Gettin that 5% on tomorrow!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-15-2013, 10:32 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
NicholasP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 1,161
Gettin that 5% on tomorrow!!

Gettin that 5% tint on tomorrow should I ask him to do the whole front windshield too?
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-15-2013, 10:45 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
MidnightBlueGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 3,887
I wouldnt do it on the front. 1 you'll get ticketed 2 you cant see well at night
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:32 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
Just get the top strip. You'll be surprised at how much a difference it makes. My tint is legal 35% for my state but the front top banner is 5% which is legal.

Now my tint guy has his truck with all limo black and his front window is tinted too. Looks sick but he is a tint installer. I bet he can forge something. Js.
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-16-2013, 06:46 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
Just get the top strip. You'll be surprised at how much a difference it makes. My tint is legal 35% for my state but the front top banner is 5% which is legal.

Now my tint guy has his truck with all limo black and his front window is tinted too. Looks sick but he is a tint installer. I bet he can forge something. Js.
How would you forge a cop doing a simple light test? Doesnt ur state have those machines to check the % of tint? My buddy tinted his front windshield a custom 45% and it helps with our texas heat and looks badass, surprisingly u can still see pretty much the same at night too! I was gna do it myself to the 5.0 and Storm Trooper.
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:00 AM   #5
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,822
I'd follow Charlies recommendation on this. Even if your local police don't stop you, the ones from out of town may. Gotta look at it from the police's point of view; if they can't see into a car that's pulled over, their life could be at danger. Lots of nuts driving around these days with guns that do not like to be pulled over. I would not want to be the police officer in that situation.
__________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:37 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
v8pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Monmouth County, New Jersey
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 2,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
I'd follow Charlies recommendation on this. Even if your local police don't stop you, the ones from out of town may. Gotta look at it from the police's point of view; if they can't see into a car that's pulled over, their life could be at danger. Lots of nuts driving around these days with guns that do not like to be pulled over. I would not want to be the police officer in that situation.
+1...a cop in my town stopped a car once with full tint, proceeded to walk up to his car, BOOM shot in the face instantly dead...2 weeks later in my buddies car we got stopped, he had dark tint, cops drew guns and got on loud speaker screaming roll windows down with hands out of windows...my town has a 0 tolerance policy for tint now, I hate it, but I do understand where they come from and all in all its a safety thing for the men and women that protect and serve.
__________________
2002 5spd GT
Feb 2013 Mustang of the Month
v8pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:40 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
MidnightBlueGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 3,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJstanger View Post

+1...a cop in my town stopped a car once with full tint, proceeded to walk up to his car, BOOM shot in the face instantly dead...2 weeks later in my buddies car we got stopped, he had dark tint, cops drew guns and got on loud speaker screaming roll windows down with hands out of windows...my town has a 0 tolerance policy for tint now, I hate it, but I do understand where they come from and all in all its a safety thing for the men and women that protect and serve.
It's all for their own safety to do their jobs. I can sacrifice looking cool to allow those who work for our safety to be able to return to their families at night.
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:51 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
acornsmoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Boca Raton
Region: Florida
Posts: 536
get a dermatologist to write you something and you can hAve 0% all the way around 0 problems! haha
acornsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:05 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

How would you forge a cop doing a simple light test? Doesnt ur state have those machines to check the % of tint? My buddy tinted his front windshield a custom 45% and it helps with our texas heat and looks badass, surprisingly u can still see pretty much the same at night too! I was gna do it myself to the 5.0 and Storm Trooper.
If you have a skin disorder and such. They aren't strict at all here in Alabama. Mines at 5% on the windshield. I like mine cause we have a bad deer problem.

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
I'd follow Charlies recommendation on this. Even if your local police don't stop you, the ones from out of town may. Gotta look at it from the police's point of view; if they can't see into a car that's pulled over, their life could be at danger. Lots of nuts driving around these days with guns that do not like to be pulled over. I would not want to be the police officer in that situation.
+1. Keep it legal!
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:21 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
NicholasP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 1,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by acornsmoke View Post
get a dermatologist to write you something and you can hAve 0% all the way around 0 problems! haha
That's a fallacy federal law prohibits tint darker than 20 on the two front side windows and tint darker that 70% on the front windshield the rest can be whatever with official documentation
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:40 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
DWC_SmOziLLa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lancaster
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by acornsmoke View Post
get a dermatologist to write you something and you can hAve 0% all the way around 0 problems! haha
Dermatologist? Lol.
I have papers filled out by my optometrist/ophthalmologist that allowed me to file for a tint waiver. The approval process was pretty cut and dry. All they did was update my registration so at the bottom it says "this vehicle has been issued a tint waiver". The paper work from my doctor that both her and I filled out is then endorsed by the DMV and sealed, you then have to keep it with your registration. But legally I have the right to tint every window, including the windshield, as dark as I please. 100% Legal...
__________________
Best 1/4: 1.90 60ft. - 12.15 @ 119mph on Street Tires.
460.25rwhp & 408.28rwtq SAE on a Dynojet 224xLC
Tuned by Matt Lepkowski, owner and operator a Performance Evolution in Smyrna, DE.
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:44 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
NicholasP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 1,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC_SmOziLLa View Post

Dermatologist? Lol.
I have papers filled out by my optometrist that allowed me to file for a tint waiver. The approval process was pretty cut and dry. All they did was update my registration so at the bottom it says "this vehicle has been issued a tint waiver". The paper work from my doctor that both her and I filled out is then endorsed by the DMV and sealed, you then have to keep it with your registration. But legally I have the right to tint every window, including the windshield, as dark as I please. 100% Legal...
Are you sure? Not saying your wrong but does it not have any rules or limits on the waiver?
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:46 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
DWC_SmOziLLa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lancaster
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicholasP View Post

Are you sure? Not saying your wrong but does it not have any rules or limits on the waiver?
None
__________________
Best 1/4: 1.90 60ft. - 12.15 @ 119mph on Street Tires.
460.25rwhp & 408.28rwtq SAE on a Dynojet 224xLC
Tuned by Matt Lepkowski, owner and operator a Performance Evolution in Smyrna, DE.
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:47 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
NicholasP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 1,161
Anybody ever got a warning for 5%? Haha
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:04 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
DWC_SmOziLLa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lancaster
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,791
Bear in mind this is Delaware I'm speaking if, I'm not aware of the process in any other state. I'm in the middle of moving back to Pennsylvania, once I get there and settled I plan on pursuing the same documentation.
__________________
Best 1/4: 1.90 60ft. - 12.15 @ 119mph on Street Tires.
460.25rwhp & 408.28rwtq SAE on a Dynojet 224xLC
Tuned by Matt Lepkowski, owner and operator a Performance Evolution in Smyrna, DE.
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 05:01 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
NicholasP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 1,161
All black everything
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-959306857.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	559.7 KB
ID:	118731  
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:43 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Midnight2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: So Cal
Region: California
Posts: 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC_SmOziLLa View Post

Dermatologist? Lol.
I have papers filled out by my optometrist/ophthalmologist that allowed me to file for a tint waiver. The approval process was pretty cut and dry. All they did was update my registration so at the bottom it says "this vehicle has been issued a tint waiver". The paper work from my doctor that both her and I filled out is then endorsed by the DMV and sealed, you then have to keep it with your registration. But legally I have the right to tint every window, including the windshield, as dark as I please. 100% Legal...
What a stupid law. Buy some sunglasses.
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:47 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicholasP View Post

That's a fallacy federal law prohibits tint darker than 20 on the two front side windows and tint darker that 70% on the front windshield the rest can be whatever with official documentation
70 is barely anything. That's like factory solar tint
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:07 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jayjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: California
Posts: 458
Every time I get pulled over, I always roll my Windows's down as I'm pulling

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

Over
Jayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:07 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
pwrby4d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 1,020
I had 5% on my last car. Too dark for me for night driving and backing up, Have 35% on sides and back now and I like it. The windshield has 5% on the top though. Comes just down past the Pony. I like having the strip on top. Very popular to do here in AZ.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:22 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
05MUSTANG4.0L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 729
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicholasP View Post
Anybody ever got a warning for 5%? Haha
Ive goten like 3 tickets but not one for having 5% tint I always roll down Windows when i see sirens

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

Ive had my car for more than 5 years, I installed the front Window tints myself
05MUSTANG4.0L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:05 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Midnight2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: So Cal
Region: California
Posts: 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05MUSTANG4.0L View Post

Ive goten like 3 tickets but not one for having 5% tint I always roll down Windows when i see sirens

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

Ive had my car for more than 5 years, I installed the front Window tints myself
5% tint and you see Sirens? Interesting.
Where. I live it's illegal to drive stoned.
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:11 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
05MUSTANG4.0L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 729
I forgot a period after the word tint
05MUSTANG4.0L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:24 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
NicholasP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 1,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2012 View Post

5% tint and you see Sirens? Interesting.
Where. I live it's illegal to drive stoned.
That is funny haha
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



02:16 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.