This sucks!!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-17-2013, 10:17 AM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: New York
This sucks!!!

Every time I get my car, motorcycle or any vehicle fix up the way i like it. Crap like this happens...

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-465532070.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	466.1 KB
ID:	118835

I was on my way to work heading down the highway and saw what look like a rock or some round object bouncing on the road I changed lanes to avoid it went past it thinking damn that was close. But just at that moment I heard and felt the bang on my car door and some idiot in a maxima blew by me doing about 90mph. I just hope the rock really messed up his car!!! To have it repaired properly will cost close to a grand because the whole driver side needs painted for blend. Looks like I will buy some touch up from the dealer and do the best job I can to fix it. WHY??? Damn!!!
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2013, 10:22 AM   #2
Sad Panda
Staff

Region: Texas
it hurts but you cant love your ride!! soon as you do **** happens lol I pulled in to wide sunday evening and hit my friends charger not bad damage luckily just a couple scratches on my ride. he was crying so im having his door fixed
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:26 AM   #3
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Take it to a good body shop....there should be no need to paint the entire side to "blend" it in. My son works as a painter at a good body shop, and he can paint a small section and have it blend in with the rest of the body. They can lighten/darken the color to match any fade that may have happened to the originial paint.

I've see his work (my son's), so I know its possible. You just have to find a good shop that's willing to do it. Most shops tell you they have to do a large portion, because they may want the money, or they just don't have a painter that's all that good.
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2013, 10:38 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

That sucks - sorry to hear about that.

Yeah, what bucko said - some assmonkey at work keyed my door (a few inches long) and they were able to blend the paint fine and it only cost around $390 at a reputable body shop.
SpaceFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:02 AM   #5
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Ouch... rough day..

I do agree with bucko, though. A good body shop should be able to blend the paint and fix this for you. Otherwise, you're always going to be looking at the touch-up paint and wishing it was perfect. Trust me, I know that from experience lol.

Good luck!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:03 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Ouch, sorry man. A good shop should be able to blend that. Or you can touch it up for the time being.

Or a decal! It's +5HP
Six7One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:34 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Oh no!!! That sucks!!! I'd be crying!!! Hope you can get it fixed!!

I've been having problems with cats getting on my car. I'm so scared its going to get scratched. I've trapped 2 of the cats and took them to the animal shelter, now there's freakin cats at work!!! I just can't get away from them!

I wish we could get a bubble to go around them, like a invisible shield lol
LavaRedGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:04 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Atleast u didn't drive your car into your house like I did lol
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:52 PM   #9
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LavaRedGirl View Post
Oh no!!! That sucks!!! I'd be crying!!! Hope you can get it fixed!!

I've been having problems with cats getting on my car. I'm so scared its going to get scratched. I've trapped 2 of the cats and took them to the animal shelter, now there's freakin cats at work!!! I just can't get away from them!

I wish we could get a bubble to go around them, like a invisible shield lol
Here's a trick that works....put some moth balls in a paper bag (bag has to "breath") and set it next to your car. Cats hate the smell. Keeps them away.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:05 PM   #10
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Take it to a good body shop....there should be no need to paint the entire side to "blend" it in. My son works as a painter at a good body shop, and he can paint a small section and have it blend in with the rest of the body. They can lighten/darken the color to match any fade that may have happened to the originial paint.

I've see his work (my son's), so I know its possible. You just have to find a good shop that's willing to do it. Most shops tell you they have to do a large portion, because they may want the money, or they just don't have a painter that's all that good.
It not just paint there is a small dent as well about a 1/4 round at the right angle you can see it big time. Just makes me mad some idiot was flying about 90mph if not for him the rock would not have bounce off his car and hit mine!!! I just missed the rock and as soon as I passed it, it hit me just as quick and that jerk buzzed by me!!! I blame him as much as the truck or car or whatever it fell off of!!! It's just sickening.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:07 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Sad to see this . A good body shop can fix it as good as new .
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:58 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Yea that sucks. And yes they have to repaint the whole area....if they just spot touch it up..you will be able to see it years down the road..I have a very very small chip on my hood from that foam **** and they have to repaint my whole damn hood to repair that one spot. I said screw it and im leaving it even though insurance would pay for it. I will eventually get another chip im sure....no one can see it but me. I just was at the body shop today. Can ya tell?!?! Lol. Good luck!!
Old 07-17-2013, 09:59 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Maybe if it is in a good spot u can put vinyl stripes to hide it? Like if a boss stripe or lower rocker stripe would hide it? Sucks..
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:08 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Here's a trick that works....put some moth balls in a paper bag (bag has to "breath") and set it next to your car. Cats hate the smell. Keeps them away.
Awesome!!! Thanks for the tip!!!
LavaRedGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:29 AM   #15
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LavaRedGirl View Post
Awesome!!! Thanks for the tip!!!
Keep the paperbag with mothballs in a plastic zip lock bag if you plan to transport this bag to a work location, then remove the paperbag from the ziplock bag and place by the car. Putting the paperbag of mothballs in the trunk or car will make the inside smell of moth balls and may not be a pleasent smell to you!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang