Major issue - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-28-2013, 09:19 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Major issue

So I have a 13 pp auto with an airaid intake and tonight I was driving home like normal . I had it in sport mode for a little bit then put it back to regular drive , about 30 seconds later I noticed that it was becoming unresponsive , I would give it gas and wouldn't recognize it for about 4 seconds but would lose power . I then noticed on my screen that it would not indicate it was in drive . I pulled over , turned the car off and started it up again. Once again it would not recognize what gear it was is on the screen (p n r d ) it would also not respond correctly . If I put it into sport mode it would work though . So I got home disconnected the battery and it still is doing the same . Sounds like a computer problem to me . Anyone else have this issue??
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2013, 09:30 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
You should still be under warranty I would call your dealer and get it looked at
fordfan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:32 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfan100 View Post
You should still be under warranty I would call your dealer and get it looked at
Yea I'm going to try , I just don't want them giving me crap about the intake
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2013, 09:37 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
They honestly can't not unless they can prove it caused the issue
fordfan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:39 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfan100 View Post
They honestly can't not unless they can prove it caused the issue
True , I don't think it would have caused the issue . It just seems like a computer issue it's weird . I'm afraid to drive it until I can get it to the dealer ,
Old 06-28-2013, 09:41 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I feel like I have read of these similar issues when the throttle body has gone bad. Keep us posted on what the dealer says and if they give your trouble with your mod!
SigStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:59 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigStang View Post
I feel like I have read of these similar issues when the throttle body has gone bad. Keep us posted on what the dealer says and if they give your trouble with your mod!
Do you think I should put my stock intake in so they don't give me an issue with the throttle body?
Old 06-29-2013, 12:11 AM   #8
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
I honestly don't think they're going to bust your chops for a CAI. If it gives you peace of mind though you could take the 20 minutes and put the stock air box back in. The throttle body is a pretty well known issue in our 3.7s.
Old 06-29-2013, 04:56 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Ok ill prolly bring it in Monday . It's just weird that the gear selected doesn't show on the display that's what is confusing me
Old 06-29-2013, 08:24 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I just called my dealer and spoke with an advisor about adding a CAI and he said I should have no issues with the warranty with this. He also added as long as its not messing with the existing sensors you should be fine. If your really concerned put it back to stock before you take her in.
Old 06-30-2013, 03:39 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigStang View Post
I just called my dealer and spoke with an advisor about adding a CAI and he said I should have no issues with the warranty with this. He also added as long as its not messing with the existing sensors you should be fine. If your really concerned put it back to stock before you take her in.
Well I found out what one of the problems was. So I decided to unplug the battery for 30 minutes to see if that would help and when examining the intake I notices the MAF sensor was hanging out of the intake. Apparently at some point the screws must have got loose and feel out leaving the sensor just sitting and hanging causing the lag. I still have no clue how they came out considering they were as tight as can be and I only put 3000 miles on the intake. Long story short got that fixed and it drives like new. The issue that still remains is on my small display on my speedometer it still wont say when its in park , drive, etc, only when in sport mode. Im assuming thats computer related and nothing major, since the car is now running fine.
Old 06-30-2013, 05:52 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliottxspyder View Post

Well I found out what one of the problems was. So I decided to unplug the battery for 30 minutes to see if that would help and when examining the intake I notices the MAF sensor was hanging out of the intake. Apparently at some point the screws must have got loose and feel out leaving the sensor just sitting and hanging causing the lag. I still have no clue how they came out considering they were as tight as can be and I only put 3000 miles on the intake. Long story short got that fixed and it drives like new. The issue that still remains is on my small display on my speedometer it still wont say when its in park , drive, etc, only when in sport mode. Im assuming thats computer related and nothing major, since the car is now running fine.
Great to here you got atleast one part figured out!
Old 07-07-2013, 04:51 PM   #13

Region: New Jersey
My stang on sports mode doesnt shift up but shifts down.. It just stopped working. It worked fine when i put my CAI but after a couple 100 miles it just wants to stop shifting up.. Anyone no why?
Hotpocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:22 AM   #14
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliottxspyder View Post

I don't think that any Mustangs display the gear/park etc in the display so nothing wrong with thst
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:29 AM   #15
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotpocket View Post
My stang on sports mode doesnt shift up but shifts down.. It just stopped working. It worked fine when i put my CAI but after a couple 100 miles it just wants to stop shifting up.. Anyone no why?
Did you hit the +/- button? If so then you advanced to manual mode. It will ddownshift like an automatic but you have to upshift. If you just go to S mode and don't touch the +/- it will be automatic with a more aggressive shift tune and OD is locked out.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:33 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post

Did you hit the +/- button? If so then you advanced to manual mode. It will ddownshift like an automatic but you have to upshift. If you just go to S mode and don't touch the +/- it will be automatic with a more aggressive shift tune and OD is locked out.
I do hit the +/- but it doesnt shift up.. When i hit the - it down shifts when i hit + it doesnt budge at all
Old 07-08-2013, 09:25 AM   #17
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotpocket View Post

I do hit the +/- but it doesnt shift up.. When i hit the - it down shifts when i hit + it doesnt budge at all
Does it shift on its own when you just go to S and don't hit the +/-? It sounds like a program issue or a problem with the button. If it will shift as a S automatic then I suspect a problem with the button.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:53 AM   #18

Quote:

Does it shift on its own when you just go to S and don't hit the +/-? It sounds like a program issue or a problem with the button. If it will shift as a S automatic then I suspect a problem with the button.
No it doesnt shift on its own.. I think its a program issue too but when i hold it hard it shifts but it doesnt make any sense cuz it just stopped working well idk if a tuner can fix it or back to the dealer but they're gonna ***** about my exhaust and intake
Old 07-08-2013, 10:47 AM   #19
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
I don't think that any Mustangs display the gear/park etc in the display so nothing wrong with thst
OP,

I was under the same impression as JimC, too. Now you're making me double guess myself lol.

I'm glad you figured out the issue though. If you want to insure the MAF is secure for the future, I do have one suggestion. Pick up a small tube of Blue lock-tight and apply a little to the bolts. This will definitely keep the bolts from backing out in the future, but won't cause the threads the be stripped if the MAF is taken out again.

Hope this helps!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang