What to do first - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-19-2013, 10:38 AM   #1

Region: Indiana
What to do first

Going to modify the 2010 V6, should I do duel exhaust first or a CAI and tuner combo
Jimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2013, 10:50 AM   #2
Sad Panda
Staff

Region: Texas
if you want power then CAI & tuner. if you want sound exhaust.
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:54 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I would go with the cold air intake and the tuner. the dual exhaust will work better once you already have the CAI installed as more air will be able to be sucked in and put through the dual exhaust
ErikMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2013, 10:59 AM   #4

Probably wanting to go with the power first
Old 07-19-2013, 11:02 AM   #5
Sad Panda
Staff

Region: Texas
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:22 PM   #6

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie View Post
Going to modify the 2010 V6, should I do duel exhaust first or a CAI and tuner combo
If you want power, do the cai and tuner first, but you can do the exhaust at the same time as all 3 will work very well together as you will be increasing the airflow so the exhaust system will def help expel the gases faster meaning even more power. then do gears and you will really feel the torque coming off the line,
Mods: Side and Rear Louvers, Magnaflow Competition Catback, Boss 302 Strut Bar, AE Aluminum DS, Airaid CAI, Dyno Tuned with Diablosport Trinity 87R Custom Tune, 285 RWHP and 290 RWTQ, BOSS 302S 19x9 Wheels with 255/40/19 Bridgestone Potenza's, RTR Spoiler, FRPP Lowering Springs (1.5" drop), GT500 Strut Mounts, FRPP Adjustable PanHard Bar, JLT Oil Seperator, FRPP 3:73's FRPP x-pipe
Harmon2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:39 PM   #7

Thank all of you for the advice......it's greatly appreciated
Old 07-19-2013, 01:30 PM   #8
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
If it is a Manual you need to do this first thing.

Get a Barton or better yet A Steeda or even better a nice sturdy MGW shifter to replace the stock one before you mess up 2nd gear. All the power in the world is not good unless you can go through the gears without causing a problem. If I had a stick this would be the very first thing I would change. Second would be to put on a good oil catch can.Then Mufflers and a CAI would come next.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:18 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948
Get a Barton or better yet A Steeda or even better a nice sturdy MGW shifter to replace the stock one before you mess up 2nd gear. All the power in the world is not good unless you can go through the gears without causing a problem. If I had a stick this would be the very first thing I would change. Second would be to put on a good oil catch can.Then Mufflers and a CAI would come next.

Ronnie
Huh? I've had my stock shifter for about 2 years now and it works absolutely fine. Goes into every gear smooth as butter. I can also power-shift through all gears no problem. Just because some people have problems with there shifter doesn't mean they all have problems. If your having problems shifting, then yes, that would be good information.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:15 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedStang View Post

Huh? I've had my stock shifter for about 2 years now and it works absolutely fine. Goes into every gear smooth as butter. I can also power-shift through all gears no problem. Just because some people have problems with there shifter doesn't mean they all have problems. If your having problems shifting, then yes, that would be good information.
+1 The stock shifter is pretty good, its the pathetic shifter bracket that's the real problem.I changed it out for a Barton bracket and it feels so much better!
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:21 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I would do Gears and tuner to start. But it really depends how far you want to go with you mods. That's the first thing you should determine. Things like just Axel backs give almost 0 gain and are just for sound.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:47 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13
I would do Gears and tuner to start. But it really depends how far you want to go with you mods. That's the first thing you should determine. Things like just Axel backs give almost 0 gain and are just for sound.
+1 Gears and tuner are the best bang for your buck, IMO.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:49 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
If i had a 2010 4.0L engine i would buy a X-Charger Hi-Po Supercharger Kit for $4,969.99 from American Muscle.....and call it a day.

They're a lot of Turbo's and Superchargers made for the 4.0L.......Just saying
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:59 PM   #14

If I only had that kind of money to spend
Old 07-19-2013, 05:49 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie View Post
If I only had that kind of money to spend
Its your car, we can give you all the advice or options but its up to you on how far you want to go. gears/cai/tuner would be a good start
Mods: Side and Rear Louvers, Magnaflow Competition Catback, Boss 302 Strut Bar, AE Aluminum DS, Airaid CAI, Dyno Tuned with Diablosport Trinity 87R Custom Tune, 285 RWHP and 290 RWTQ, BOSS 302S 19x9 Wheels with 255/40/19 Bridgestone Potenza's, RTR Spoiler, FRPP Lowering Springs (1.5" drop), GT500 Strut Mounts, FRPP Adjustable PanHard Bar, JLT Oil Seperator, FRPP 3:73's FRPP x-pipe
Harmon2011 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang