Rough day for my baby - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-28-2013, 05:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Rough day for my baby

Took her to ford this am to have the oil changed. They ended up replacing the battery so after 3 hours at the dealer I jump in her to head across town for a work meeting the flippin a/c decided to stop blowing cold. And to top it off the car is black with black leather and it's 119• degrees here in Phoenix today.
Ntbruncie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2013, 05:37 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
I doubt your battery was dead...mine last 10 years or more.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:39 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
try to get it moving to move air thru the A/C condenser coils, your engine compartment inside is probably like 155+.
At 98 last weekend in ohio, after sitting in the sun during a lunch, the intake air was 135, and my AC was not blowing cold on my 2013. Got in on the open road, droped to 98 on the intake matching outside and the AC was cold again.
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2013, 06:10 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
I doubt your battery was dead...mine last 10 years or more.
They said it was on its way out so they replaced it under warranty

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtU View Post
try to get it moving to move air thru the A/C condenser coils, your engine compartment inside is probably like 155+.
At 98 last weekend in ohio, after sitting in the sun during a lunch, the intake air was 135, and my AC was not blowing cold on my 2013. Got in on the open road, droped to 98 on the intake matching outside and the AC was cold again.
Sitting still or going slow or even on the free way it was blowing warm so idk I dropped it off at the dealer it's still under warranty
Old 06-28-2013, 06:21 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
A bird crapped on mine this week and screwed up the clear coat....so I feel ya man.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:52 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Kewl Ntbruncie! Glad you got yours cover during the warranty!
BTW, on all the new trucks and cars I have bought in the last 15 years; 3 years the stock battery is crapped out for true duty. You might get by, but it wont hold to the true deep cycles you need to be safe. Like going on a 14 day car trip and come back and the truck wont start; Yep time to replace it. On replacements, I put the best AGM battery in my truck and likely will in my 'Stang in 2 more year.

I still find most AC issues; House, Car, Truck, RV always "seem" to happen on the hottest days of a weather run in a season

Art (My truck was not run for 2 weeks yet today, but just a few clicks ago the AGM battery kicked the Donkey like it was brand new
Old 06-29-2013, 12:15 AM   #7
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
You know, I've noticed on mine too that the AC acts kind of funky sometimes.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:11 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
My Ac also acts funny sometimes. Under normal driving it will sometimes stop blowing cold air for like 15 seconds then it gets cold again?!
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 05:15 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Ok so an update. I called the service advisor at the dealer this morning around 11 and they said they couldn't find anything they said it was blowing 60degr out the vents. They tried to tell me it's cause my car is black with black int. and it could take up to 30 mins to cool down. That kinda upset me so I told him this happened after I got the car back from them doing the oil change and replacing the battery so my car sat in the air conditioned shop for 3 hours so it shouldn't have been that hot. I could understand if it sat out in the direct sunlight and heat all day then got in it to drive somewhere. I told them to keep the car and keep looking I want it fixed.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:56 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntbruncie View Post
...I told him this happened after I got the car back from them doing the oil change and replacing the battery so my car sat in the air conditioned shop for 3 hours so it shouldn't have been that hot. I could understand if it sat out in the direct sunlight and heat all day then got in it to drive somewhere. I told them to keep the car and keep looking I want it fixed.
Are you sure it was always in their air controlled environment? My hidden cam on my last dealer service showed that they worked on the car in no time, parked it outside, and 20 mins later told me it was ready as they worked the service paper in paper out rather than who got done first.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:31 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtU View Post

Are you sure it was always in their air controlled environment? My hidden cam on my last dealer service showed that they worked on the car in no time, parked it outside, and 20 mins later told me it was ready as they worked the service paper in paper out rather than who got done first.
Yes I'm sure. The tech pulled into his bay and pulled out the battery to replace it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang