STOP! Brake time - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-01-2013, 08:49 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
STOP! Brake time

Ok let's hop in y'all!

I have warped my brakes very badly. So bad that I have to press my brakes all the way down to get them to stop. I suspect it's the pads and rotors now. It'll knock and bump coming down to speed. And the pads almost don't want to stop it. The pedal feel is fine but it feels like I have to stand on it to get them to stop.

I'm looking at oem or slotted rotors. Also getting caliper covers. Don't know if that is important lol
But also my father told me ceramics wear down rotors??? What should I do as far as brakes?

Btw it's a daily driver and I am a heavy, late braker....sadly
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2013, 08:53 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
U gotta definitely brake earlier. That's dangerous bro but why not have somebody try to turn the rotors? If they are warped, they will be able to tell u. As far as pads, the harder the pad product, the tougher they are on the rotor. Sounds like the main thing is to get something on there soon.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:18 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post
U gotta definitely brake earlier. That's dangerous bro but why not have somebody try to turn the rotors? If they are warped, they will be able to tell u. As far as pads, the harder the pad product, the tougher they are on the rotor. Sounds like the main thing is to get something on there soon.
The funny thing is I used to baby my car so badly that I would stop 100 feet early and leave a good amount of space like a normal driver. Now it's like oh crap brake and it just kinda slides. Feels as if there is now real power behind it. Also when I come to about 05-00 mph it shifts down and throws the car, causing me to brake harder. Auto probz
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2013, 09:24 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Damn bro get those changed ASAP. Also good advice from ubnbit, take them to Napa and see if they can turn the rotors. And Any pad is better than the ones you have lol
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:32 PM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
Agreed. U can walk away with 115$ worth of brakes and the life u save might be ur own.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:41 AM   #6
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
By now, it sounds like the rotors may also be glazed. I'd have a shop see if they can be turned, as long as they are not too warped. If your braking is "last second stops", I'd look into slotted rotors at the very least, as the slots help remove the gasses caused by heat, caused by sudden and frequent braking, such as race track conditions. Usually these are over kill for standard street use, unless you tow a heavy load, such as what a truck would do.

The pads are most likely shot now as well.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:39 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Few guys on here swear up and down about brake motive rotors. He's had them on since 2010 and still not a problem. Also drags and auto x his car. They want 235 for all 4 corners and pads. It's an eBay shop but from what I read, camaro, corvette, mustang, and Nissan drivers go crazy about them and only a few have been bad experiences due to not breaking in the brakes properly

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
By now, it sounds like the rotors may also be glazed. I'd have a shop see if they can be turned, as long as they are not too warped. If your braking is "last second stops", I'd look into slotted rotors at the very least, as the slots help remove the gasses caused by heat, caused by sudden and frequent braking, such as race track conditions. Usually these are over kill for standard street use, unless you tow a heavy load, such as what a truck would do.

The pads are most likely shot now as well.
My last mustang I went through a set of rotors and pads as well right before I sold it. Was on bare metal on the passenger side(problem side with camber as well) I don't want an experience like that again.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang