2013 V6 exhaust - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-18-2013, 04:12 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
2013 V6 exhaust

I am looking for an axle back exhaust for my 2013 Mustang v6 and wanting to know what are some good suggestions to look at. I want something that is smooth and not over the top loud. I appreciate all the suggestions and help.

Thanks!
gilbert2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2013, 04:16 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilbert2112 View Post
I am looking for an axle back exhaust for my 2013 Mustang v6 and wanting to know what are some good suggestions to look at. I want something that is smooth and not over the top loud. I appreciate all the suggestions and help.

Thanks!
I selected Ford Racing Sport Axle Backs. Had dealer install for hassle free issues with any fit or hanger noise problems later on down the road. They are made by Borla as the Borla Stingers for Ford but have the great ford logo on the larger pipe tips. I have been very pleased since spring when I Had them put on.

Videos on the internet don't capture the true sound of cars, you have to hear in person IMHO.
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:19 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtU View Post
I selected Ford Racing Sport Axle Backs. Had dealer install for hassle free issues with any fit or hanger noise problems later on down the road. They are made by Borla as the Borla Stingers for Ford but have the great ford logo on the larger pipe tips. I have been very pleased since spring when I Had them put on.

Videos on the internet don't capture the true sound of cars, you have to hear in person IMHO.
Thanks! I was looking at some bassani axlebacks on Americanmuscle.com and the sound was pretty good. Do you have any websites that have really good deals on mustang parts that you would recommend?
gilbert2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2013, 04:43 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtU View Post

I heard a set. Will buy them once I have all of the "real" performance parts. Which sucks, because I really want them.
Six7One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:12 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilbert2112 View Post
Thanks! I was looking at some bassani axlebacks on Americanmuscle.com and the sound was pretty good. Do you have any websites that have really good deals on mustang parts that you would recommend?
I had my dealer sell them to me as an installed price deal. Things working right and ability to get dealer service on Ford Racing items are worth more to me than saving a few dollars.

AM and CJ has been good to me for things the dealer could not sell me or I didn't need them to do like an Catch Can or other simple items like that.
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:16 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I love my pypes some people have figment issues, but if you are getting them put on they can fix that and you will still be cheaper than the other exhaust options. Look at american muscle or latemodelrestoration
clamphier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:43 AM   #7

Region: Utah
I've got the Borla S-types (stingers) and they sound great, without being over-the-top, wake-up-the-neighbors loud. No drone at all and not ricey or raspy. Nice gurgle between shifts. I actually think Borla's youtube video is probably the closest to how all three of their exhausts sound. I've heard all of them live and the video is pretty accurate.
3.7L Race Red coupe, manual, Borla S-Type exhaust, Airaid CAI, BAMA 91 race tune, Boss 302 Strut Tower, 18x9 Charcoal GT500 wheels, 35% tint, blacked out trim, Eibach Pro-Kit and other suspension upgrades.
Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:06 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Youtube lol. I still havent been able to decide on what i want yet. Either borla atak, frpp, or steeda axlebacks
ironsurvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:45 AM   #9
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Hi Gilbert2112

You said this:
Quote:
I want something that is smooth and not over the top loud. I appreciate all the suggestions and help.
Magnaflow streets are probably what you are looking for.
Not obnoxiously loud,
A nice deep rumble,
Sounds great at start up.
Stainless steel.
Great looking large tips.
Excellent sound when you stomp on the go pedal.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:52 AM   #10
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Opinion #6

GT500's for the reason Ronnie mentioned with his opinion/choice.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:01 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
So are the Ford Sport ones a big difference over stock?

JMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:17 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMoney View Post
So are the Ford Sport ones a big difference over stock?
Yes they are a big difference. All they really are is borla s types but with ford racing plastered on them. I have them on my car and love them.
fordfan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:12 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfan100 View Post

Yes they are a big difference. All they really are is borla s types but with ford racing plastered on them. I have them on my car and love them.
Sweet I was looking into the frpp exhaust, but my main concern was if there was definitely a noticeable difference from stock. There aren't to many videos out there on them, so it's kinda hard to tell. One last question so I don't hijack the thread, when you punch it is it LOUD because I like the sound of the frpp better than the ATAKs, but I like how loud the ATAKs are.

JMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:38 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
They are loud but not tick off the neighbors at 1am loud. For the best vids on the frpp sports just watch vids of the borla stingers
fordfan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:22 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Bassani ^.^
Nyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:22 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyke View Post
Bassani ^.^
+1
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:34 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Flowmaster force II baby.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:18 PM   #18

I love my magnaflow competition axle back, its pretty damn loud when wide open and high rpms, but i love the sound

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luizleao View Post
I love my magnaflow competition axle back, its pretty damn loud when wide open and high rpms, but i love the sound
Luizleao is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
exhaust