Dropping my car suggestions - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-13-2013, 07:48 AM   #1

Region: Florida
Dropping my car suggestions

1.5 in front and back? Or 1 inch in the front and 1.5 in the back? Any opinions?
2013stang3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2013, 12:19 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013stang3.7 View Post
1.5 in front and back? Or 1 inch in the front and 1.5 in the back? Any opinions?
I went with the sr performance springs if I remember right they drop it 1.5 all the way around. I love the way they make the car look. But if I were to do it all over again I wouldn't lower my car. Lowering the car made the ride so rough u feel every bump in the road.
Ntbruncie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:54 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
If you lower your car more than an inch in the back be careful. May need adjustable UCAs to get the pinion angle back in spec and prevent damage to the pinion seal or bearing over time.

I've got the BMR springs and Koni STR.Ts. Great ride. Pretty close to stock PP ride quality.
Otis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2013, 12:00 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntbruncie View Post

I went with the sr performance springs if I remember right they drop it 1.5 all the way around. I love the way they make the car look. But if I were to do it all over again I wouldn't lower my car. Lowering the car made the ride so rough u feel every bump in the road.
You're at the end of your shocks and struts stroke. Or they are where they are starting to really start dampening suspension movement.

Could you also be hitting the bump stops? I have decided that I will do a complete kit around 50k miles or a shock blows.
Six7One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 01:19 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six7One View Post

You're at the end of your shocks and struts stroke. Or they are where they are starting to really start dampening suspension movement.

Could you also be hitting the bump stops? I have decided that I will do a complete kit around 50k miles or a shock blows.
I was thinking of doing the same thing. Or never know I might trade my car for a gt after the 15s come out
Ntbruncie is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang