tuned - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-26-2013, 03:48 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
ironsurvivor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Norman
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 332
tuned

I contacted my dealer the other day just asking questions about their feelings about tunes. Luckily they're pretty cool with it. I mean they said if my engine blows it's on me, but they don't make a huge deal out of just casual warranty work. So i haven't tuned the car yet, but i was wondering if anyone had any horror stories after tuning their car with a bama tune? Thanks.
ironsurvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-26-2013, 03:52 PM   #2
VIG
Registered Member
Regular
 
VIG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Wilmington
Region: Delaware
Posts: 1,238
I'm still pretty new here, but I've read almost everything there is to read on Bama tunes. I haven't heard one bad thing. It looks like they have great customer service also.
__________________
IG: workshardplayshard
VIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:55 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
DO IT. and don't look back.
someone locally asked me about a tuner, because he was looking to get one for his 2013 v6.
I told him that the first time I ever lost traction was after I installed the tune. remember it's an auto

also, if the tune is responsible for damaging the car, then Bama will usually take care of it.
In the extremely rare case that It does happen.
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-26-2013, 03:58 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
ironsurvivor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Norman
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 332
I've been doing A LOT of reading the past few days and i too have not found any horror stories. Mines an auto as well and tightening up those shift points would be fantastic. Anybody run the race tune for a daily driver? Or should i stick with performance for daily driving?
ironsurvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:32 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironsurvivor View Post
I contacted my dealer the other day just asking questions about their feelings about tunes. Luckily they're pretty cool with it. I mean they said if my engine blows it's on me, but they don't make a huge deal out of just casual warranty work. So i haven't tuned the car yet, but i was wondering if anyone had any horror stories after tuning their car with a bama tune? Thanks.
I haven't seen a posting on any forum about American Muscle having there tune jack up a engine. I have been running a tune for two years from American Muscle and its awesome and no issues. The tune is not puting any stress on the engine. Its just freeing up power the engine has been given by Ford already but locked away. There is no reason why one can't run there mustang 200k miles with a tune and proper routine maintenance. Those Ford engines are made to last.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:34 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
ricketkm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: East Orange
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 149
It looks good to me, not one complaint so for based on my research.
ricketkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:35 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
ironsurvivor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Norman
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 332
Well i have been convinced Thanks everyone. Going to order the airaid cai and sct tuner combo from American Muscle soon
ironsurvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:35 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
ebgonzalez1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironsurvivor View Post
I've been doing A LOT of reading the past few days and i too have not found any horror stories. Mines an auto as well and tightening up those shift points would be fantastic. Anybody run the race tune for a daily driver? Or should i stick with performance for daily driving?
I run the 93 hybrid tune I get about the same amount of mpg or a lil better. But oh boy its a whole different animal after it all I can tell you is when I go on a straight line cruing at like 15 and press it the car pulls and slides the tires fyi its a manual and chirp tires to 3rd gear
__________________
"Just a lil Sixxer...."
ebgonzalez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:51 PM   #9
VIG
Registered Member
Regular
 
VIG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Wilmington
Region: Delaware
Posts: 1,238
The only thing I'm debating now is whether to get the tune first or swap the 2.73 for the 3.73 gear.
__________________
IG: workshardplayshard
VIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:20 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bonnie12V6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Kansas City
Region: Missouri
Posts: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIG View Post
The only thing I'm debating now is whether to get the tune first or swap the 2.73 for the 3.73 gear.
You have to get the tune first, or have ford flash your speedometer. The 3.73's will mess up the calibration.
__________________
Ryan
'Sally' 2014 Mustang GT 5.0, Black
Shelby GT500 Axleback, Res delete, Barton shift bracket.
United States Air Force
Bonnie12V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:22 PM   #11
VIG
Registered Member
Regular
 
VIG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Wilmington
Region: Delaware
Posts: 1,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie12V6 View Post

You have to get the tune first, or have ford flash your speedometer. The 3.73's will mess up the calibration.
Right, I'd have to get the speedo recalibrated, but that's not the same as an actual tune.
__________________
IG: workshardplayshard
VIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:29 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,264
Ford does not offer a factory tune for 3.73 gears for our 3.7 therefore you will have to flash and tune to correct the speedo.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:50 PM   #13
VIG
Registered Member
Regular
 
VIG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Wilmington
Region: Delaware
Posts: 1,238
Ah, ok! Makes sense now. So would you guys agree that it's the most cost effective to just get the tune/gear package from AM?

Sorry for thread jacking.
__________________
IG: workshardplayshard
VIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:32 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bonnie12V6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Kansas City
Region: Missouri
Posts: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIG View Post
Ah, ok! Makes sense now. So would you guys agree that it's the most cost effective to just get the tune/gear package from AM?

Sorry for thread jacking.
Absolutely when they bundle you'll save some
__________________
Ryan
'Sally' 2014 Mustang GT 5.0, Black
Shelby GT500 Axleback, Res delete, Barton shift bracket.
United States Air Force
Bonnie12V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:47 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
ironsurvivor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Norman
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 332
i want a set of 3.73s as well
ironsurvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:49 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIG View Post
Ah, ok! Makes sense now. So would you guys agree that it's the most cost effective to just get the tune/gear package from AM?

Sorry for thread jacking.
Heck yeah bro. Get the performance tuner and gears. Heck get the CAI combo as well. You won't regret it. American Muscle does a great job. The gears are huge.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:09 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,264
For some reason its a few bucks more if the buy the tuner/ gear kit at 674$. If you buy it separate gear kit is 279, tuner is 379$ which is 658$. The biggest money saver combo is the CAI/tuner combo. I've invest almost 3k into my baby all from AM and by next spring it will be a least another 2k so I'm trying to get the best bang for the buck where ever I can!
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:21 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
For some reason its a few bucks more if the buy the tuner/ gear kit at 674$. If you buy it separate gear kit is 279, tuner is 379$ which is 658$. The biggest money saver combo is the CAI/tuner combo. I've invest almost 3k into my baby all from AM and by next spring it will be a least another 2k so I'm trying to get the best bang for the buck where ever I can!
American Muscle is like crack. Its so darn addicting. Its like a candy store for adults. I want I want I want. Just when I say I'm done, I want more things. Lmao
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:22 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
ironsurvivor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Norman
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 332
Tell me about it. I have close to 3k in parts sitting in my cart 0.o
ironsurvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:24 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

American Muscle is like crack. Its so darn addicting. Its like a candy store for adults. I want I want I want. Just when I say I'm done, I want more things. Lmao
+100000000000
I think my wife is gonna check me into the Henry Ford clinic! Lol
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:51 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post

+100000000000
I think my wife is gonna check me into the Henry Ford clinic! Lol
Lmao. Ain't that the truth. I think my wife wants to call A&E and put me on the show Interdiction. Darn you American Muscle for carrying such awesome stuff for the stang. Lol
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:27 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
RocknCali's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Oceanside
Region: California
Posts: 379
I was also wondering about that. just picked up my 3.73's and the next is CAI. Will the tune recalibrate the speedo or do I have to take it to a shop??
RocknCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:30 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocknCali View Post
I was also wondering about that. just picked up my 3.73's and the next is CAI. Will the tune recalibrate the speedo or do I have to take it to a shop??
The tune will take care of the speedo
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:44 AM   #24
Registered User
Newbie
 
naterz82's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 11
Wow. I wonder how much crazier the 3.73's would be. My '13 v6 with the performance package came with 3.31's.....and they're SO TALL. Rubber in first three gears, snaps 0-60 in 5.1ish. 3.73's would put you under 5 seconds I'd imagine! Especially with a 93 race tune.

Sounds dreamy haha. After reading all this thread, I like to hear that Bama stands behind their products. I've been stagnant a bit about getting a tune. The warranty is good piece of mind and don't want to ruin it. It appears that Bama would step in if Ford gave any grief. Which I doubt it would.
naterz82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:35 AM   #25
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironsurvivor View Post
I contacted my dealer the other day just asking questions about their feelings about tunes. Luckily they're pretty cool with it. I mean they said if my engine blows it's on me, but they don't make a huge deal out of just casual warranty work. So i haven't tuned the car yet, but i was wondering if anyone had any horror stories after tuning their car with a bama tune? Thanks.
That's awesome, most dealers have that same approach! We can definitely hook you up with a Bama tune, that will make you fall in love with your Mustang all over again...

Let me tell you a little bit about how we write our tunes! For every Bama Tune we ask you 19 questions about your specific Mustang, including your unique mods and style of driving. This info helps us write custom tunes from the ground-up for your Mustang's mods that will give you the most horsepower that we can safely deliver. We're also constantly developing our tunes! Between our 14 different Project Mustangs and tons of street/track and dyno testing (on our in-house Dynojet 224xLC), we're looking for any minor tweaks to be made that can benefit you guys. We're also part of Fords Technology Transfer Program & Work very closely with Ford to insure that all of our tunes are perfect!

Last but not least, our free tunes for life program. Anytime you add a new modification to your vehicle, just let us know and we'll get a revised file sent out the same day!

I hope this helps with your decision. Please let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future! Our Bama Performance tuning specialists are here in the building Monday-Friday from 9AM-5:30PM EST and Saturday 9AM-5:30PM EST. You can hit them up directly at 888.226.9764 and they'll get you squared away!

-Dan
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266| Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:17 AM   #26
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
+1,000,000 to AM the only company to by your mods from!!!
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:22 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post

That's awesome, most dealers have that same approach! We can definitely hook you up with a Bama tune, that will make you fall in love with your Mustang all over again...

Let me tell you a little bit about how we write our tunes! For every Bama Tune we ask you 19 questions about your specific Mustang, including your unique mods and style of driving. This info helps us write custom tunes from the ground-up for your Mustang's mods that will give you the most horsepower that we can safely deliver. We're also constantly developing our tunes! Between our 14 different Project Mustangs and tons of street/track and dyno testing (on our in-house Dynojet 224xLC), we're looking for any minor tweaks to be made that can benefit you guys. We're also part of Fords Technology Transfer Program & Work very closely with Ford to insure that all of our tunes are perfect!

Last but not least, our free tunes for life program. Anytime you add a new modification to your vehicle, just let us know and we'll get a revised file sent out the same day!

I hope this helps with your decision. Please let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future! Our Bama Performance tuning specialists are here in the building Monday-Friday from 9AM-5:30PM EST and Saturday 9AM-5:30PM EST. You can hit them up directly at 888.226.9764 and they'll get you squared away!

-Dan
This is why I've spent almost 3k with AM! And a lot more to come!
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:06 PM   #28
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post

This is why I've spent almost 3k with AM! And a lot more to come!
I'm up to $2800. I need to slow down before my wife goes from being a little upset to totally pissed. In the last year i bought CAI & tuner, super snake stripe, rocker stripes, hash marks, marker and third brake light tint, tinted headlight covers, Powered by Ford emblems, staggered charcoal AMR wheels with Nitto 555 tires and my final purchase till next spring is my SR springs, pan hard bar and camber bolts. I figure next income tax will be 3.73 or 4.10 gears, dive shaft, upper and lower control arms, strut tower brace and catback with an H pipe. Then I'm hoping in two years for the Procharger and headers. So i think my final mod price by spring of 2015 will be around $11,000. It is very addictive!!!
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:07 PM   #29
VIG
Registered Member
Regular
 
VIG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Wilmington
Region: Delaware
Posts: 1,238
That's quite a shopping list! I am going to start small, but I know that once the mod bug bites it doesn't go away.
__________________
IG: workshardplayshard
VIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:15 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastV6 View Post

I'm up to $2800. I need to slow down before my wife goes from being a little upset to totally pissed. In the last year i bought CAI & tuner, super snake stripe, rocker stripes, hash marks, marker and third brake light tint, tinted headlight covers, Powered by Ford emblems, staggered charcoal AMR wheels with Nitto 555 tires and my final purchase till next spring is my SR springs, pan hard bar and camber bolts. I figure next income tax will be 3.73 or 4.10 gears, dive shaft, upper and lower control arms, strut tower brace and catback with an H pipe. Then I'm hoping in two years for the Procharger and headers. So i think my final mod price by spring of 2015 will be around $11,000. It is very addictive!!!
Haha
Just 11000
My list came up to about 26k
But it'll kill anything in any competition
BUILD THE SIX!!!!! Lol
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:39 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastV6 View Post

I'm up to $2800. I need to slow down before my wife goes from being a little upset to totally pissed. In the last year i bought CAI & tuner, super snake stripe, rocker stripes, hash marks, marker and third brake light tint, tinted headlight covers, Powered by Ford emblems, staggered charcoal AMR wheels with Nitto 555 tires and my final purchase till next spring is my SR springs, pan hard bar and camber bolts. I figure next income tax will be 3.73 or 4.10 gears, dive shaft, upper and lower control arms, strut tower brace and catback with an H pipe. Then I'm hoping in two years for the Procharger and headers. So i think my final mod price by spring of 2015 will be around $11,000. It is very addictive!!!
Final mod price $ 11,000. Divorce price, bankrupt. Lol
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:41 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Final mod price $ 11,000. Divorce price, bankrupt. Lol
Lmao!
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:45 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post

Lmao!
Its a disease the mod bug. I'm looking for some sweet white rims to go with my Kona blue. I think white would totally pop on my color.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130627_164525.png
Views:	160
Size:	572.2 KB
ID:	115860



Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130627_164557.png
Views:	166
Size:	750.5 KB
ID:	115861
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:59 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
RocknCali's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Oceanside
Region: California
Posts: 379
my build list is a modest $8000.... I do a lot of highway driving so nothing too crazy
RocknCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:13 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
Taylorations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 333
I think that if you get 3.73 gears or higher, you might wanna invest in a new driveshaft, since higher gearing means more stress on our weak DS. Because they're supposed to snap at like 140 with 2.73 gears.
Taylorations is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



11:55 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.