BAMA Tune and maybe intake - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-23-2013, 04:50 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Dude I told u im down just to let me know -.-
Lol I know. I'm just dealing with my dad right now.
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2013, 04:56 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post

Lol I know. I'm just dealing with my dad right now.
I know -___- I told u to just lemme know when ur pops get better.
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:55 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I know -___- I told u to just lemme know when ur pops get better.
He got to come home from the hospital today. So that's a good thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2013, 06:10 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

He got to come home from the hospital today. So that's a good thing.
Thats some good news bro pretty soon he will be up n about wanting to race other people in your car hahaha
Old 07-23-2013, 06:17 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Thats some good news bro pretty soon he will be up n about wanting to race other people in your car hahaha
Lol his dumb *** came home and the first thing he said is where are my cigarettes!
Old 07-24-2013, 12:09 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol his dumb *** came home and the first thing he said is where are my cigarettes!
Lmfao hes a badass
Old 07-24-2013, 06:58 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lmfao hes a badass
I took him to the ***** ER BC he couldn't breath!!!! They kept him there for two days to get his breathing right and the first thing he wants is a CIG!!! Hell No!
Old 07-24-2013, 10:32 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I took him to the ***** ER BC he couldn't breath!!!! They kept him there for two days to get his breathing right and the first thing he wants is a CIG!!! Hell No!
When a grown man wants a cig....nothing will keep him from his cig. Trust me we've tried so much crap to get my grandpa to quit but at 74 he still smokes
Old 07-28-2013, 12:12 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I recently added an airaid cold air (tune required) and bama 93R and 93H tunes. It's NIGHT AND DAY! The car performs WAY better! I made 374hp and 354tq stock. Now I'm 400hp and 383tq! I also installed cat delete pipes at the same time. The 400hp was on blankenship's mustang dyno. A cold air and tune make more power then the stock air box and tune. I'm making the same power as a buddies car that has a full o/r H pipe boss mani, 93R tune, and the stock air box.
The only issue I am having is bama's revised tunes! I logged the car to see if there was any power let to be made. Bad idea! Every tune they've sent has either bad drivability or pings! I'm still running the canned 93R tune and am about to switch to AED

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

Sry didn't see that this is a v6 post. I also had this set up on my 2012 v6 base car with the mt-82. It REALLY woke the car up! Definitely noticeable!!
2013 5.0 m6 base 3.31's tint 20in Shelby razors 255/35/20 falken fk 452's koni srt.t's sr springs j&m phb gt500 mounts upr rear billet lower ca's upr brackets upr adjustable upper ca flowmaster at classics steeda cat deletes airaid cai premium st brace jlt catch can MGW shifter and blk ball. Currently bama tuned 400hp 383tq. Zex blackout kit w/msd digital window switch, fpss, zex bottle heater, bottle opener, blow down, and purge with a dyno tune coming soon..
ddinn25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 12:48 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddinn25 View Post
I recently added an airaid cold air (tune required) and bama 93R and 93H tunes. It's NIGHT AND DAY! The car performs WAY better! I made 374hp and 354tq stock. Now I'm 400hp and 383tq! I also installed cat delete pipes at the same time. The 400hp was on blankenship's mustang dyno. A cold air and tune make more power then the stock air box and tune. I'm making the same power as a buddies car that has a full o/r H pipe boss mani, 93R tune, and the stock air box.
The only issue I am having is bama's revised tunes! I logged the car to see if there was any power let to be made. Bad idea! Every tune they've sent has either bad drivability or pings! I'm still running the canned 93R tune and am about to switch to AED

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

Sry didn't see that this is a v6 post. I also had this set up on my 2012 v6 base car with the mt-82. It REALLY woke the car up! Definitely noticeable!!
That's awesome on the HP and torque gains. Love that performance tuner and cai as well.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 02:54 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

I never dyno'd the v6. The only tune worth running it the 93R. Bama will get you a good safe base tune but if your looking for maximum out put and performance I would look into someone else. The big power tunes are not free!
2013 5.0 m6 base 3.31's tint 20in Shelby razors 255/35/20 falken fk 452's koni srt.t's sr springs j&m phb gt500 mounts upr rear billet lower ca's upr brackets upr adjustable upper ca flowmaster at classics steeda cat deletes airaid cai premium st brace jlt catch can MGW shifter and blk ball. Currently bama tuned 400hp 383tq. Zex blackout kit w/msd digital window switch, fpss, zex bottle heater, bottle opener, blow down, and purge with a dyno tune coming soon..
Old 07-30-2013, 01:15 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddinn25 View Post
I never dyno'd the v6. The only tune worth running it the 93R. Bama will get you a good safe base tune but if your looking for maximum out put and performance I would look into someone else. The big power tunes are not free!
try MPT or AED. they make amazing tunes
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:19 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 stang22 View Post

try MPT or AED. they make amazing tunes
So, MPT offers a more powerful tune than AM's race and hybrid tune? Really? AM gives awesome tunes.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:21 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

So, MPT offers a more powerful tune than AM's race and hybrid tune? Really?
AMs tunes are good safe tunes, more power equals more risk of failure.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:38 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

AMs tunes are good safe tunes, more power equals more risk of failure.
But how much more performance can a mpt tune really give over AM race or hybrid tune. What are we talking about in time wise on 0-60 mph or 1/4 mile. I'm running 0-60 mph in say 4.8 to 4.9 seconds with 91 hybrid tune. What is really MPT tune gonna do better?

I personally rather have a proven safer tune that not going to jack up engine and transmission and little slower. If engine blows up your car is gonna be real slow. Lol
Old 07-30-2013, 01:41 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

But how much more performance can a mpt tune really give over AM race or hybrid tune. What are we talking about in time wise on 0-60 mph or 1/4 mile. I'm running 0-60 mph in say 4.8 to 4.9 seconds with 91 hybrid tune. What is really MPT tune gonna do better?

I personally rather have a proven safer tune that not going to jack up engine and transmission and little slower. If engine blows up your car is gonna be real slow. Lol
I'm not sure but it will be marginal differences 5-10hp. Personally I would stay with your Bama tunes or if you wanna get frisky, get a dyno tune.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:47 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'm not sure but it will be marginal differences 5-10hp. Personally I would stay with your Bama tunes or if you wanna get frisky, get a dyno tune.
Amen brother. I love my AM tunes. I do try to learn as much as I can about the options out there. I would rather have 10 less HP and have my bama tune that's like 99% safe and still very aggressive.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:50 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Amen brother. I love my AM tunes. I do try to learn as much as I can about the options out there. I would rather have 10 less HP and have my bama tune that's like 99% safe and still very aggressive.
Exactly that's one if the reasons they don't do the ghost cam tune on the 3.7. Bc one out of 20 it didn't run right on, so they will not release it.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:56 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

I switched from my bama hybrid to the mpt race and it is more aggressive in the higher rpms. You also have the option to change settings, like your gear ratio, rev limiter, speed limit, etc etc. You cant do that with bama. One of the reasons i got it. Also the low-end torque is greatly improved with mpt race tune. for 75$ i think its worth it. But nothing wrong with bama.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:59 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedStang View Post

I switched from my bama hybrid to the mpt race and it is more aggressive in the higher rpms. You also have the option to change settings, like your gear ratio, rev limiter, speed limit, etc etc. You cant do that with bama. One of the reasons i got it. Also the low-end torque is greatly improved with mpt race tune. for 75$ i think its worth it. But nothing wrong with bama.
What do you mean change the settings like gear ratio. AM changed my gear ratio tune for me.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:27 PM   #56
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Yes. I did a writeup some time back on this. I used a dremel tool with a small cutting disc; I cut off the "muffler, then used fiberglass and matt to seal the hole. I sanded, then painted the tube, and basically created my own CAI, using the sealed stock air filter box.
Bucko:
Do you have a link to your write up? I sure would like to read it and do that mod!
Thanks in advance.
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:55 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

I've had over 10 tune revisions from bama in the last few weeks. Sent in 6 data logs. Of those 10 revisions ALL have problems! NONE run rite! The only tunes that run good are the canned tunes that came on the tuner! I was supposed to get a new revised tune this past Friday and as of today "Tuesday" I still don't have my tune! No response to my e mails or nothing! I've called everyone under the sun including AM's customer service and bama's supervisor! Several times! I've posted this issue on several mustang forums.
Once I get the $$ I'll be making the switch to AED until I step to a 100 shot then its dyno tune time
Old 07-30-2013, 06:10 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Oh and the revisions made my motor ping really bad at about 4600- redline. I never to it to the red line for fear of engine damage! It's of my understanding the torque management is all jacked up. These copperhead ECU's don't allow the motor to ping unless the tune is all screwed up!? The canned tunes I got on the tuner when I ordered it are the only ones that run rite. All I was trying to do was get a revised tune that's more refined for my car and its set up. I was told it should be a cake walk. It's going on 5 weeks now and have sent in 6 data logs. 5 of the 93H tune and 1 of the 93R. I'm currently running the 93R. This tune runs good and pulls pretty hard. The idle is a bit erratic but isn't bad. I also get about 26mpg on the high way. It DOES run better and pull harder than the 93H tune did. That's why I'm running it now. I pulled the #8 plug and checked to see if it was fried from all the detonation

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2624300068.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	408.9 KB
ID:	121327

They look as tho the motor is a bit rich which is ok for rite now. When I dyno'd the car it went 11.6 @ WOT. Put down 400hp and 383tq. This was on a tune that wasn't rite too
Old 07-30-2013, 08:42 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

What do you mean change the settings like gear ratio. AM changed my gear ratio tune for me.
Yea but u can change it right there on the spot with the sct tuner! Bama u gotta re submit the tune form and wait a day. U can also change the rev limiter, neutral rev limiter, speed limit, and a bunch of other stuff right on the spot!
Old 07-30-2013, 08:48 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Anyone take their car in for warranty work after getting the tune and have any problems? Please answer
Salc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:05 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salc7 View Post
Anyone take their car in for warranty work after getting the tune and have any problems? Please answer
I have, no issue. But it all depends on the warranty work being done and the service department. I took mine in for a tranny leak and had it fixed.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:07 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salc7 View Post
Had my Differential rebuilt on my 5.0 do to whining from a bad gear install by another ford dealer and all done on warranty. Car was tuned and no cats and stupid loud haha
Old 07-31-2013, 03:31 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

If you want warranty work done I strongly suggest you flash it back stock!! There diagnostic equipment won't work rite with an aftermarket tune on the car from what I understand? Some dealers are cool and others are complete d!$ks!
Old 07-31-2013, 05:56 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yep. Great tunes, and great customer service too. I currently have their street 91 octane tune. I plan to go further with their 93 octane tune next.

And good gas mileage as well. There tunes are no more a risk than any one elses out there.
How do you like the mpt street tune?
Old 07-31-2013, 06:01 AM   #65
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
So, MPT offers a more powerful tune than AM's race and hybrid tune? Really? AM gives awesome tunes.
After doing some homework and searching, I went with the MPT street 91 tune. Very happy with it and the performance it gave. I plane to step up to their 93 octane within a month.`

Did not affect the gas mileage either, provided you can keep off the right foot. Excellent customer service as well.

I would also highly recommend AM's tunes as well. Members here can get a discount code and get an extra percentage off the price.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:11 AM   #66
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDawg View Post
Bucko:
Do you have a link to your write up? I sure would like to read it and do that mod!
Thanks in advance.
It's buried in some other thread that was posted here some time back. What I did was I removed the tube that connects from the throttle body to the air filter box. Using a dremel tool with a cutting disk, I cut off the square "muffling" box off the tube. I then used some fiberglass and mat to cover the hole. Once dry, I sanded it all smooth, then painted it black and re-installed. You get the same intake engine noise as an aftermarket CAI, and a sealed filterbox which in my opinion, is a true CAI, as the stock box only gets its air from the front grill; no warm engine air that some aftermarket CAI's allow for.

If you decide to go this route, give yourself a weekend, as the fiberglass will take a few hours to cure, then sanding, then paint (use a spray paint thats made for plastics, such as Krylon Fusion). All in all, you'll have about 25 to 30 bucks invested in your CAI.

I'll try to snap a pic or two with mine; I'm bad at doing this, as my weekends are usually tied up with stuff.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:44 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
After doing some homework and searching, I went with the MPT street 91 tune. Very happy with it and the performance it gave. I plane to step up to their 93 octane within a month.`

Did not affect the gas mileage either, provided you can keep off the right foot. Excellent customer service as well.

I would also highly recommend AM's tunes as well. Members here can get a discount code and get an extra percentage off the price.
Just curious but why not the 91 race tune from mpt?
Old 07-31-2013, 07:53 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

I notice that the car will chirp its tires when wot from a dead stop and when the auto shift into second its chirping like a bird. I'm running a hybrid tune which is very aggressive and has very firm shift points. I love the firm shift points but wondering if that will kill the transmission have firm shift points. Even if not driving the car hard, will aggressive firm shift points cause harm to ones transmission on our mustangs. Or is the transmission designed to handle such hard shifts because its a freaking mustang. Lol
Old 07-31-2013, 08:26 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I notice that the car will chirp its tires when wot from a dead stop and when the auto shift into second its chirping like a bird. I'm running a hybrid tune which is very aggressive and has very firm shift points. I love the firm shift points but wondering if that will kill the transmission have firm shift points. Even if not driving the car hard, will aggressive firm shift points cause harm to ones transmission on our mustangs. Or is the transmission designed to handle such hard shifts because its a freaking mustang. Lol
I would say it's bad. I mean our stock shifters are made of plastic and the rear bracket has zip strips holding it together. But you decide for yourself. And BTW ^ that's on a manual, I dont know how the shifter is on yours.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:28 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I wonder why my bama wasn't that aggressive when I had mine. I switched to MPT and it made a hell of a difference.
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang