Need HELP with exhaust, please :) - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-27-2013, 09:55 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Need HELP with exhaust, please :)

Hi there pals,

So I got my first stang 2 months ago. I was wanting to go for a charger but I absolutely fell in love with a pony as soon as I test drove one.

Just like every other performance enthusiast, I am a sucker for performance mods lol. After doing my research, the first thing I bought was a magnaflow catback (my local job only had competition series in stock at that time..impulse buy if I may call it lol). As per the review on AM, it was supposed to be one of the nicest exhausts out there - minimal drone, sweet deep rumble, increased throttle response etc, and hence I shelled out 800 bucks for it.

What it turned out to be? Exactly what I didn't want!! Freakin obnoxious drone after 2000 rpms and some serious head aches that came with it, it sounded more like a blown up speaker! No noticeable increase in throlle response (I use 92 octane). I took it out 2 days later..

So my question is- should I have rather gone for street series or just an axle back set up? If so, which ones would you suggest?

-not obnoxiously loud to make me look like a ricer, minimal drone when I'm going up the hill/pushing the pedal. Just a deep growl that is pleasent to ears.

I know a common solution would be to go online and listen to sound clips. But i guess on a practical level, the sound quality from youtube doesnt really

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130627_195541.png
Views:	125
Size:	681.2 KB
ID:	115916

help. Any suggestion would be welcome
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2013, 10:24 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Sound clips are a good start but they do not properly represent how it sounds in person. Kinda like you gotta hear it to fear it, I woulda drop that $800 for some long tubes , off- road h pipe or pro chamber, pypes m80's would give you a nice rumble with borla or SLP axle backs....
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:27 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Borla atak/s type - enough said.
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2013, 11:37 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Thanks bud! Have you guys had any experience with roush/flowmaster/bassani axle backs?
Or if someone from Vancouver area (BC) has em on their 2011+ v6 so that I could hear the sound in person?
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:40 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11
Thanks bud! Have you guys had any experience with roush/flowmaster/bassani axle backs?
Or if someone from Vancouver area (BC) has em on their 2011+ v6 so that I could hear the sound in person?
I had bassani on my new edge and it gives a nice low rumber
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:41 AM   #6
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Unfortunately, the responses are low. I think this is because this site averages about 3 to 5 exhaust type posts a week. If you want some additional opinions, type in "exhaust", or "axle back" in the search window. Prior to selecting the return, have a cold beverage of choice ready, as you will have plenty of posts to read through.

Welcome aboard. Glad to have you!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

« pypes | NJ owners »