More Bam Tuner Q's - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-11-2013, 08:18 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
More Bam Tuner Q's

**N00b here**

So I have a new 2013 V6. 500 miles. Stock except drop in K&N.
I ordered a BAMA tuner. I requested the street tune for 87 octane, a performance tune for 87 octane, and a performance tune for 93 octane. Not sure that was doable. They sent a tuner with 87 street, 93 performance, 91 race. I really don't need any race tune. Just street and a little notch above. No racing here, just want some oomph from a stock 3.7.
So, why would performance need 93 and race only 91? Seems backwards.
Is there such a thing as a 87 street as well as a 87 performance?
What is the Hybrid tune I read about?
I assume this tuner does a back up of the factory tune so it can be restored?

I do not wish to pester them for a tune that yields a .000025% performance increase. I just want the most for 87 and 93 octane while maintaining a decently smooth ride with acceptable mileage. I know the 87 street will get put in first. But what is the next step? Something else in the 87 octane range? Or 91/93 tune? Is there a sort of street 93 tune?

Also, is there a way to verify the new tune was programmed? If I want a different tune, do I call them and they email me a file? Instructions enclosed were fine for programming, but not for future file changes.
lcseds is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2013, 08:48 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I actually have the Street tune 87 and the Performance and Race tunes are 91 octane and I normally run the 91 Performance. The Race tune lost to much lower end to use all the time but it does make up for it on top end
I got the 91 since a lot of places around here do not have 93 octane fuel.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:36 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Ask for an 87 Hybrid tune.
From your selection of tunes I believe this will give you the best overall performance top to bottom. Nice thing about Bama you can ask for as many tunes as you want.
SouthernCyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2013, 10:40 PM   #4
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
I run the 91 race tune daily. I love the extra throttle response it gives, and i love how it pulls better up top.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:36 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
How do you ask for a hybrid tune? There are three options during the ordering process?

Is there a secret handshake?

What benefits/caveats of the hybrid tune?
Six7One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:55 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six7One View Post
How do you ask for a hybrid tune? There are three options during the ordering process?

Is there a secret handshake?

What benefits/caveats of the hybrid tune?
I think you ask for it in the comments section during the ordering process; however, you could send Bama an email and they could send you the file that way. As far as the benefits go, it will give you the low end power of the Street tune and the high end power of the Race tune.

JMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:59 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Thanks! I just want the saves fuel tune...lol
Six7One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:56 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

So if I care most about low end grunt, the 87 street is optimal? I will try it and maybe ask for a Hybrid as suggested.
Thanks!
lcseds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:19 PM   #9
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcseds View Post
**N00b here**

I ordered a BAMA tuner. I requested the street tune for 87 octane, a performance tune for 87 octane, and a performance tune for 93 octane. Not sure that was doable. They sent a tuner with 87 street, 93 performance, 91 race. I really don't need any race tune. Just street and a little notch above. No racing here, just want some oomph from a stock 3.7.

I do not wish to pester them for a tune that yields a .000025% performance increase. I just want the most for 87 and 93 octane while maintaining a decently smooth ride with acceptable mileage. I know the 87 street will get put in first. But what is the next step? Something else in the 87 octane range? Or 91/93 tune? Is there a sort of street 93 tune?

Also, is there a way to verify the new tune was programmed? If I want a different tune, do I call them and they email me a file? Instructions enclosed were fine for programming, but not for future file changes.
Congratulations on the 2013 V6! You're going to love the Bama tune, it will definitely wake your new sixxer up. When loading your Custom tune to your car, it does pull off the stock file and saves it to the tuner!

We can make any tune for 93, this is what I would recommend. The higher the octane level, the more aggressive we can make the tune! I can tell you a little bit about the hybrid tune as well...

This tune is a mix between the Street, Performance and Race tune. You're going to have the Low end grunt of the Street tune, the mid range of the Performance tune and the all out performance of the Race tune!

Anytime you want a different or new tune, just give the Bama team a call and we'll gladly hook you up! I hope this helps.

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:58 AM   #10

Region: Illinois
Is there a site where I can find out how to install a new tune Bama sends me by way of a email or can I send them my tuner and they can install new tune on it for me im not real good at computers thank you
oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:38 AM   #11
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcseds View Post
**N00b here**

I'd be asking the bama support team these questions. They have an excellent support team.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:17 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

You ever go with the hybrid tune? How you like it? I may order it
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang