 octane.
+1 if u can find 93 easily then go with 93 if 91 is more common in ur area then go with 91!
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:41 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post

+1 if u can find 93 easily then go with 93 if 91 is more common in ur area then go with 91!
But what does one do when traveling to other areas away from home and that area may not carry 93. Hummmm. My vote is 91 octane. You can always use 93 octane if the gas station has it in your 91 tune car.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:58 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular
 
JAC20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

But what does one do when traveling to other areas away from home and that area may not carry 93. Hummmm. My vote is 91 octane. You can always use 93 octane if the gas station has it in your 91 tune car.
Have a 91 backup tune. That's what I have
JAC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:59 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAC20 View Post

Have a 91 backup tune. That's what I have
Well, that solves that issue. Have a 93 tune and a 91 tune . Just don't forget your performance tuner when you go away on trip. Lol
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:18 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAC20 View Post

Have a 91 backup tune. That's what I have
+1

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Well, that solves that issue. Have a 93 tune and a 91 tune . Just don't forget your performance tuner when you go away on trip. Lol
Or just switch it to 91 if ur going out of town & don't wanna carry it!
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:41 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular
 
stangerbanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Buffalo
Region: New York
Posts: 26
Well I got my tuner in Monday, I used the canned tune that came on the sct while waiting for mpt. Didn't notice much of an improvement. A little throttle response and less engine breaking, that's about it. My.custom mpt tune should be here today. I'm hoping its a little more noticeable.
stangerbanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:30 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular
 
Davestanged's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Shell beach
Region: California
Posts: 55
I don't believe anyone does the ghost tune anymore due to an issue with ford. Might be worth checking into.

As for 2 piece drive shaft snapping at 140 I disagree I have 3.73's on my manual and have had he upto 142 and didn't have any issue. Maybe if your constantly up that high or on the track this could be a problem. But all I'm hearing is DD. that's not to say the the 1 piece isn't worth getting.

As for original post get bama tune. there are more aggressive tunes out there that may net a couple extra hp but at what cost. Stick with a company with a great track record. If it proves to not be enough get her a dyno tune and you'll already have a tuner.

Hoping to have mine ordered by next month. Can't wait!
__________________
2011 GT/CS,
Roush axle back, Roush CIA, Roush suspention.
Hurst STS
J&M LCA'S
J&M adjustable panhard bar
Whiteline relocation brackets
Davestanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:06 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular
 
stangerbanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Buffalo
Region: New York
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davestanged View Post
I don't believe anyone does the ghost tune anymore due to an issue with ford. Might be worth checking into.

As for 2 piece drive shaft snapping at 140 I disagree I have 3.73's on my manual and have had he upto 142 and didn't have any issue. Maybe if your constantly up that high or on the track this could be a problem. But all I'm hearing is DD. that's not to say the the 1 piece isn't worth getting.

As for original post get bama tune. there are more aggressive tunes out there that may net a couple extra hp but at what cost. Stick with a company with a great track record. If it proves to not be enough get her a dyno tune and you'll already have a tuner.

Hoping to have mine ordered by next month. Can't wait!
MPT Performance does the ghost tune for the 3.7l v6's and from what I can find nobody has had any problems with it. They have some very good tunes as well based on dynos and times. I just got the email today containing my custom tunes. I will be uploading them when I get home from work at 6. I got a stage 2 ghost cam tune so we will see what she sounds like.
stangerbanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:27 PM   #63
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff
 
WhoDat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Anchorage
Region: Alaska
Posts: 1,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangerbanger View Post

MPT Performance does the ghost tune for the 3.7l v6's and from what I can find nobody has had any problems with it. They have some very good tunes as well based on dynos and times. I just got the email today containing my custom tunes. I will be uploading them when I get home from work at 6. I got a stage 2 ghost cam tune so we will see what she sounds like.
Post a video! I've been looking at getting MPT's stage 2 ghost cam tune
__________________
2012 Kona Blue 3.7L V6:
Borla LT headers, O/R h-pipe, Borla S-types, 3.73 gears,
Steeda adjustable UCA w/ mount, BMR LCAs, Airaid CAI,
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:48 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular
 
stangerbanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Buffalo
Region: New York
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida3.7L View Post

Post a video! I've been looking at getting MPT's stage 2 ghost cam tune
Ill try and post one tonight, if not ill get one uploaded tomorrow for sure. I only have a k&n drop in filter and a borla s-type exhaust so I'm curious to see what she sounds like
stangerbanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:04 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
I would definitely go with American Muscle bama tunes. AM may be a bit more conservative on there tunes but a few less HP and torque numbers are better than your engine getting jacked up. AM has a proven track record and there HP and torque numbers are very impressive and great. I personally would rather have a few less HP and have a totally reliable tune that won't cause engine and transmission issues.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:32 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular
 
stangerbanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Buffalo
Region: New York
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I would definitely go with American Muscle bama tunes. AM may be a bit more conservative on there tunes but a few less HP and torque numbers are better than your engine getting jacked up. AM has a proven track record and there HP and torque numbers are very impressive and great. I personally would rather have a few less HP and have a totally reliable tune that won't cause engine and transmission issues.
Well MPT does tons of tunes for many different cars. I trust their work and I have a MT so the longevity of my transmission is solely on me
stangerbanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:57 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular
 
SouthernCyclone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Schnars
Region: Alabama
Posts: 290
Foolin Ya on AFM used the stock driveshaft on his V6 stang for a long time. His car is highly modded, and dragged frequently. He was #2 behind his dad in 1/4 N/A times. I want to say he was running 12.9's when he had his stock DS and now runs 12.7's. I think hes on a upgraded DS for the 12.7.
SouthernCyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:06 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular
 
stangerbanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Buffalo
Region: New York
Posts: 26
Well I installed my 93 performance ghost cam tune by mpt and it rocks!!! Its like driving a completely different car. Ill upload a video when I'm home from work for you guys. The only aspect of the tune I chose that I now question is the advance track system being disabled all the time. It has caused a code to be thrown and my display reads service advancetrac and there are 2 traction control lights illuminated on my dash. Ill show it in my video today. I am going to call when mpt opens to see if that's normal. Other than that its a real solid tune.
stangerbanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:06 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular
 
curtin1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 964
Send a message via ICQ to curtin1991
Mine keeps saying service advance track also I got to go by the dealer soon. I don't have a tune yet though
__________________
Corey
curtin1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:19 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular
 
stangerbanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Buffalo
Region: New York
Posts: 26
Yeah I would run by the dealer its probably a sensor. Its definitely my tune causing it because it goes away when I switch to a different tune. Its just annoying looking at it and having to clear my display everytime I get in my car and wondering if something is wrong with the tune possibly. You would think a tune written with advancetrac disabled would take care of a minor nuances like that.

Is yours always like that or is it intermittent!?
stangerbanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



09:50 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.