Ford sync question BT - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-28-2013, 09:12 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
ricketkm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: East Orange
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 149
Ford sync question BT

When connected to BT is there an option so that the media that's playing is displayed is showed on the screen and not Bluetooth audio?
ricketkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-28-2013, 09:33 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Kona Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Boynton black
Region: Florida
Posts: 183
No
Kona Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:57 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
fordfan100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 607
No has to be connected via USB. Also if your iPhone is plugged into USB and you play music but your Bluetooth is on and linked to sync it will play as Bluetooth audio
fordfan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-29-2013, 07:02 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Deibo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Killeen
Region: Texas
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfan100 View Post
No has to be connected via USB. Also if your iPhone is plugged into USB and you play music but your Bluetooth is on and linked to sync it will play as Bluetooth audio
My sync plays USB over BT if I plug it in. Even with the BT still on.
Deibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:07 PM   #5
Registered User
Newbie
 
Roxy1689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Waco
Region: Texas
Posts: 6
I've noticed this too... If I'm playing via BT and I plug my iPhone in to its USB charger it automatically shuts off the BT and syncs USB then it's hard to get it to swap back over to BT. I know I can just use USB to play music but its easier to do BT. That and it's a pain that the car does it without being told to

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

Also my 2014 will display the information of the singer/ song on the radio in either one.. BT or USB.. U just gotta go into ur media menu to get it to display. I dunno if this is what ur asking.. But once it displays the info I can actually control my iPhone through my radio... Change songs and etc.
Roxy1689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:30 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
ricketkm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: East Orange
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxy1689 View Post
I've noticed this too... If I'm playing via BT and I plug my iPhone in to its USB charger it automatically shuts off the BT and syncs USB then it's hard to get it to swap back over to BT. I know I can just use USB to play music but its easier to do BT. That and it's a pain that the car does it without being told to

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

Also my 2014 will display the information of the singer/ song on the radio in either one.. BT or USB.. U just gotta go into ur media menu to get it to display. I dunno if this is what ur asking.. But once it displays the info I can actually control my iPhone through my radio... Change songs and etc.
So you're telling me u can see info via BT in your 2014???
ricketkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:21 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Deibo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Killeen
Region: Texas
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxy1689 View Post
I've noticed this too... If I'm playing via BT and I plug my iPhone in to its USB charger it automatically shuts off the BT and syncs USB then it's hard to get it to swap back over to BT. I know I can just use USB to play music but its easier to do BT. That and it's a pain that the car does it without being told to

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

Also my 2014 will display the information of the singer/ song on the radio in either one.. BT or USB.. U just gotta go into ur media menu to get it to display. I dunno if this is what ur asking.. But once it displays the info I can actually control my iPhone through my radio... Change songs and etc.
I tried it but it didn't work.
Deibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 03:02 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
ricketkm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: East Orange
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deibo View Post

I tried it but it didn't work.
I would love to see this work.
ricketkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 06:07 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fenderfreak145's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Washington DC
Region: Virginia
Posts: 133
Same here I would love to see the iPhone display the info on the screen.

Another heads up but iOS 7 doesn't change anything either. It's still the same ol display.

(Still can't text with an iPhone and SYNC)
__________________
2016 Black GT PP
Fenderfreak145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:48 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Deibo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Killeen
Region: Texas
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderfreak145 View Post
Same here I would love to see the iPhone display the info on the screen.

Another heads up but iOS 7 doesn't change anything either. It's still the same ol display.

(Still can't text with an iPhone and SYNC)
You have IOS 7?
Deibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 01:53 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
ricketkm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: East Orange
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 149
Some how I was messing with my radio and now when playing the radio it displays the stations info and music info. Don't ask me how I did it lol..
ricketkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:28 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Deibo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Killeen
Region: Texas
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricketkm View Post
Some how I was messing with my radio and now when playing the radio it displays the stations info and music info. Don't ask me how I did it lol..
Satellite radio?
Deibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:39 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
ricketkm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: East Orange
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deibo View Post

Satellite radio?
Nope regular radio
ricketkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:54 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Deibo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Killeen
Region: Texas
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricketkm View Post

Nope regular radio
Headed back to my stang. Lol
Deibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 04:50 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
kdbdallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Region: Arizona
Posts: 187
If you stream audio over Bluetooth it will not show song data, doesn't matter if it's plugged into the USB or not.

If you plugin to the USB and press the talk button and say "USB" it will let you play audio using your standard music app, Sirius XM app, Pandora, etc. basically most things should play however only some apps will show the song data (depends on the app) like if you use the Sirius XM app (so it uses the Internet instead of satellite) it won't show the song data unless you use the MYSXM feature (at least from my testing)
Using USB also let's you use the voice commands to play certain songs, etc (ex: "Play Playlist Mustang", Play All, Shuffle, etc)

The car can get wacky sometimes like saying there is no USB connected when there is (unplug and try again) and sometimes will stop displaying song info all together
__________________
2013 V6 Black

"These cars are meant to be driven", so enjoy the hell out of all of it - not just the look of it when it is all clean" - Carroll Shelby
kdbdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:36 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
ricketkm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: East Orange
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbdallas View Post
If you stream audio over Bluetooth it will not show song data, doesn't matter if it's plugged into the USB or not.

If you plugin to the USB and press the talk button and say "USB" it will let you play audio using your standard music app, Sirius XM app, Pandora, etc. basically most things should play however only some apps will show the song data (depends on the app) like if you use the Sirius XM app (so it uses the Internet instead of satellite) it won't show the song data unless you use the MYSXM feature (at least from my testing)
Using USB also let's you use the voice commands to play certain songs, etc (ex: "Play Playlist Mustang", Play All, Shuffle, etc)

The car can get wacky sometimes like saying there is no USB connected when there is (unplug and try again) and sometimes will stop displaying song info all together
But soomeone just said his music info show via BT ???
ricketkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:56 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fenderfreak145's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Washington DC
Region: Virginia
Posts: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deibo View Post
You have IOS 7?
Yeah I'm a registered developer.

Working on a couple of apps but it's a lot harder than I thought it was going to be.
__________________
2016 Black GT PP
Fenderfreak145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:35 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
kdbdallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Region: Arizona
Posts: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricketkm View Post
But soomeone just said his music info show via BT ???
It doesn't...

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderfreak145 View Post
Yeah I'm a registered developer. Working on a couple of apps but it's a lot harder than I thought it was going to be.
Hahaha

I work professionally as an iPhone developer (I do Mac programming as well).
I have for 6 years.

It's a lot more work then people think. Especially if you want a good looking, polished app without bugs
__________________
2013 V6 Black

"These cars are meant to be driven", so enjoy the hell out of all of it - not just the look of it when it is all clean" - Carroll Shelby
kdbdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



08:37 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.