tuned - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-12-2013, 04:38 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via ICQ to curtin1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangerbanger View Post
Yeah I would run by the dealer its probably a sensor. Its definitely my tune causing it because it goes away when I switch to a different tune. Its just annoying looking at it and having to clear my display everytime I get in my car and wondering if something is wrong with the tune possibly. You would think a tune written with advancetrac disabled would take care of a minor nuances like that.

Is yours always like that or is it intermittent!?
Intermittent . But yes the light is annoying
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2013, 04:45 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
MPT Performance does the ghost tune for the 3.7l v6's and from what I can find nobody has had any problems with it. They have some very good tunes as well based on dynos and times. I just got the email today containing my custom tunes. I will be uploading them when I get home from work at 6. I got a stage 2 ghost cam tune so we will see what she sounds like.
My mistake... That's great your able to get it. I've heard it sounds pretty good.
J&M LCA'S
J&M adjustable panhard bar
Whiteline relocation brackets
Davestanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:20 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Ghost cam video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida3.7L View Post
Post a video! I've been looking at getting MPT's stage 2 ghost cam tune
Hey guys sorry about the delayed post with the video, I held off on the upload because a car show was doing free dyno's. I tried to get in but the line was too big. Anyway heres the stage 2 ghost cam tune from MPT Performance. Those guys from MPT fricken rock. Their customer service is excellent. They happily answered all of my questions and concerns, and then proceeded to send me tunes that turned my car into a monster. It pulls twice as hard at 4000 rpms and added a good amount of low end. I now have passing power in 6th gear. If your considering a tune, DO IT, and go with MPT you wont be dissapointed.

Heres the short video, didnt do any editing yet but still a decent show of the tune. All I have is a borla s-type axle back exhaust, drop in K&N filter, and MPT Tune. Ill be hitting the track wednesday ill have a video with times. Best stock run is 9.20 in the 8th with hook up problems. Hoping to get in the 8's with the new tune installed.
Attached Files
stangerbanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2013, 03:19 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via ICQ to curtin1991
Where is the video?
Old 07-14-2013, 03:41 PM   #75
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
That ghost cam tune sounds great. Just imagine it with headers and an off-road midpipe haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtin1991 View Post
Where is the video?
If you're on the mobile app, it won't show up. Try viewing it on a desktop.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:09 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangerbanger

Hey guys sorry about the delayed post with the video, I held off on the upload because a car show was doing free dyno's. I tried to get in but the line was too big. Anyway heres the stage 2 ghost cam tune from MPT Performance. Those guys from MPT fricken rock. Their customer service is excellent. They happily answered all of my questions and concerns, and then proceeded to send me tunes that turned my car into a monster. It pulls twice as hard at 4000 rpms and added a good amount of low end. I now have passing power in 6th gear. If your considering a tune, DO IT, and go with MPT you wont be dissapointed.

Heres the short video, didnt do any editing yet but still a decent show of the tune. All I have is a borla s-type axle back exhaust, drop in K&N filter, and MPT Tune. Ill be hitting the track wednesday ill have a video with times. Best stock run is 9.20 in the 8th with hook up problems. Hoping to get in the 8's with the new tune installed.
I didnt know you could get a ghost cam tune with just axle backs. Sounds frickin sweet man. Have you had a Bama tune to compare to MPT? I always hear people saying MPT tunes are more aggressive. You should get an acceleration video.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:55 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedStang View Post

I didnt know you could get a ghost cam tune with just axle backs. Sounds frickin sweet man. Have you had a Bama tune to compare to MPT? I always hear people saying MPT tunes are more aggressive. You should get an acceleration video.
before my SC I had bama and was doin 0-60 in 4.9 sec and switched to MPT and did it in 4.6. MPT is great. bama is good also but I think bama is more conservative
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:19 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ill put up an acceleration video as soon as I can, it pulls hard
Old 07-14-2013, 08:27 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ill put up an acceleration video as soon as I can, it pulls hard
Thanks alot man , Im really curious to see the difference. We have like the same cars I think , yours is 3.31 geared and 6 spd manual right?
Old 07-14-2013, 11:01 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Thanks alot man , Im really curious to see the difference. We have like the same cars I think , yours is 3.31 geared and 6 spd manual right?
Yeah, 3.31 rear end, performance package 6sp MT. When really driving hard I don't let off the gas between shifts and now the tires break free shifting to 4th. This thing is a whole new kind of animal. I can't wait to hit the drag strip this week. If you get a MPT 93 Performance tune you'll love it, and the lope at idle sounds mean
Old 07-15-2013, 04:56 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Man I've gotta talk to my dealer and ask about tuning, I hope it's a green light. To anyone with the stock 2.73, what have you got your 60 times down to on a Bama tune? (91 octane is all I have here in SoCal)
Old 07-15-2013, 05:04 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderfreak145 View Post
Man I've gotta talk to my dealer and ask about tuning, I hope it's a green light. To anyone with the stock 2.73, what have you got your 60 times down to on a Bama tune? (91 octane is all I have here in SoCal)
2.157 was my lowest 60'. That was with CAI & 91 Bama Hybrid tune & stock 2.73s here in SoCal too!
Old 07-15-2013, 05:20 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Nice!

I should have been more specific though, I meant 0-60, it's been a long day haha!
Old 07-15-2013, 05:26 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Nice!

I should have been more specific though, I meant 0-60, it's been a long day haha!
I thought u mean 60foot times like at the track! Haha. Oops! Never measured my 0-60 tho. Where in SoCal are u?? A couple of ur from here go to the track in irwindale if ur ever interested in going let me know!
Old 07-15-2013, 05:41 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
I thought u mean 60foot times like at the track! Haha. Oops! Never measured my 0-60 tho. Where in SoCal are u?? A couple of ur from here go to the track in irwindale if ur ever interested in going let me know!
Hmm I'm in long beach but DEFINITELY know the area up there well!

I'm usually home on the weekends so if you guys head up there ill send you a PM!!
Old 07-15-2013, 05:47 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Hmm I'm in long beach but DEFINITELY know the area up there well!

I'm usually home on the weekends so if you guys head up there ill send you a PM!!
The runs are every thursday so ill let u know in advance see if u can make it!
Old 07-15-2013, 06:00 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Back when I had my 2:73 gears and tune I could roll 0-60 5.5 to 5.6..
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:37 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah, 3.31 rear end, performance package 6sp MT. When really driving hard I don't let off the gas between shifts and now the tires break free shifting to 4th. This thing is a whole new kind of animal. I can't wait to hit the drag strip this week. If you get a MPT 93 Performance tune you'll love it, and the lope at idle sounds mean
Ya we got like the same car. You should definitely post a acceleration vid like 2nd gear or something so I can compare it to my bama hybrid tune.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:24 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
So of all the company's that offer tunes, who do you feel offers the most powerful and aggressive tune? I keep hearing people say American Muscle is more conservative when making tunes. I personally am loving my hybrid tune from AM and there track record is excellent when it comes to tunes not damaging one engine or transmissions.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:32 AM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
So of all the company's that offer tunes, who do you feel offers the most powerful and aggressive tune? I keep hearing people say American Muscle is more conservative when making tunes. I personally am loving my hybrid tune from AM and there track record is excellent when it comes to tunes not damaging one engine or transmissions.
well a custom Dyno is best but when mine was N/A MPT was the s***.
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:34 AM   #91

Region: Illinois
Hi am new at car tunes I read about them but know much about them where can I find good info. on bama tunes can you still have more hp and do average city and highway driving without losing too much mpg or am I asking too much.I have bassani axle backs and a airaid cai please could use help.
2014 3.7 race red premium coupe automatic.
oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:39 AM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
Hi am new at car tunes I read about them but know much about them where can I find good info. on bama tunes can you still have more hp and do average city and highway driving without losing too much mpg or am I asking too much.I have bassani axle backs and a airaid cai please could use help.
2014 3.7 race red premium coupe automatic.
With a bama street tune as long as u keep ur foot off the gas ur mpg should stay the same maybe even increase 1-3mpg. If ur getting the tune mainly for increase mpg I don't think it's worth it but if ur getting it mainly for increase performance then it's definitely worth it IMO.
Old 07-16-2013, 06:49 AM   #93
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Been following this thread since it's start....I was up in the air as to bama tunes or the MPT; I've decided with the MPT, but it will be the 91 octane, none ghost cam tune, as 92 octane is all over in Florida, and I'm not a fan on the loping idle using extra fuel to do it. MPT offers this tune as well.

My basic 36K warranty is well over (have 49K now), and am ready to wake this 3.7 up a bit. Hope to make the order by Wednesday, and have the tune by the weekend.

Thanks to all that posted on this thread with their experiences.
Old 07-16-2013, 06:56 AM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Been following this thread since it's start....I was up in the air as to bama tunes or the MPT; I've decided with the MPT, but it will be the 91 octane, none ghost cam tune, as 92 octane is all over in Florida, and I'm not a fan on the loping idle using extra fuel to do it. MPT offers this tune as well.

My basic 36K warranty is well over (have 49K now), and am ready to wake this 3.7 up a bit. Hope to make the order by Wednesday, and have the tune by the weekend.

Thanks to all that posted on this thread with their experiences.
Let us know how the MPT tune feels! I hear nothing but good things about them!
Old 07-16-2013, 07:02 AM   #95
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Let us know how the MPT tune feels! I hear nothing but good things about them!
Will certainly do! It may be next week before it's installed, but my trips from the Daytona area to Tampa two to three times a week should be a good test for it.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:06 AM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Will certainly do! It may be next week before it's installed, but my trips from the Daytona area to Tampa two to three times a week should be a good test for it.
Definitely..sounds like some fun! Whether it's bama or MPT of whoever a tune really wakes up our 3.7s!
Old 07-16-2013, 08:55 AM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Definitely..sounds like some fun! Whether it's bama or MPT of whoever a tune really wakes up our 3.7s!
Yeah its amazing how much power can be unleashed by a tune on the new 3.7's. Its well worth the investement. I have an MPT 93 ghost cam tune on mine and I'm averaging right about the same maybe 1mpg more. I'm getting about 26mpg combined as long as I drive it real mellow. That's hard to do though because this tune makes it so much fun to put the pedal down. Ill post an acceleration video today. I got a 2nd gear pull from 3500 rpm and a 0-90 pull on video
Old 07-16-2013, 09:09 AM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah its amazing how much power can be unleashed by a tune on the new 3.7's. Its well worth the investement. I have an MPT 93 ghost cam tune on mine and I'm averaging right about the same maybe 1mpg more. I'm getting about 26mpg combined as long as I drive it real mellow. That's hard to do though because this tune makes it so much fun to put the pedal down. Ill post an acceleration video today. I got a 2nd gear pull from 3500 rpm and a 0-90 pull on video
Yea man a tune really wakes it up!!! Dam that sounds nice!! Can't wait for a video. I'm more than happy with my bama tune but now that I have LT headers & x pipe I might do a ghost cam tune for the track!
Old 07-16-2013, 10:02 AM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yea man a tune really wakes it up!!! Dam that sounds nice!! Can't wait for a video. I'm more than happy with my bama tune but now that I have LT headers & x pipe I might do a ghost cam tune for the track!
I was gona do an xpipe next and maybe headers.....how loud is it. I feel like that would be just too loud
Old 07-16-2013, 10:14 AM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I was gona do an xpipe next and maybe headers.....how loud is it. I feel like that would be just too loud
It's LOUD man!!! What exhaust are u running? I have it paired with the pype bombs & it's super loud!! I'm gonna tame it with some mufflers or resonators & see how that goes. I love the start up, idle & under 2.5k once u go above 2.5k it rasps loud but some mufflers or resonators should fix that! But I love them & they pull so hard!!
Old 07-16-2013, 10:59 AM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

It's LOUD man!!! What exhaust are u running? I have it paired with the pype bombs & it's super loud!! I'm gonna tame it with some mufflers or resonators & see how that goes. I love the start up, idle & under 2.5k once u go above 2.5k it rasps loud but some mufflers or resonators should fix that! But I love them & they pull so hard!!
I'm running just an axle back borla s-type. I don't mind a loud exhaust I just don't want it to be a stupid hey pull me over loud
Old 07-16-2013, 01:01 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'm running just an axle back borla s-type. I don't mind a loud exhaust I just don't want it to be a stupid hey pull me over loud
I think they would sound really good with borla s type because those aren't too loud like my muffler deletes! Haha. I'll let u know how it sounds once I tame it down with muffler or resonators!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang