This may be heresy... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-08-2013, 04:51 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
This may be heresy...

What sites other than AmericanMuscle do you guys find parts for our cars? I found the Borla touring for 70 bucks less shipped at autoanything and free shipping (before a 12% coupon). But they aren't as Mustang-centric as I would hope.

I like AM and am waiting for my first two orders...but I want to be able to shop around too.

Thanks guys/gals.
Six7One is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2013, 05:03 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six7One View Post
What sites other than AmericanMuscle do you guys find parts for our cars? I found the Borla touring for 70 bucks less shipped at autoanything and free shipping (before a 12% coupon). But they aren't as Mustang-centric as I would hope.

I like AM and am waiting for my first two orders...but I want to be able to shop around too.

Thanks guys/gals.
I think autoanything is a good place too. I bought shorty headers and my bbk tb from them. The pricing is cheaper than AM. But I did buy my gear and tuner combo from AM. Other than those two places all other sites are about the same with pricing, IMO.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:11 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six7One View Post

Thanks guys/gals.
I purchased the Boss Strut Tower Brace from CJ Pony and it was a 60 dollar difference compared to AM and free shipping.
SigStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2013, 05:30 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
If AM carries that item ? They do have a price match.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:37 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by maldog View Post
If AM carries that item ? They do have a price match.
But why go through the phone calls and matching when you can get it right there and now.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:56 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamp1 View Post
But why go through the phone calls and matching when you can get it right there and now.
^^^^^ My thoughts exactly
SigStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:13 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

yeah but I'd prefer to buy through a heavily trusted source such as AM and if they price matched I'm sure they would get a TON more business
RocknCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:24 PM   #8
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

One good reason is this:

American Muscle as well as Cj Pony parts sponsor this web site. They also will price match if you find something they sell cheaper.
I personally like American Muscle because they are total Mustang people and all of their staff are reachable. They give a discount on everything to the forum members that have the proper number of posts.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:33 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

All good points. I will try price matching at least once. If it is at all like some places, I go where it's cheaper from then on. 5 bucks or so on a $100 item is nothing. But 60 or 70 is significant. Especially since that money can be spent at AM on blackout parts...
Old 07-08-2013, 07:34 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
American Muscle as well as Cj Pony parts sponsor this web site. They also will price match if you find something they sell cheaper.
I personally like American Muscle because they are total Mustang people and all of their staff are reachable. They give a discount on everything to the forum members that have the proper number of posts.

Ronnie
can we price match plus get a forum discount?
RocknCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:05 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Now THAT would be awesome.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:16 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
AM, late model restoration, Cj pony parts, mrt performance for SOME things, blue oval industries.

I mainly use AM though because of the discount.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:36 AM   #13
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Because in most cases, they'll even beat it. For a few dollars saved, I'll call.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:32 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Because in most cases, they'll even beat it. For a few dollars saved, I'll call.
Im sure they would but if I can get it discounted without hanging up and making another call, having them look for the site, and then saying "OK we will match it". When I can buy it right there without the hassle then Im cool with that. Auto Anything is a reputable site also, they do not sell everything AM does, however, certain parts are cheaper. I like American Muscles by far but when it comes to pricing I go with the whats cheaper. Oh and BTW, Auto anything orders from the same manufacturer AM does, so I don't see a difference, IMO.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:56 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Those are my feelings too in most cases. I will try the price match process at least once. Seeing that shipping is free, it's a level playing field.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:41 AM   #16
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Thanks for all the kinds words about our Business, we really appreciate it. We would really love to have all of our business and will always do whatever it takes to offer you the best experience and get you the lowest price possible. With our 6% forums exclusive discount and free standard shipping, we're usually the lowest price out there! However, if we're still not we will gladly price match.

This process only takes a couple minutes, just give our CS team a call and let them know what you'd like to accomplish. All we need is the Website name & we'll verify the price in just a second and match it without a problem!

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:36 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks Dan!
Will the price match AND 6% be applicable? Or at least be the same?
Old 07-15-2013, 12:56 PM   #18
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Why? To save money, and honor a good sponser of this site. It's only a few minutes to make a call.....and my time is cheap when it comes to saving 60 bucks!
Old 07-15-2013, 02:49 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Why? To save money, and honor a good sponser of this site. It's only a few minutes to make a call.....and my time is cheap when it comes to saving 60 bucks!
+1 I ordered all my stuff from AM! My gt 500 spoiler got chipped from ups and when I called AM they even apologized when it wasn't their fault and had one shipped by the end of day before I even shipped the other one back! Trust us the 2 minute phone call is worth the piece of mind and great CS and excellent products! I live in Canada and don't get free shipping, I've must have shelled out close to 1k just in shipping alone for all my stuff, but to buy it her would cost me even more than that. By next spring it will probably be close to that again! My wife doesn't like AM. Lol
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:58 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
When I ordered my shift knob and bracket, I ordered one from CJ and the other from AM on the same day. The CJ part shipped next business day and got here quick. The AM part shipped 2 days after the next business day which delayed me putting the bracket on by a week. So, CJ is quicker at getting the part processed in my experience. Both sites had their items listed as "in stock."

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:42 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I love this site and AM, but I'm saving money without playing phone tag. My time is is precious so if I could order a part for cheaper with shipping included and is the same quality, well, game over.

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
Thanks for all the kinds words about our Business, we really appreciate it. We would really love to have all of our business and will always do whatever it takes to offer you the best experience and get you the lowest price possible. With our 6% forums exclusive discount and free standard shipping, we're usually the lowest price out there! However, if we're still not we will gladly price match.

This process only takes a couple minutes, just give our CS team a call and let them know what you'd like to accomplish. All we need is the Website name & we'll verify the price in just a second and match it without a problem!

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance

-Dan
I bought parts from am, you are all awesome.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:09 AM   #22
Admin

Supporter
Admin

My time is valuable too, but with a site such as AM sponsoring Mustang Evolution, offering a 6% discount to us, price matching, free shipping, and a great customer service, they sold me for an extra 2 minutes of my time if its required. At my age, every bit of time is certainly "precious", but I can afford the extra two minutes with AM!

Now if I could only remember where I parked the Mustang......
Old 07-16-2013, 08:20 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Now if I could only remember where I parked the Mustang......
So it's not just me.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:50 AM   #24
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

At times it is uncontrolable

Quote:
When I ordered my shift knob and bracket, I ordered one from CJ and the other from AM on the same day. The CJ part shipped next business day and got here quick. The AM part shipped 2 days after the next business day which delayed me putting the bracket on by a week. So, CJ is quicker at getting the part processed in my experience. Both sites had their items listed as "in stock."
I used to send things out UPS or Fed Ex every day at the place where I worked. I always tried to get things out the same day ordered but once in a while it was just imposable due to UPS or Fed ex picking up early or just plain way to many boxes to send out and get ready to go. I'm sure that American Muscle tries hard to ship out the same day but if they have a lot to send out it may not happen. It could plainly happen at CJ Pony parts when they have more to send out then they can do on one day.
Both places sponsor this forum and are good to buy from

I personally like American Muscle due to Adam, Shane or Dan are always scoping out this forum to see if any of their customers have a problem or need their help. I really love their customer service and that alone is worth spending a few minutes on the phone if needed.

Ronnie
Old 07-16-2013, 11:07 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:

I personally like American Muscle due to Adam, Shane or Dan are always scoping out this forum to see if any of their customers have a problem or need their help. I really love their customer service and that alone is worth spending a few minutes on the phone if needed.

Ronnie
+1 couldn't agree more!
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:38 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Bought my Borla S-Type from Autoanything and didn't think twice. When told $530 shipped, there was no more talking needed.....lol
Tyriqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:48 PM   #27
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Wow tyrigg-- You got a great deal at $550

The cheapest I could find Borla s type for a 3.7 Mustang at autoanything was $609.99
shipped fed ex for free. When did you get them for $550 ? That was a great price.

Ronnie
Old 07-16-2013, 08:26 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
The cheapest I could find Borla s type for a 3.7 Mustang at autoanything was $609.99
shipped fed ex for free. When did you get them for $550 ? That was a great price.

Ronnie
Bought them in March
Tyriqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:15 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyriqq View Post
Bought my Borla S-Type from Autoanything and didn't think twice. When told $530 shipped, there was no more talking needed.....lol
Yeah buddy! Bought my bbk shorty headers ceramic coat for 360 with including the shipping price (21.00). Am would have been 399+, tax not included, free shipping though lol.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:27 AM   #30
Admin

Supporter
Admin

AM would have matched that price, plus 6% discount, and free shipping. That would have been worth two extra minutes in my book.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang